A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:12 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed: Black Pearl, mixed use at 7th & Peoria  (Read 15365 times)
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 09:08:42 am »

Here's the official proposal to TDA.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:15:00 am by Moderator » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 09:24:42 am »

I've noticed that The Village at Central Park has new construction going on as well.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:01 am »

I've noticed that The Village at Central Park has new construction going on as well.

The new proposal for that comes close to filling in the lots with similar buildings to existing buildings.

This new Black Pearl development seems pretty awesome.  Modest size.  Fronted with parking to the rear.  Space for a phase 2.

I like it!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 10:35:22 am »

These two developments side by side will complement each other well
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:23 am »

I hope to see some of the houses on the other side of Peoria starting to be bought up and restored. They aren't bad houses, they are just in sad shape.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 11:59:02 am »

That's a great spot for a restaurant/patio and should have some nice skyline views. 

Regarding the houses east of Peoria, there are some decent ones and quite a few that probably need to be torn down.  The gentrification of the housing stock in the Pearl hasn't really hit its stride outside of a few small projects.  It's been more commercial-focused along 6th and recently 11th, and now Peoria it seems which is fantastic.  The next step will be in the interior residential area.  Redeveloping the subsidized housing/vacant lots at 8th & Quincy/Rockford would be a big step.

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »

Thanks for posting the images, dsjeffries, especially the view of the building from Peoria Avenue.

The labels on this image are incorrect:

Centennial Park is not in the view.  It's behind the vantage point, to the north.

West is to the right, not north.

Peoria Avenue is not visible, and it runs perpendicular to the directions indicated.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 01:46:42 pm »

Anyone know the latest on the Black Pearl project?

I saw there is another infill project planned for 3rd & Peoria, 2 floors of retail and apartments: http://www.newson6.com/story/39122799/development-planned-for-5000-square-feet-in-tulsa

Architect: http://www.ffttrees.com/6e3

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:44 am »

Anyone know the latest on the Black Pearl project?

I saw there is another infill project planned for 3rd & Peoria, 2 floors of retail and apartments: http://www.newson6.com/story/39122799/development-planned-for-5000-square-feet-in-tulsa

Architect: http://www.ffttrees.com/6e3

I love how they took a little wedge I would've assumed was just a utility/railroad easement and are turning it into something neat. That'll really start to "activate" that interesting but neglected intersection. Lots of potential around there. The bizarre roads and combo of old buildings and empty lots make it an exciting prospective area.

btw, Marshall taproom opens today and Nothings Left opened up last week near there. Might as well call it the Brewery District at this pint.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 01:22:44 pm »

I love how they took a little wedge I would've assumed was just a utility/railroad easement and are turning it into something neat. That'll really start to "activate" that interesting but neglected intersection. Lots of potential around there. The bizarre roads and combo of old buildings and empty lots make it an exciting prospective area.

btw, Marshall taproom opens today and Nothings Left opened up last week near there. Might as well call it the Brewery District at this pint.

"...at this pint."    I see what you did there.   Smiley

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »

"...at this pint."    I see what you did there.   Smiley

Ha I alluded to the same but called it "The Beer District".  Either way is fine by me.  I hope it's not just me either, I wasn't really all that impressed with Renaissance myself.  But to each their own.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org