A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:51 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Live PD" Tulsa really didnt want to see  (Read 22843 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: February 15, 2017, 11:22:50 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWj-rDgqTBA

Man Who Accused TPD Of Racial Profiling Discuses 'Live PD' Video
http://www.newson6.com/story/34510104/man-who-accused-tpd-of-racial-profiling-to-address-the-media

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:38:25 pm »

The Tulsa Police Department responded saying Wallace could have just walked away

Maybe legally, but I guarantee if you walk away from a cop he will arrest you for assault and battery right after he assaults and batters you.
Then they find a blonde TV reporter that wont ask embarrassing questions.

"He refused to obey commands"

TeeDub
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:45:24 pm »

I doubt they would assault and batter you with a film crew in the car.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:21:42 pm »

I doubt they would assault and batter you with a film crew in the car.

Bingo.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:27 pm »

Image problem? Some cities, including Tulsa, end their role in A&E's 'Live PD'

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/tv/image-problem-some-cities-including-tulsa-end-their-role-in/article_8fe03761-f9f1-5a0d-983a-1db8e5cf95c5.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 01:52:32 pm »

The towns shown on that show are seen as dangerous. It is terrible for a community image.

The police love having a show about them that makes them TV stars. It was great for police morale.

I don't think we need such a program and I am glad it won't be done in Tulsa anymore.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 02:21:28 pm »

The towns shown on that show are seen as dangerous. It is terrible for a community image.

The police love having a show about them that makes them TV stars. It was great for police morale.

I don't think we need such a program and I am glad it won't be done in Tulsa anymore.

Isn't TPD still doing The First 48?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 03:02:44 pm »

Isn't TPD still doing The First 48?

I don't think they are.  I saw not very many episodes with it.  I could be wrong though.  Happens all the time.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 06:10:34 pm »

Cop vanity shows were novel for a while, but the demographic kept shrinking.  TPD broke with "COPS" over disagreements with the scripted segments, but TCSO was more than happy to play.  Spinoffs eventually go thru the same cycle as participants and audience eventually come to realize that "reality TV" producers are exploitative and full of hogwash.

TeeDub
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:33 pm »

Sometimes real life is better than TV.   Apparently if you are black, you should be careful of "over-obeying."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/not-an-equal-tulsa-man-recounts-surreal-experience-of-dui/article_339c7833-eeda-5dfe-925b-63b66bb9e4a6.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 04:55:52 pm »

Sometimes real life is better than TV.   Apparently if you are black, you should be careful of "over-obeying."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/not-an-equal-tulsa-man-recounts-surreal-experience-of-dui/article_339c7833-eeda-5dfe-925b-63b66bb9e4a6.html

Or trying to administer a field sobriety test when you cant pass the test yourself.  Grin

The Tulsa World story barely scratched the surface of something I hope doesnt become a trend:

"Drug Recognition Expert?" You Must Be High.

Bogus Stoned Driving Arrests Highlight Dubious Methods of 'Drug Recognition Experts'
A lawsuit by three sober drivers who were busted for DUI questions the pot-detecting abilities of DREs

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/28/bogus-stoned-driving-arrests-highlight-t

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 06:41:17 pm »

Yes, TPD is still doing "First 48".

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:31 pm »

Yes, TPD is still doing "First 48".

The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office announced its cold case unit would become the focus of a similar (A&E) television show, though it has not yet begun to air.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/police-chief-decision-not-to-renew-contract-with-controversial-tv-show-made-more-than-a-month-ago/

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 12:24:48 pm »

The loudest exchange Wednesday during the town hall on the next Tulsa police chief came when a speaker asked the mayor to commit to canceling the city’s contract to have the police force appear on “Live PD.”

Mayor G.T. Bynum firmly rejected the idea.

“No, I will not,” he said. “Because I think it is important for the people to see what our officers actually deal with out in the field.”

Several people shouted back at the mayor, with one saying, “Let them come to your house.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/mayor-bynum-rejects-calls-for-tulsa-police-to-be-off/article_d7e331c8-fe31-5c04-a9d3-371f1f23cda4.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 07:00:34 pm »

The loudest exchange Wednesday during the town hall on the next Tulsa police chief came when a speaker asked the mayor to commit to canceling the city’s contract to have the police force appear on “Live PD.”

Mayor G.T. Bynum firmly rejected the idea.

“No, I will not,” he said. “Because I think it is important for the people to see what our officers actually deal with out in the field.”

Several people shouted back at the mayor, with one saying, “Let them come to your house.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/mayor-bynum-rejects-calls-for-tulsa-police-to-be-off/article_d7e331c8-fe31-5c04-a9d3-371f1f23cda4.html

And here I was, starting to think that maybe Bynum had a brain and kinda knew what he was doing...

Just shows how wrong even I can be!

Bad TV.   (Won't say what I really think - would get me censored.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org