A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123645 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2019, 10:37:18 pm »

US government uses several clandestine shelters to detain immigrant children

The federal government is relying on secret shelters to hold unaccompanied minors, in possible violation of the long-standing rules for the care of immigrant children, a Reveal investigation has found.

It remains unclear how many total sites are under operation, but there are at least five in Arkansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

https://www.revealnews.org/article/us-government-uses-several-clandestine-shelters-to-detain-immigrant-children/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2019, 09:47:13 pm »

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration pressured the Department of Homeland Security to release immigrants detained at the southern border into so-called sanctuary cities in part to retaliate against Democrats who oppose President Donald Trump's plans for a border wall, a source familiar with the discussions told CNN on Thursday.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/immigrant-detainees-sanctuary-cities/index.html

The Trump administration proposed releasing immigrant detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” -- including San Francisco -- on at least two occasions within the past six months as retribution against the president’s political enemies.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-proposed-releasing-immigrant-detainees-in-sanctuary-cities-to-target-political-enemies
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:53:42 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2019, 10:48:25 pm »

PHOENIX — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released 18,500 immigrants from federal detention into Arizona in the span of three months, the agency told KTAR News 92.3 FM on Wednesday.

Between Dec. 21 and March 20, ICE released a total of 108,500 immigrants into the U.S.

“The sheer volume of family units crossing the border has overwhelmed ICE’s limited transportation resources; combined with a requirement to detain these individuals for no more than 20 days, the agency has no option but to expeditiously arrange for their release,” the agency said in a statement.

https://ktar.com/story/2506734/ice-released-18500-immigrants-into-arizona-in-span-of-3-months/

This number has now increased to 28,000. So Patric, how many can we send to Tulsa? Oh, that's right, it's all a manufactured emergency, it doesn't exist does it?

C'mon, you guys have a plant that builds buses, send a few down here and we can send you the asylum seekers. The churches and the city are overloaded with people that have no real documentation other than who they say they are.

PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone says the impact of thousands of migrants being released from federal detention into Arizona hasn’t yet majorly affected local communities, but he worries about how “unprepared” the state is to manage the large numbers.

“I don’t know that we’ve already noticed a significant impact in any particular way, but let’s not forget that a lot of the areas that we patrol as a primary responsibility are going to be the rural areas,” Penzone told KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Mac & Gaydos on Thursday.

“So it takes a little before they’re impacted if these populations are being dropped right in the metropolitan, in the more populated spaces such as Phoenix.”

He compared the magnitude of the situation to the relocation of victims after a natural disaster.

That desperation can lead people to break the law, whether it’s property crimes or an escalation of violence, he said.

“I’m just talking about humans in any situation in which they have to find a way to survive,” he said.

“And now you have individuals who are not lawfully in the country … who are going to pursue roots, such as employment, but you need E-Verify, which means now that you’re acquiring an identity not your own and committing a crime to do so.”

Penzone said Arizona is not ready to deal with the high numbers of people being dropped off with very few resources.

“You can’t have a volume of … humans and drop them into a population and say ‘fend for yourself’ and not think that it will affect crime rates or quality of life for that community. It will have an impact.”

He said it’s not U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s fault, though — the bigger issue of immigration and paths to citizenship needs to be addressed.

https://ktar.com/story/2508006/penzone-concerned-that-releasing-migrants-in-arizona-will-impact-crime/?show=comments

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2019, 08:48:01 am »

https://ktar.com/story/2506734/ice-released-18500-immigrants-into-arizona-in-span-of-3-months/

This number has now increased to 28,000. So Patric, how many can we send to Tulsa? Oh, that's right, it's all a manufactured emergency, it doesn't exist does it?

C'mon, you guys have a plant that builds buses, send a few down here and we can send you the asylum seekers. The churches and the city are overloaded with people that have no real documentation other than who they say they are.

https://ktar.com/story/2508006/penzone-concerned-that-releasing-migrants-in-arizona-will-impact-crime/?show=comments

28,000?  Let's take all of them!  Let's have a "New Deal Tulsa WPA Vision" type vote and use it to get these people housing contingent on being in schools, work programs and community engagement, and on a path to citizenship and careers. The Vision money would help pay for the education programs, community engagement programs, and getting the work programs going.  Take it or leave it.  But anyone can apply.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2019, 09:56:42 am »

Gee I didnt know this was all on me so I better get busy!

The number of people at border crossings isnt the "manufactured crisis," nor is the estimated 2 years Trump's DHS says it needs to find the parents of thousands of children it forcibly separated, but the nonsense justifications for building a 2000-mile monument to the narcicist-in-chief, is.

Never mind The total number of people coming into the US without papers is still lower than it was for most of the 20th century, and substantially lower than its turn-of-the-century peak. We're "full."

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2019, 10:21:20 am »

28,000?  Let's take all of them!  Let's have a "New Deal Tulsa WPA Vision" type vote and use it to get these people housing contingent on being in schools, work programs and community engagement, and on a path to citizenship and careers. The Vision money would help pay for the education programs, community engagement programs, and getting the work programs going.  Take it or leave it.  But anyone can apply.

