A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:53 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Block 44" Ross Group development across from OneOK Field  (Read 33518 times)
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 09:35:03 am »

I've been watching it go up from my window. It's going to be taller than I expected.

You weren't kidding. I was driving past Brady Arts and Blue Dome yesterday seeing everything from the highway and it's crazy how that area has changed. The Block 44 building surprised me at how tall it is. The whole area in general all looks great as its being built up. Wonderful transformation and more yet to come.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »

Food was okay.  Beer selection was very limited.  Service was always friendly but never very knowledgeable.  Cool patio.

As I've aged, the fact that the interior was an echo chamber drove me nuts.

1+  Got to eat there once.  Great view, but left with a headache.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/11/how-restaurants-got-so-loud/576715/

Didnt straight-line winds come thru there and tear up some of Phat Philly's awning?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2019, 08:49:09 pm »

From KKT Architects FB page.  It will be a completely different view once this project is complete as well as the ARG apartments to the south, which will be almost the same height.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:15:59 pm by SXSW » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2019, 02:24:00 pm »

Interesting move for The French Hen, the long-time South Tulsa restaurant.  They also announced there will be a coffee shop/bar called Hummingbird Coffee on the ground level and two concepts from In The Raw, a grab and go sushi place on the ground floor and an upscale rooftop restaurant with a patio.

https://www.newson6.com/story/40916863/french-hen-bistro-and-wine-bar-announces-move-to-new-downtown-tulsa-location?fbclid=IwAR3fiZBZKN1AroPHB9g36FWlFdmK5qQDU_JZqSYsSG21qP-qQaiyL7DMmxM
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:27:41 pm by SXSW » Logged

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2019, 05:31:08 pm »

From yesterday, 8/23/19:

Notice the graffiti at the top...

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2019, 09:13:03 pm »

From yesterday, 8/23/19:

Notice the graffiti at the top...

Funny, as I was scrolling down read the "Notice the graffiti at the top..." and then saw the graffiti and thought "interesting touch for the artist to put in the render". lol    Then saw it was an actual photo. ;-P

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2020, 03:16:09 pm »

From KKT Architect's Facebook...looks like they are about finished with the exterior.  Anyone know when In The Raw and French Hen open?

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2020, 03:05:18 pm »

From KKT Architect's Facebook...looks like they are about finished with the exterior.  Anyone know when In The Raw and French Hen open?

Looks so good it almost looks like a rendering!

I wonder if they are going to do the cross-beams on windows which were shown in renderings? I'm guessing that idea was tossed out. It looks like they simplified a bit and went with more black/dark grey, brick exterior rather than the lighter wood colors originally shown. Overall, they stayed true to original design and made an awesome looking building that looks somewhat classic yet representative of 2020 style.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2020, 08:40:56 pm »

In The Raw is now open on the 6th floor

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2020, 08:35:44 am »

Wow, that's a pretty fantastic view.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org