A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:50 pm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 116000 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2018, 12:23:23 pm »

I was suspicious when Inhofe actually made some seemingly rational comments a few days ago about his good buddy, Pruitt.  Something was just way out of whack....

Back to the natural order - Inhofe retracts his original correct statements and goes with his standard fare.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/republican-senator-takes-back-criticism-153740307.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2018, 04:23:07 pm »

I was suspicious when Inhofe actually made some seemingly rational comments a few days ago about his good buddy, Pruitt.  Something was just way out of whack....
Back to the natural order - Inhofe retracts his original correct statements and goes with his standard fare.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/republican-senator-takes-back-criticism-153740307.html

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) told lawmakers this week that it abandoned plans to establish an office for Administrator Scott Pruitt in his home town of Tulsa, Okla.

“Although the EPA staff did explore whether office space was available in Tulsa, this possibility was ultimately abandoned,” Troy Lyons, the EPA's associate administrator for congressional affairs, wrote in a Tuesday letter to Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas), the top Democrat on the House Science Committee.

Early on in Pruitt's tenure at the agency, and even before he was confirmed, the agency wanted to rent office space for him in Tulsa, according to Lyons' letter.

Johnson and two other high-ranking Democrats on the panel previously obtained documents showing EPA staff trying to establish the office. Johnson asked about the office in May, saying it would be an unnecessary and ethically questionable expense.

“Establishing a new EPA office in Tulsa may be personally convenient for you, but it seems ethically questionable, professionally unnecessary, and financially unjustified,” Johnson and her colleagues wrote in a letter to Pruitt dated May 1.

Pruitt has been under fire in recent months for various ethics and spending scandals, centered in part around allegations that he has sought to use taxpayer resources for personal gain.

In his first few months on the job, he frequently traveled to Tulsa for business and then stayed at home for the weekend. The EPA’s inspector general is investigating whether the trips were a proper use of agency funds.

Lyons also sent the Democrats a series of emails, some of which the lawmakers appeared to already have.

They show that shortly after Trump's inauguration, Ryan Jackson, who at the time was chief of staff for Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), reached out to EPA staff asking them to research office space in Tulsa that Pruitt could use when he was home. After Pruitt was confirmed by the Senate, Jackson became his chief of staff at EPA.

“Pruitt wants to know when he goes home to Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he can work,” Jackson wrote to James Blizzard, in EPA’s congressional affairs office, on Jan. 30, 2017, when he was still on Inhofe's staff.

Jackson later got more specific about what Pruitt would need.

“Office for him, meeting room, lobby space but that’s largely it I think,” he wrote on Jan. 31, adding that he'll also need a secure compartmented information facility "in the event he is working on spill info or otherwise protected information.

"Of course when the President communicates with the Cabinet those communications are protected so we will need to be able to accommodate that,” he added.

Jackson said Pruitt also would need a secure computer and phone, 24-hour access and a parking garage. He added that he wanted the space to be “consistent with previous Administrators,” saying former EPA head Gina McCarthy had a similar setup in her hometown of Boston when she served during the Obama administration.

Jackson said he didn’t think it was necessary to ask for a provision in EPA’s annual appropriations legislation to fund the office space.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/393201-epa-says-it-abandoned-plan-for-pruitts-hometown-office

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2018, 04:29:38 pm »

The job is in Washington - by definition.  If he didn't want to be there, he should not have taken the job.

But then we would have been stuck with his BS around here, too.  It's a dilemma.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2018, 09:40:07 pm »

I was suspicious when Inhofe actually made some seemingly rational comments a few days ago about his good buddy, Pruitt.  Something was just way out of whack....

"Pruitt’s high security costs are justified because of the 'unprecedented threats' against him and his family, Inhofe said."

The security he ordered the day he was confirmed, before any of the "threats" took place?

EPA requested 24/7 security for Pruitt on day one
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pruitt-requested-247-security-day-epa-internal-watchdog/story?id=55159257

You were there Jimmy, you should know.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2018, 01:44:52 pm »

Pruitt, according to a tweet from herr Donald, has tendered his resignation today as EPA Director.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2018, 02:19:52 pm »

Pruitt is out. Good. To much of a distraction. The acting EPA guy is far more experienced and aggressive than Pruitt in deregulation. Very happy

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2018, 02:37:07 pm »

White House turnover:

Deputy Chief of Staff
National Security Adviser #1
Dept. national Security Adviser
Surgeon General
FBI Director
Communications Director #1
Government Ethics Director
WH Press Secretary #1
WH Chief of Staff
Communications Director #2
Chief Strategist
Dep. Assistant to the President
HHS Secratary
Consumer Financial Protection Director
Dept. national Security Adviser
Communications Director WH office of Public Laison
Dept. Chief of Staff
CDC Director
WH Staff Secretary
Communications Director #3
NEC Director
Secretary of State
FBI Deputy Director
National Security Adviser #2
Veterans Affairs Secratary
Homeland Security Adviser
WH lawyer
President Personal Lawyer
EPA Administrator

Hired and Fired: the Unprecedented Turnover of the Trump Administration

Tracking Turnover in the Trump Administration

Trump's staff turnover is the highest of any US administration in modern history

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/6/17088334/hagin-deputy-chief-of-staff-trump-white-house-departures

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2018, 02:37:32 pm »

Pruitt, according to a tweet from herr Donald, has tendered his resignation today as EPA Director.

Next stop prison or running a mega church?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »

Next stop prison or running a mega church?

Even money?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2018, 03:55:11 pm »

Next guy just as bad.  If not worse.

Consummate Washington insider.   Consummate swamp creature.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2018, 10:02:33 pm »

Then there is this comment on the World's fb page.  Poor guy, he was the victim so they say.

That's just awful. He was doing such a good job rolling back all the Obama regulations and overreach. From what I have been told, it was Scott Pruitt's aides from Tulsa, Millan Hupp, Sydney Hupp and Sarah Greenwalt that were responsible for all the problems. They are young and just don't understand how things need to be done in Washington. I hope they are prosecuted by Congress or a special prosecutor. It is sad that a good and god fearing man like Administrator Pruitt now has to pay the price for their dishonesty and lack of knowledge. The only good news is that Administrator Pruitt is now freed up to come back to Oklahoma to seek higher office. I have heard from reliable sources that James Inhofe will be retiring soon and Mary Fallin will be appointing Scott Pruitt to take his place in the Senate till the good folks of Oklahoma elect him as United States Senator from Oklahoma.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »

Then there is this comment on the World's fb page.  Poor guy, he was the victim so they say.

That's just awful. He was doing such a good job rolling back all the Obama regulations and overreach. From what I have been told, it was Scott Pruitt's aides from Tulsa, Millan Hupp, Sydney Hupp and Sarah Greenwalt that were responsible for all the problems. They are young and just don't understand how things need to be done in Washington. I hope they are prosecuted by Congress or a special prosecutor. It is sad that a good and god fearing man like Administrator Pruitt now has to pay the price for their dishonesty and lack of knowledge. The only good news is that Administrator Pruitt is now freed up to come back to Oklahoma to seek higher office. I have heard from reliable sources that James Inhofe will be retiring soon and Mary Fallin will be appointing Scott Pruitt to take his place in the Senate till the good folks of Oklahoma elect him as United States Senator from Oklahoma.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2018, 06:57:38 am »

Grifters gotta grift, and believe me, Mary Fallin knows about grifters.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2018, 10:23:24 am »

This next guy may poison our children even faster.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »

Cognitive dissonance much?  Apparently this writer is unaware of how he ran the AG's office like a monarchy.  SMH.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org