A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:43:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 116015 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/usworld/ny-times-editorial-scott-pruitt-has-become-ridiculous/article_04e74a2e-1641-569e-8c8c-f7876de4418b.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2018, 04:52:39 pm »

Clearly a hit piece but I couldn't resist:

"Great job Scottie!"

I found a great Pruitt meme but cannot figure out how to get images to copy properly from teh Googlz anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2018, 08:30:29 pm »

"Great job Scottie!"

I found a great Pruitt meme but cannot figure out how to get images to copy properly from teh Googlz anymore.

Just to help the heartburn a little bit... cover of "Ice Ice Baby".  That I actually like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3IxxYsIN8&list=RD_nLmM9kcBKs&index=3

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2018, 08:12:57 am »

You say "hit piece" but was any of it untrue? Did he not send thousands for the telephone hush box? Did he not want to use lights and sirens to cut through traffic? Did he not insist on flying first class for "security" reasons or insist on using Delta to accumulate frequent flier miles?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2018, 12:28:45 pm »

"Great job Scottie!"

I take issue with the headline... he has not 'become' -he has always been ridiculous!

If one is good, it ain't bragging if it's true...

Conversely, if one is bad, it ain't a hit piece if it's true.  It's just truth.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2018, 01:07:37 pm »

You say "hit piece" but was any of it untrue? Did he not send thousands for the telephone hush box? Did he not want to use lights and sirens to cut through traffic? Did he not insist on flying first class for "security" reasons or insist on using Delta to accumulate frequent flier miles?

From the tone, it is an angry Op-Ed, not hard news. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »

And shouldn't we be angry at what he's done?  Trump isn't draining the swamp, he's installing one.  Moreso than DC was before, if that's even possible.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:21 pm »

The link does say "editorial"

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2018, 07:58:34 am »

The link does say "editorial"

Most of the dumb masses will skim past that.

I have to say, Pruitt has to be the dumbest cabinet appointee since Joycelyn Elders.  But then again, not much of what Trump does makes logical sense.  Could explain why he's been bankrupt multiple times.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2018, 11:04:59 am »

Most of the dumb masses will skim past that.

I have to say, Pruitt has to be the dumbest cabinet appointee since Joycelyn Elders.  But then again, not much of what Trump does makes logical sense.  Could explain why he's been bankrupt multiple times.

And don't forget, adding almost $2 trillion more to the debt over the next 2 years!  He is going for the George W Bush record.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2018, 12:23:40 pm »

And don't forget, adding almost $2 trillion more to the debt over the next 2 years!  He is going for the George W Bush record.

Smoke and mirrors, just like the "Clinton" surplus.  never happened.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2018, 08:43:35 pm »

Smoke and mirrors, just like the "Clinton" surplus.  never happened.

Oh, yeah...there will be more than 2 trillion added...

Surplus...well, yeah, there was one.  Didn't stop the debt from rising slightly those years, as seen in the Federal Debt history, but the rising rate was WAY down the other direction from Republican times since 1981.  Just like with Obama...going from George's last of $1.9 trillion to about $1.55 trillion Obama's first year.  Cut by almost $400 billion.  During the worst recession and the effects of W's massive multi-trillion dollar bailouts to his and Dick's buddies.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:55 pm »

Oh, yeah...there will be more than 2 trillion added...

Surplus...well, yeah, there was one.  Didn't stop the debt from rising slightly those years, as seen in the Federal Debt history, but the rising rate was WAY down the other direction from Republican times since 1981.  Just like with Obama...going from George's last of $1.9 trillion to about $1.55 trillion Obama's first year.  Cut by almost $400 billion.  During the worst recession and the effects of W's massive multi-trillion dollar bailouts to his and Dick's buddies.

You've got to do a better job of learning when someone is busting your balls.  A simple LOL would have sufficed to my smoke and mirrors comment.  I could likely and probably do recite the debt and deficit (real or imagined) figures in my sleep.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2018, 04:42:56 pm »

You've got to do a better job of learning when someone is busting your balls.  A simple LOL would have sufficed to my smoke and mirrors comment.  I could likely and probably do recite the debt and deficit (real or imagined) figures in my sleep.

I know you are being facetious, but there are SOOO many out there that don't realize that and will take to the Fake News Airways in a flash with it...

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2018, 09:53:27 pm »

Or this

Trump steaks and pee tests -- a history of Trump products
https://youtu.be/SYxdH9KosJQ

but back on topic

Scott Pruitt Before the E.P.A.: Fancy Homes, a Shell Company and Friends With Money
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/scott-pruitt-before-the-e-p-a-fancy-homes-a/article_0692cad3-be0f-5f39-ac24-4df66ad84c2d.html

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org