A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:47:28 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123659 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2017, 09:59:56 am »

"We dont make the laws, just enforce them" may have been true back in the before-time, but when you look today at how many laws are "suggested" or flat-out written by the various police unions its hard to argue they are a captive audience.

You think that regulations are really written by regulators?   Nope.   They have the final say so, but seldom if ever do they actually draft the verbiage. 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2017, 11:52:44 am »

You think that regulations are really written by regulators?   Nope.   They have the final say so, but seldom if ever do they actually draft the verbiage. 

Is that why bills like "blue lives matter" are essentially identical in each state?  Come on, cookie-cutter-get-the-law-and-order-reelection-endorsement legislation only requires a politician to add their name to the top.  They barely bother reading it.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TeeDub
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2017, 12:18:31 pm »

Is that why bills like "blue lives matter" are essentially identical in each state?  Come on, cookie-cutter-get-the-law-and-order-reelection-endorsement legislation only requires a politician to add their name to the top.  They barely bother reading it.

Correct.  I would fully expect that some police union wrote it and everyone else took successful legislation and copied it.   Like I said, you will also find that big companies often get to write the regulations that regulates them.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:22 pm »

Deported veterans:

http://www.ibtimes.com/photo-deported-veterans-saluting-us-flag-goes-viral-2613629

Two words that should never appear in the same sentence.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2017, 10:18:19 pm »

Deported veterans:

http://www.ibtimes.com/photo-deported-veterans-saluting-us-flag-goes-viral-2613629

More Trump...his minions are so proud...!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2017, 10:30:22 pm »

We are losing what America is.
TeeDub
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2017, 07:51:33 am »

Deported veterans:

This is an annual rehash of a story.    It should be hard to blame Trump for this.

January 2016
https://www.npr.org/2016/01/13/462372040/service-members-not-citizens-meet-the-veterans-who-have-been-deported

May 2017 (Memorial Day)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/rep-joaqu-n-castro-leading-trip-mexico-meet-deported-veterans-n765251

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2017, 09:40:46 am »

We are losing what America is.

Lost.

We had a few brief moments over 35 years ago when we were still moving toward the light - then reversed direction away.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:33 am »

Lost.

We had a few brief moments over 35 years ago when we were still moving toward the light - then reversed direction away.

You can thank the rise of Fox News for a lot of that.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2017, 12:31:56 pm »

You can thank the rise of Fox News for a lot of that.

Rupert Murdoch.  Koch Brothers.  Ignorance of people who want to live in a fantasy world rather than the real world.  As I have gone on about repeatedly.

Mathis Brothers...??

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2017, 12:53:36 pm »

Big Money As Private Immigrant Jails Boom

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/21/565318778/big-money-as-private-immigrant-jails-boom

The Trump administration wants to expand its network of immigrant jails. In recent months, Immigration and Customs Enforcement has called for five new detention facilities to be built and operated by private prison corporations across the country. Critics are alarmed at the rising fortunes of an industry that had fallen out of favor with the previous administration.

The Joe Corley Detention Facility is a sprawling complex surrounded by shiny concertina wire located in Conroe, Texas — about an hour north of Houston.

ICE spends more than $2 billion a year on immigrant detention through private jails like this one.

The Corley facility is owned by GEO Group, the nation's largest private prison company.

ICE and the U.S. Marshals Service pay GEO $32 million a year to house, feed and provide medical care for a thousand detainees.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2017, 04:26:38 pm »

And the travel ban is dead again. Blocked by the courts, again, the day before it was to take effect.

Something happened today. Any idea?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »

Something happened today. Any idea?

Yes, we as a nation got even a little more cruel. MAGA!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »

But on the positive side there is tomorrow’s big defamation hearing!!!! 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2017, 01:16:19 am »

You mean just a tooch bit more cruel than a few years ago when Obama made travel from those same countries significantly more difficult. But hey, prospective.

I guess there really isn't anything going on in the world to be worried about.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org