A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:04:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKPOP Museum new home  (Read 59244 times)
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2023, 01:01:09 pm »

Good deal on the funding match. Hopefully private fundraising isn't too much of a hurdle.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2023, 08:06:02 am »

So it sounds like the House decided not to even vote on this, so they never got the final approval despite passing the senate. So OKPOP is dead in the water again... Very frustrating. How many years will the building sit in limbo before they come up with a plan?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2023, 10:34:43 am »

So it sounds like the House decided not to even vote on this, so they never got the final approval despite passing the senate. So OKPOP is dead in the water again... Very frustrating. How many years will the building sit in limbo before they come up with a plan?

I think they will need a private benefactor/foundation to step in and assist.  Similar to how the FAM in OKC was ultimately finished and built out.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2023, 08:19:57 am »

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/officials-moving-forward-with-okpop-completion-with-new-legal-advice/article_3a6beeea-0eeb-11ee-b8d2-db2bb889774a.html

Sounds like they will keep going with fundraising, under the expectation that the state will still come through. Still say having to spend nearly $40 million to complete a museum that is already built is insane.

It also sounds like they will be fundraising through next year, so the earliest I would expect the place to finally open would be 2026?
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2023, 12:56:25 pm »

I agree. Unless I'm missing something, 40 million seems incredibly high. The building is not even that large.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org