A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:19 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123552 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 08:53:47 pm »

Big difference between breaking the law - 10 Commandments in a public space...

And the spewing about local control for decades and then taking it away when it doesn't go ones way, as they complain about so much.   Hypocrisy.

But I can see how the RWRE would be more likely to give a pass to law breakers - we even elected the latest guy based on promises of breaking not just Federal CFR laws, but international treaty law!   Getting a twofor there...  (Not just allowing torture, but encouraging it.)

I agree there is a big difference between violating federal immigration law which leads to illegals killing/raping Americans and a 10 commandments monument which leads to wetness in a small group of people's underwear.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 09:17:13 am »

I agree there is a big difference between violating federal immigration law which leads to illegals killing/raping Americans and a 10 commandments monument which leads to wetness in a small group of people's underwear.

Lol.  Nice try.  You still are kinda out of practice...

Well, Trump DID tell you they are murderers and rapists, so there is that...

Couple of interesting points that would certainly point the other direction.  In the past two and a half decades both legal and illegal immigration has gone up significantly, but crime has declined.  The number of illegals rose from about 3.5 million in 1990 to estimated 12+ million now.   At the same time overall crime rates are dropping.  400% increase in illegals - drop in crime rates.

As of 2013, according to the Bureau of Justice Services, of the 1,574,700 prisoners detained in state and federal prisons in 2013, 73,665 were foreign born (not all here illegally, either).  That makes it 4.6% of the prison population, versus a total immigrant population of 13.3%, both legal and undocumented.  Additionally, urther, according to an American Immigration Council analysis, 1.6% of all immigrant men aged 18 to 39 were imprisoned, while the US-born rate was twice has high, at 3.3%.

But then again, there are all those pesky facts that just trip Trump up every step of the way....   Far lower rate than American born.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html?_r=0

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrants-and-crime-how-big-a-problem-is-crime-committed-by-immigrants/

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/327229-crimes-by-illegal-aliens-not-legal-immigrants-are-the-real

https://qz.com/895624/how-much-crime-is-committed-by-immigrants/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2017, 06:37:28 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ObbTX_nMGk

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:51 am »

And a big difference between violating federal immigration law by allowing people who hire them a pass every step of the way and actually doing something to solve the problem. 

It's always easy to attack the poor. 

But going after the people who create the problem to start with...well, that would mean doing something to their golf buddies....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2017, 08:41:36 am »

Keep on spinning...you may get it right some day.  Although I am kinda starting to lose hope for you....

Try watching the real report she made.

And then, if one is astute, one can see the police allowing people through the roped off area to be photographed by CNN.  But hey, that doesn't fit the RWRE script now, does it?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-rebuts-claim-they-set-up-a-pro-muslim-shot-during-london-aftermath/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2017, 10:03:13 am »

And the travel ban is dead again. Blocked by the courts, again, the day before it was to take effect.

Something happened to the ban today. Can you help us with that?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:05:19 am by guido911 » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2017, 11:19:46 am »

Something happened to the ban today. Can you help us with that?

Is it helpful for you and the people you care about?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2017, 12:00:44 pm »

Interesting background on Trumps mobster role model:

http://www.newsweek.com/john-dean-frightened-trump-over-his-head-629055

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »

Is it helpful for you and the people you care about?

Yes. Caring about national security and protecting everyone from people that come to this country and harm us is something I support. I know those concepts are troubling to you.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2017, 01:30:21 pm »

Yes. Caring about national security and protecting everyone from people that come to this country and harm us is something I support. I know those concepts are troubling to you.

Can you tell me how many Americans have been killed by immigrants and travelers from the banned countries?

Number Killed = X

X < 1

If that math isn't too hard for you.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 01:40:29 pm »

Can you tell me how many Americans have been killed by immigrants and travelers from the banned countries?

Number Killed = X

X < 1

If that math isn't too hard for you.

You're from the "let's wait until 1000 are killed by people from known terror nations before we should act" school. Never knew you had such a woody for Somali immigrants. And by the way, I know those 11 weren't killed, but off the top of my head something about a Somali and a knife attack in Ohio rings a bell.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 02:02:00 pm »

You're from the "let's wait until 1000 are killed by people from known terror nations before we should act" school. Never knew you had such a woody for Somali immigrants. And by the way, I know those 11 weren't killed, but off the top of my head something about a Somali and a knife attack in Ohio rings a bell.

Must suck to live in such constant fear all the time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »

Must suck to live in such constant fear all the time.

Not living in fear, but nice pivot. I am enjoying the constant WINNING! Smiley

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »

Not living in fear, but nice pivot. I am enjoying the constant WINNING! Smiley

Only a scared little bigot links to racist garbage like this twitter feed like you do. We all know who you are. Snowflake.
What is Obama talking about in this clip?

https://twitter.com/President1Trump/status/878747365657767937

Here's the feed's latest post:
A Lesson To The West! Islam Is Satans Army And They Want To Kill You!

Some nice wholesome images from that feed:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:33:51 pm by swake » Logged
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »

How do you feel about responsible gun legislation?
Far more people are killed by mentally ill American's with guns.

Only a scared little bigot links to racist garbage like this twitter feed like you do. We all know who you are. Snowflake.

Nice pivot and namecalling
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:40:27 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org