A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:59:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trinity UMC on brookside torn down today for new ministry  (Read 7446 times)
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« on: December 27, 2016, 12:31:59 pm »

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=34135097&catId=112042

Not sure if Trinity is going to just rebuild or if it is for a new church. Either way, here is to hoping they build something that fits the neighborhood like the previous building did.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »

Looks like it's going to be a new satellite church of First United Methodist downtown, it seems Trinity was closed back in 2015 and merged with Southern Hills Methodist:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/first-methodist-church-developing-plan-for-brookside-satellite-campus/article_83814bd0-a8a0-5604-bf33-71c3a8ec4322.html

They have video of the demo on their website:
https://www.facebook.com/FUMCTulsa/

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »

It's going to be a Walgreen's Worship Center and Market......

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 02:24:21 pm »

It's going to be a Walgreen's Worship Center and Market......

All pray to our Lord Oxycontin? That might help explain our recent murder rate.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:38:57 pm »

From KOTV:

By Easter 2017, First United says there will be a community green space here, a place where families can play and picnic. Pastor Jaynes is already scheduled to lead a Good Friday service.

Beyond the green space, the possibilities are wide open.

"We've thought about everything from climbing walls and multi-use space and, of course, a place for worship," Jaynes said. "And even as you hear the building come down behind me, we are looking forward to life in this place."

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:35:37 pm »

That doesn't make any sense to me... so they are tearing it down to put essentially nothing in it's place? Were there actual issues with the building, or did they just not have the money to maintain it and didn't want to sell the land?

It sounds like they are waiting for lighting to strike with a good idea or possibility, but in reality the church population has dried up and moved on and they don't know what to do.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »

That doesn't make any sense to me... so they are tearing it down to put essentially nothing in it's place? Were there actual issues with the building, or did they just not have the money to maintain it and didn't want to sell the land?

It sounds like they are waiting for lighting to strike with a good idea or possibility, but in reality the church population has dried up and moved on and they don't know what to do.

They've thought about everything except a decision. Sounds almost like an RFP.

I vote for a hotel.
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 09:18:40 am »

Reading that news on 6 article leads me to believe that the national Methodist church, and not an individual congregation, owns the land. If that's the case they may be waiting for the right time to move on it.

Either way, we now have two reports for what will be done here. Who knows.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:51 am »

Were there actual issues with the building,

One of the spots I saw on TV (I don't remember which channel) indicated the building had some serious structural issues.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:18:05 am »

Maybe they'll bring back old time religion..............

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 06:44:08 am »

I vote for a hotel.

I feel like that area could use a hotel.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 08:25:37 am »

I feel like that area could use a hotel.

Thread drift:  What should go in at the new vacancy at 21st & Yale?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:56 pm »

They've thought about everything except a decision. Sounds almost like an RFP.

I vote for a hotel.

Not sure they will allow the height in that area......

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 12:03:40 pm »

A Church of course.....

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 02:29:37 pm »

A cell phone store, a nail salon, check cashing place, a Subway, a bank, a CVS, a rental car place, a Starbucks and a Panda Express across the street from an existing Panda Express.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org