A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 116027 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2018, 08:33:54 am »

Ahem, as in Pruitt having thin skin.

Oh...yeah!   No doubt about Pruitt...I guess I just figured that was so widely understood...

And having one of Ed's 5:00 am moments...at varying times during the day.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2018, 06:11:59 pm »

The same idiots made the Indian Brewery in Broken Arrow change its name (as it was culturally insensitive.)

You never know when a crackpot is more than just a keyboard tough guy.

If Blue Dragonflies or Blu (insert umlaut here) Dragonflies ever get offended, my businesses are jacked.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2018, 02:28:29 pm »

Scott Pruitt’s EPA and the White House sought to block publication of a federal health study on a nationwide water-contamination crisis, after one Trump administration aide warned it would cause a "public relations nightmare," newly disclosed emails reveal.

The intervention early this year — not previously disclosed — came as HHS' Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry was preparing to publish its assessment of a class of toxic chemicals that has contaminated water supplies near military bases, chemical plants and other sites from New York to Michigan to West Virginia.

The study would show that the chemicals endanger human health at a far lower level than EPA has previously called safe, according to the emails.

More than three months later, the draft study remains unpublished, and the HHS unit says it has no scheduled date to release it for public comment.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/14/emails-white-house-interfered-with-science-study-536950

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:29 pm »

The same idiots made the Indian Brewery in Broken Arrow change its name (as it was culturally insensitive.)

You never know when a crackpot is more than just a keyboard tough guy.

No kidding!  What a crock of carp!   The guys are Native Americans.  They talked to several tribes about it.  Would love to know what candy-a$$, non-Native, a...  I guess I better not say that...

Whoever complained needs to get out their jumbo Crayon set and sit down and color!  Shut up and let the adults talk!  And don't show their ignorant faces at the place.  Ever!

They are now calling it Broken Arrow Brewing Co.  Still a very cool building and I am looking forward to their opening and going out to visit!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2018, 05:49:05 pm »

Scott Pruitt asked for a 24/7 security detail, which he has blamed on security threats, before he ever started working at the agency, the EPA’s internal watchdog said Monday.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/387639-pruitt-asked-for-24-7-security-before-starting-at-epa-watchdog-says

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:08 pm »

EPA Director Pruitt was so sorry for blocking select reporters from covering a water pollution summit that he did it again the next day
http://abc7news.com/epa-criticized-for-again-blocking-reporters-from-chemicals-summit/3512543/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2018, 11:14:08 am »

EPA Director Pruitt was so sorry for blocking select reporters from covering a water pollution summit that he did it again the next day
http://abc7news.com/epa-criticized-for-again-blocking-reporters-from-chemicals-summit/3512543/

Trump Mini-me.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2018, 09:58:06 am »

Trump Mini-me.

Pruitt’s scheduler Millan Hupp told Oversight staff she worked with the managing director of the Trump International Hotel in hopes of securing an old mattress.  She said Pruitt had told her someone at the hotel indicated he could purchase the mattress, though she did not know why he wished to do so and did not know if he ultimately bought it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/04/scott-pruitt-trump-hotel-mattress-592165

Ugh.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2018, 10:47:37 am »

Pruitt and his wife ultimately settled on an apartment on 13th and U streets, but left it shortly afterwards because “they were not comfortable in the area,” according to Hupp.

It's a rapidly gentrifying area with remodeled rowhouses and new condo buildings.  A few subway stops from the Hill.  A 30 minute walk from the EPA HQ. Here's the Google map of the area, go forth and drop a pin.  

I love that area.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »

Lol...This guy is doing a great job...As the freak out is just as bad....24/7-365...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2018, 06:58:44 am »

Lol...This guy is doing a great job...As the freak out is just as bad....24/7-365...

What is it that he is doing that is great?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2018, 09:52:42 am »

Providing a bad example for all our children to see and avoid.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2018, 10:17:15 am »

Preserving old mattress DNA for future generations to enjoy and appreciate?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2018, 10:18:24 am »

You must have something to show for his work if you're responding so lovingly. 

What has he done to show you he's doing a great job?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2018, 10:29:48 am »

You must have something to show for his work if you're responding so lovingly. 

What has he done to show you he's doing a great job?

You took that one little step past the sound bite - he has no response.  Can't think that far forward into the future.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org