The $billions for the wall could go a long way for these programs
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2019, 08:20:15 am »

With plenty left over to hire them to work on infrastructure project!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2019, 09:16:53 am »

Since Rump's plan to stem immigrants fleeing poverty is to cut off aid from the impoverished countries they are fleeing, we should be flush with cash soon.

Democrats 'won't lift a finger' to help White House on immigration

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/hogan-gidley-democrats-wont-lift-a-finger-to-help-white-house-on-immigration

So lets say your a heroin addict.  You tell everyone you need heroin, and when they dont give it to you, you point your finger at them saying they are your problem.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2019, 07:03:01 pm »

So lets say your a heroin addict.  You tell everyone you need heroin, and when they dont give it to you, you point your finger at them saying they are your problem.

That's actually the way it works with junkies.  Always someone else's fault they are foobared up.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2019, 08:54:43 pm »

That's actually the way it works with junkies.  Always someone else's fault they are foobared up.

Yep.  Leave it to Trump to point at everyone else for his screw ups.  Projection moment.  Every moment, every day.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »

Trump administration says immigrants working in legal marijuana industry lack ‘moral character’ for citizenship

Immigrants who use marijuana or who work in the cannabis industry can be denied citizenship, even if they are doing so in states where it is legal, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said Friday.

“The policy guidance … clarifies that an applicant who is involved in certain marijuana-related activities may lack good moral character if found to have violated federal law, even if such activity has been decriminalized under applicable state laws,” the guidance states.

“Taking a step back, this has nothing to do with cannabis — this has to do with this administration never passing up an opportunity to prosecute immigrant communities,” Collins said. “They see cannabis as a ripe opportunity for persecuting these individuals.”

“The Trump administration has used the war on drugs since the beginning to go after migrant populations,” Michael Collins, director of national affairs at the Drug Policy Alliance added, pointing to President Trump’s rationale that a border wall would keep drugs out of the country and his blaming of migrants for the opioid epidemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/20/trump-administration-immigrants-working-legal-marijuana-industry-lack-moral-character-citizenship

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2019, 01:29:20 pm »

Link to the Mueller report.  No further excuses.  It's absolutely obvious that Barr has been lying to you.  Trump has been lying to you.  Sarah Sanders is pathologically lying (well, just like Trump, so no surprise there...)

Previously it could be chalked up to willful ignorance.  From here on, it is clearly malignant ignorance.

https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/f5fe536c-81bb-45be-86e5-a9fee9794664/note/a8d336ef-e98d-4a08-987d-b4c154b22700.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3-9_aOeRm5bDQv4vOg9O6v2PJC8n_NjFeumxQfSYMGRwvEngxZFiiHKJ8

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2019, 07:19:22 pm »

Access to a government jet 24 hours a day. An office in the West Wing, plus guaranteed weekends off for family time. And an assurance of being made secretary of homeland security by November.
Those were among a list of 10 conditions that Kris Kobach, the former Kansas secretary of state, has given to the White House if he is to become the administration’s “immigration czar”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/us/politics/kris-kobach-trump.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2019, 06:45:06 pm »

This is what you get in a climate where citizens opposed to fascism are the bad guys.  The only thing missing is the biggot-in-chief.

“It’s easy to discover a systematic plan of conquest” in Latin American migration, Randall Barnett said.

“Communication potentials are expanding with every single Central American, African and Arab arriving here,” he continued. “Once they arrive here, how many are directed to education centers run by the far left or camps in the woods for a Tet Offensive? It is coming. I’ve been talking to plenty of military vets who are watching this go on. ... Don’t California my USA, don’t California my Oklahoma.”

Barnett was given a standing ovation by the pro-287g contingent.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/commissioners-get-an-earful-on-g-sheriff-laments-lack-of/article_6781de5e-d05d-507e-8490-4757b4773a85.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #299 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:10 am »

Oklahoma Army Post to Temporarily House Migrant Children
Move to open up Fort Sill comes as apprehensions at the southern border rise sharply

“Fort Sill is not designed for this purpose, and turning the facility into a longer-term solution for housing these minors is extremely concerning,” Rep. Markwayne Mullin said in 2014. “We need to be looking for real solutions, not temporary fixes.”
During World War II, Fort Sill was a Japanese internment site. The post also held German prisoners of war.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fort-sill-in-oklahoma-to-temporarily-house-migrant-children-11560365618

Oklahoma Army Base Fort Sill Will Not House Migrant Children, For Now

It is prudent to continue coordination and site preparation with [the Pentagon] should full activation be required in the future," the statement said. "We will continue to keep Congress, local officials, and stakeholders informed of future actions pertaining to the Fort Sill site."

https://www.newsweek.com/hhs-orr-immigration-fort-sill-migrant-children-1451438

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:09:10 am by patric » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org