A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:09:09 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump & Immigration  (Read 123652 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 12:53:14 pm »

Its about to get real and fast for sanctuary cities. This is from a center-right website, so take that into account.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/22/doj-just-sent-letters-sanctuary-cities-wasnt-fan-mail/

It may be just hot air:

President Donald Trump's executive order withholding funding from communities that limit cooperation with immigration authorities applies to a small pot of grant money, not the hundreds of millions of dollars that local governments say is at stake, a lawyer with the Department of Justice said Friday.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Challenge-Trump-Sanctuary-City-Order-Court-419465024.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2017, 01:16:59 pm »

I agree, but withholding that money also symbolic. Kinda makes people have to take sides with something real at stake. Those favoring sanctuary cities, and the willful refusal to cooperate with federal immigration law, will be smoked out.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2017, 06:21:50 pm »

Deported DACA Recipient Sues Trump Administration for Unlawfully Withholding Information

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »

Its a FOIA lawsuit. Read the allegations.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 09:39:47 am »

Its a FOIA lawsuit. Read the allegations.

And I believe I read an article recently that our transparent Obama admin spent a record amount of money fending off FOIA lawsuits his last year in office.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 12:55:36 pm »

But read the allegations of the action at the below link. Tells the whole story, albeit from the deportee's point of view. There was no random pick up and deportation.

www.nilc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FOIA-Complaint-JMMB-2017-04-18.pdf

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2017, 01:04:27 pm »

But read the allegations of the action at the below link. Tells the whole story, albeit from the deportee's point of view. There was no random pick up and deportation.

www.nilc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FOIA-Complaint-JMMB-2017-04-18.pdf

15. USCIS granted Mr. Montes deferred action under DACA in 2014, and he successfully renewed his DACA status in 2016 for another two years, expiring in 2018.
16. Mr. Montes also obtained an Employment Authorization Document (“EAD”) issued under the DACA program. The EAD issued to Mr. Montes is the type of EAD that is granted only to DACA recipients. The “C33” category corresponds to DACA.
17. On or about February 17, 2017, Mr. Montes was walking to a taxi stand in Calexico, California after leaving a friend’s house when a law enforcement official— seemingly a CBP officer—on a bicycle approached him and began to question him. It was approximately 10:00 p.m. when he was stopped. The officer asked Mr. Montes in an aggressive manner for identification, but Mr. Montes had accidentally left his wallet, which contained his California identification card and EAD, in a friend’s car. The officer then called another agent or officer to the scene. Mr. Montes was scared and confused that he had been stopped and felt threatened by the officer.
18. A second officer arrived at the scene and placed him in a vehicle. That officer then drove Mr. Montes to a station at the port of entry in or near Calexico. There, he was detained, questioned, and asked to sign certain documents, which may have been in English. Although Mr. Montes speaks and reads English, Spanish is his preferred language.
19. Mr. Montes was not provided with the opportunity to see an immigration judge, seek the assistance of counsel, or review the contents of the documents that he was forced to sign. He was also not provided a copy of any of those documents and is unaware of the legal basis for his physical removal.
20. Upon information and belief, CBP was able to determine if Mr. Montes had DACA status before he was physically removed. Mr. Montes has had minor traffic offenses and a single misdemeanor offense, none of which would have disqualified Mr. Montes from DACA.
21. At approximately 1:00 a.m. or later, CBP officers walked Mr. Montes to the U.S.-Mexico border (near Mexicali, Baja California) and physically removed him from the United States despite his DACA status.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2017, 01:43:30 pm »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 04:10:39 pm »

Someone needs to get the Latino population on board with hating Trump. Warning: poll

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-hispanic-support-for-trump-increases-55-since-election/article/2622041

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 11:59:05 am »

Illegal aliens are a huge burden on a city-  and they take jobs that legal people could have. The cost of illegal aliens in the  D/FW MetroPlex area  for just schools is one BILLION Dollars, Parkland hospital does one "anchor baby" per hour on average. Tulsa numbers should be lower but it's still a burden on our city. The border wall would be part of a system of border security in combo with more guards, electronic sensors, cameras and the like. The real problem are gangs, drug lords, and terrorists coming across. A nation has to have secure borders and we must know who is in our country & why. I would favor military troops on the border, or have the border area used as a military training ground.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »

Illegal aliens are a huge burden on a city-  and they take jobs that legal people could have. The cost of illegal aliens in the  D/FW MetroPlex area  for just schools is one BILLION Dollars, Parkland hospital does one "anchor baby" per hour on average. Tulsa numbers should be lower but it's still a burden on our city. The border wall would be part of a system of border security in combo with more guards, electronic sensors, cameras and the like. The real problem are gangs, drug lords, and terrorists coming across. A nation has to have secure borders and we must know who is in our country & why. I would favor military troops on the border, or have the border area used as a military training ground.

You really need to go back and quit trying to adult...it ain't working for ya!   If it was, you would know that everything you just spewed was a Fake Fox News lie.

As for cost, for just 1 little example of the contribution they make - have paid in well over $10 billion a year for the last decade or two into Social Security so YOU can continue to get paid.  Totally over $130 billion!  And they will never see a penny of it when they reach retirement age.  So, they are supporting your lazy a$$ right now - even as you spew your lies.  Huh, how about that....?

As for taking our jobs - well, the UFW has been advertising for over a decade for people to come take their jobs.  They will train them, place them in a job, and then leave that job to them.  Steven Colbert went to a farm to check it out.  Up to that point, there had been 16 people take them up on the offer.   16.    Where were YOU sauerkraut??    Sitting in front of your monitor hypocriting away??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1T75jBYeCs&feature=youtu.be

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 01:30:20 am »

Texas has banned sanctuary cities. No word on whether a civil action has been brought in California or Hawaii yet.

https://twitter.com/AD_WHITMAN/status/861406016616968194

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2017, 07:24:26 am »

Texas has banned sanctuary cities. No word on whether a civil action has been brought in California or Hawaii yet.

https://twitter.com/AD_WHITMAN/status/861406016616968194

It's about time...!

Their hypocrisy on "local control" is truly astounding in scope and magnitude!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2017, 10:21:28 am »

It's about time...!

Their hypocrisy on "local control" is truly astounding in scope and magnitude!

I know. Reminds me how no one ever gave a crap about the 10 commandments monument in Haskell. They let those people retain "local control".

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2017, 11:11:55 am »

I know. Reminds me how no one ever gave a crap about the 10 commandments monument in Haskell. They let those people retain "local control".

Big difference between breaking the law - 10 Commandments in a public space...

And the spewing about local control for decades and then taking it away when it doesn't go ones way, as they complain about so much.   Hypocrisy.

But I can see how the RWRE would be more likely to give a pass to law breakers - we even elected the latest guy based on promises of breaking not just Federal CFR laws, but international treaty law!   Getting a twofor there...  (Not just allowing torture, but encouraging it.)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:14:14 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org