A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2020, 04:37:50 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Live PD" Tulsa really didnt want to see  (Read 4007 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:37 am »

And here I was, starting to think that maybe Bynum had a brain and kinda knew what he was doing...
Just shows how wrong even I can be!
Bad TV.   (Won't say what I really think - would get me censored.)

A question you probably should be asking is how did the mayor and police chief flip-flop from having legitimate concerns about the risks to officers and citizens posed by collaborating with "reality TV," to speaking fervently in its defense?
Somewhere between the two could exist a juicy story you might likely find in The Frontier, Oklahoma Watch or the Tulsa World long before anyone on TV shows some backbone.

But hey, its doing wonders for our economic development and attracting new business...  Roll Eyes

City councilors split on whether Tulsa police officers should be on 'Live PD'
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/city-councilors-split-on-whether-tulsa-police-officers-should-be/article_0b315491-10c4-5923-aebe-1936bdde6a69.html

Policing isn't entertainment; Tulsa should pull the plug on 'Live PD'
https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/policing-isn-t-entertainment-tulsa-should-pull-the-plug-on/article_f73a392a-771f-5fe1-a6ba-8507e6e0bb18.html

Is it really transparency you want?  Try this:
Each and every police bodycam or dashcam recording should be indexed and available on a police media-only portal within 24 hours, allowing credentialed reporters access to view and report on what they contain (but not immediately publish the video). That addresses the privacy and defamation concerns as well as "tactical secrecy."  
There should never be a future incident where authorities stall for weeks or months on applying transparency to a controversial incident, only to later claim that a recording was damaged or never existed.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:52:06 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org