A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123599 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2017, 02:18:23 am »

You mean just a tooch bit more cruel than a few years ago when Obama made travel from those same countries significantly more difficult. But hey, prospective.

I guess there really isn't anything going on in the world to be worried about.

Perspective projection.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2017, 10:29:23 pm »

Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa, recalled the two officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive conversation in the Oval Office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/us/politics/trump-immigration.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2018, 01:30:57 pm »

I figured this would have been the s-Hole thread. I’ve actually been to numerous places that could qualify for that label. I NEVER could imagine robbing the people that live there of their dignity by publicly calling their land out. 100 demerits to Trump if he said that.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2018, 02:09:10 pm »

I figured this would have been the s-Hole thread. I’ve actually been to numerous places that could qualify for that label. I NEVER could imagine robbing the people that live there of their dignity by publicly calling their land out. 100 demerits to Trump if he said that.

With the Senators who have all verified it, and the massive lie machine Trump has been, HOW on God's green earth could you possibly doubt he said it at this late date??

And absolute shame on Cotton and Perdue!   They have proven exactly what kind of "Christian" they are - NOT!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2018, 02:20:48 pm »

+1, good on you guido
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »

+1, good on you guido

Recognizing basic human dignity has no place in politics. I am that way on the rights of the unborn, gender equality, etc.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:51 pm »

Recognizing basic human dignity has no place in politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaslbj5Th8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/01/23/border-patrol-accused-of-targeting-aid-group-that-filmed-agents-dumping-water-left-for-migrants/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2018, 08:31:40 am »

2005 - two volunteers with No More Deaths were arrested and charged with felonies while they were actively providing aid.  Charges later dismissed.

This IS what "compassionate conservatism" is in the real world.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2018, 11:34:38 am »

2005 - two volunteers with No More Deaths were arrested and charged with felonies while they were actively providing aid.  Charges later dismissed.

This IS what "compassionate conservatism" is in the real world.

The voice on the video was a little unclear, but this poster boy for the Border Patrol was actually saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2018, 01:29:41 pm »

The voice on the video was a little unclear, but this poster boy for the Border Patrol was actually saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Why, yes...yes he is..!!   I don't know why I didn't see that before.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2018, 02:28:20 pm »

Why am I not surprised....?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2d51a9c8-ffcb-3f01-be99-20bb1ca6f406/ss_oops%3A-republican-senator%E2%80%99s.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2018, 01:19:02 pm »

‘Get out of the country!’: Navajo lawmaker harassed by Arizona Trump supporters accusing him of being here ‘illegally’

“Waving large flags in support of Trump while standing between the House and Senate buildings, the protesters, who were also armed, asked just about anyone who crossed their path if they ‘support illegal immigration.’”

One dark-skinned Arizonian who was asked if he was in the country “illegally” was Rep. Eric Descheenie (D-Chinle).

Rep. Descheenie is a Navajo lawmaker.

“I’m indigenous to these lands,” Rep. Descheenie said. “My ancestors fought and died on these lands.”

“This is a public place. When armed protesters aggressively go after members, staff and visitors, there needs to be a response that ensures the safety of everyone involved,” Senate Minority Leader Katie Hobbs said. “I have seen instances here at the capitol when peaceful protesters with a different agenda were surrounded by many more law enforcement officers with a much more aggressive response.”

Mary Lou Sandoval, a Maryvale resident who attended the LUCHA event, later saw the protesters screaming at children who were touring the Capitol on field trips.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2018/01/26/arizona-capitol-eric-descheenie-cesar-chavez-lisette-flores-selianna-robles-katie-hobbs-tomas-robles-trump-supports-yell-illegal/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »

‘Get out of the country!’: Navajo lawmaker harassed by Arizona Trump supporters accusing him of being here ‘illegally’

“Waving large flags in support of Trump while standing between the House and Senate buildings, the protesters, who were also armed, asked just about anyone who crossed their path if they ‘support illegal immigration.’”

One dark-skinned Arizonian who was asked if he was in the country “illegally” was Rep. Eric Descheenie (D-Chinle).

Rep. Descheenie is a Navajo lawmaker.

“I’m indigenous to these lands,” Rep. Descheenie said. “My ancestors fought and died on these lands.”

“This is a public place. When armed protesters aggressively go after members, staff and visitors, there needs to be a response that ensures the safety of everyone involved,” Senate Minority Leader Katie Hobbs said. “I have seen instances here at the capitol when peaceful protesters with a different agenda were surrounded by many more law enforcement officers with a much more aggressive response.”

Mary Lou Sandoval, a Maryvale resident who attended the LUCHA event, later saw the protesters screaming at children who were touring the Capitol on field trips.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2018/01/26/arizona-capitol-eric-descheenie-cesar-chavez-lisette-flores-selianna-robles-katie-hobbs-tomas-robles-trump-supports-yell-illegal/

Trump supporters....ALWAYS the class act!!   All of it low...

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2018, 02:51:22 pm »

Trump concocted a story about a border agent’s death. The truth won’t catch up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-lied-about-a-border-agents-death-the-truth-wont-catch-up/2018/02/09/02941b9a-0db7-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html

The Best Book on Immigration You Will Read This Year Comes From a Former Border Patrol Agent
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/02/best-book-on-immigration-comes-from-border-patrol-agent-francisco-cantu/

When he joined the patrol he fancied himself as someone with “humanitarian instincts that would kind of allow me to be a humane force.” But as his mother reminds him, “You can’t exist within a system for that long without being implicated, without absorbing its poison.”

"There’s this mentality that Border Patrol agents are always being maligned and are always being sort of represented as thugs. That just perpetuates this reluctance to talk to the media or to grant people ridealongs, because the Border Patrol sort of operates from this position of, “Well they’re always out to get us."

"Agents are basically taught to memorize scripts. They’re memorizing lines in a play in order to apprehend people. If all their knowledge comes from the academy, they’re unable to go off-script. If a situation doesn’t fit one of those scripts, they’re unable to capably deal with that situation."

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:44 am »

ICE Lawyer Was Charged With Stealing Immigrants' Identities to Defraud Multiple Banks

https://splinternews.com/an-ice-lawyer-was-charged-with-stealing-immigrants-iden-1822983770

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org