A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:20 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Tulsa Walkability Presentation - March 23, 2017  (Read 22563 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 02:54:31 pm »

I have nothing against the guy.  I find it incongruous a city like Tulsa which will never espouse real walkable development pays someone like Jeff a nice dufflebag of money to give his opinion on what we are doing wrong with development, only to ignore his recommendations.  I'd love to be reimbursed like that for all the time I've spent giving my opinion in various forums of how bad their developemnt ideas are and how we could do better.

Easy, peasy...we elect Republicans to office - that's how they roll.  If ya wanna have "progress", ya gotta vote for Progressives... kinda the definition of the word and actions.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 08:53:06 pm »

I’ve simply never figured out why it is if the oligarchs who have run the city for decades don’t take the advice of the paid consultants and paid employees, then what are we paying them for?  Yes I caught the earlier comments about Mr. Speck being paid from private funds.  City planning employees are not.

The City is digging for ways to fund the budget, Conan!

My suggestion:  Don't raise taxes.  Get rid of Neighborhood Inspections / Working in Neighborhoods.  Stop re-building sidewalks and curb ramps over and over and over again.  Stop installing stupid designs that won't last.  Stop installing acorn lights.  Put the Gilcrease Expressway project on hold -- forever.  Stop abandoning public parks and selling the land for a fraction of what it's worth.  De-annex the least productive areas of the City (in terms of taxes generated to expenses for municipal services).  Stop widening streets.  Stop giving public streets away to huge companies such as QT.  Stop chasing big box retail.  Stop re-naming streets.  Stop re-doing "streetscaping" projects over and over, again and again.  Stop installing expensive, rough pavers.  Stop building fountains and water features that aren't maintained.  Stop reading water meters for low-use customers on a monthly basis -- allow customers to read the meters themselves or just read them every second or third month.  Stop spending time and money to re-do the City's website.  Many links that were active a few months ago are now dead.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 10:36:49 pm »

hopefully a post that a moderator won't feel compelled to edit for some unknown reason, without any explanation.

I believe your original post made repeated references to the "metrosexual". Perhaps that was the offensive material.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org