A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:03:40 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Block 44" Ross Group development across from OneOK Field  (Read 33526 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:27 am »

Makes sense, Ross Group is building that project as well.  Curious if the garage will extend all the way to Elgin along the tracks which would allow for easier access to this building and the ballpark. 

The rooftop ITR may end up having one of the best skyline views in Tulsa.

The original ITR also has good views. That will be an amazing rooftop location and they have a solid brand.

I wish the sushi place in that newer building at Peoria and BA would've survived. It had a great balcony with stunning view of downtown.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 01:44:16 pm »

The original ITR also has good views. That will be an amazing rooftop location and they have a solid brand.

I wish the sushi place in that newer building at Peoria and BA would've survived. It had a great balcony with stunning view of downtown.

Zanmai.  It was good, not sure why they couldn't keep it open.  It's an event space now, I know someone that had a wedding reception there. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 04:44:34 pm »

Zanmai.  It was good, not sure why they couldn't keep it open.  It's an event space now, I know someone that had a wedding reception there. 

We loved the sushi side there, the hibachi side was awkward with a view of What-A-Burger and Long John Silver's.  I also thought the food on that side was pretty meh.  Maybe I'm over table side cooking it's not like it was new and inventive.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 04:46:54 pm »

We loved the sushi side there, the hibachi side was awkward with a view of What-A-Burger and Long John Silver's.  I also thought the food on that side was pretty meh.  Maybe I'm over table side cooking it's not like it was new and inventive.

Is that the place that opened over by Phat Philly's?  I never got a chance to eat there.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 04:48:39 pm »

Is that the place that opened over by Phat Philly's?  I never got a chance to eat there.

That's the one.  Knowing what I know of the restaurant business, I kept trying to figure out how they planned to make the financing work on a $3mm or so build out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 04:53:58 pm »

That's the one.  Knowing what I know of the restaurant business, I kept trying to figure out how they planned to make the financing work on a $3mm or so build out.

I ate there several times, and I agree with the hibachi/sushi side aspect.   The Hibachi side just didn't have a good vibe to it at all, at least not to me.  I thought the sushi was pretty solid, if a bit overpriced.  But a great view of downtown, so was worth it every now and then.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 04:59:36 pm »

I ate there several times, and I agree with the hibachi/sushi side aspect.   The Hibachi side just didn't have a good vibe to it at all, at least not to me.  I thought the sushi was pretty solid, if a bit overpriced.  But a great view of downtown, so was worth it every now and then.

For me, if I need/want a great view of downtown, I'll go to a Drillers game and sit on the third base side.  Best view of downtown that I've found.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 08:06:25 am »

For me, if I need/want a great view of downtown, I'll go to a Drillers game and sit on the third base side.  Best view of downtown that I've found.

That view will be changing a lot in the next couple years.  I still think you'll be able to see the skyline though unless maybe you are down by the field.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 10:45:13 am »

Food was okay.  Beer selection was very limited.  Service was always friendly but never very knowledgeable.  Cool patio.

As I've aged, the fact that the interior was an echo chamber drove me nuts.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 01:57:48 pm »

They closed because they had a really bad slow summer (was really hot one year). Wish they would've just ate those losses and carried through. Needed better advertising campaign and focus on patio views. Was an excellent date night spot and one of the best views around. Sushi was well priced.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 02:58:21 pm »

As I've aged, the fact that the interior was an echo chamber drove me nuts.

Lol....old people problems...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 08:23:23 pm »

They had some pretty mediocre reviews, but my wife and I just happened to dine there a couple of days before they closed.  Sat on the patio.  Great view of downtown.  The filet was excellent.  Then when they closed, we were disappointed because it was a really nice place.  It does get old finding a place you really like (Rusty Crane) just to have it close a couple of days (or 5 years) later.  Oh well, life goes on and other nice places will open up (Nola's Creole & Cocktails) and hopefully Duets in the Archer Building.  Hell, I'm even looking forward to the new Brownies in Sand Springs.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 08:40:02 pm »

They had some pretty mediocre reviews, but my wife and I just happened to dine there a couple of days before they closed.  Sat on the patio.  Great view of downtown.  The filet was excellent.  Then when they closed, we were disappointed because it was a really nice place.  It does get old finding a place you really like (Rusty Crane) just to have it close a couple of days (or 5 years) later.  Oh well, life goes on and other nice places will open up (Nola's Creole & Cocktails) and hopefully Duets in the Archer Building.  Hell, I'm even looking forward to the new Brownies in Sand Springs.

Interesting, we may have been there the same night, we celebrated a family birthday with a dinner there and a few days later it was gone.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2018, 12:00:56 pm »

Cores going vertical at Block 44

Hearing The View is likely starting in early spring, exciting times for the ballpark area/Greenwood.

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 03:19:43 pm »

Cores going vertical at Block 44

Hearing The View is likely starting in early spring, exciting times for the ballpark area/Greenwood.

I've been watching it go up from my window. It's going to be taller than I expected.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org