A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:41:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 115989 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2017, 08:45:31 am »

Cone of $ilence.

E.P.A. to Spend Nearly $25,000 on a Soundproof Booth for Pruitt
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/climate/pruitt-epa.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2017, 09:03:06 am »

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-pruitt-spending-epa_us_59cc2a95e4b05063fe0ef9b3

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2017, 12:08:19 pm »

Pruitt is a D-Bag but it seems like false outrage on the part of Huff-Poo.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2017, 12:48:51 pm »

They probably didn't bother to check that there are no commercial flights between Tulsa and Guymon, and Guymon and OKC. Those east coast/west coast opinion writers have the luxury of commercial shuttles everywhere along the coasts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:50:30 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2017, 06:57:08 pm »

Perhaps, but its good to have an accounting for when Pruitt tells us what a great Governor he will be.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2017, 10:59:10 am »

E&E News published a fascinating piece on how religion may inform Pruitt's deregulatory ideology. The takeaway is that the creation story in Genesis shows that God has given mankind dominion over Earth. In contrast, environmentalists, as one pastor in the piece put it, "have started worshiping God's creation, the planet and all the living organisms on it, instead of God."

...and God says "drill baby drill"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-energy-202/2017/11/01/the-energy-202-pruitt-cites-bible-in-ending-way-epa-committees-staffed/59f8f39c30fb0468e7653f76/?utm_term=.112823033050

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »

E&E News published a fascinating piece on how religion may inform Pruitt's deregulatory ideology.

I’m sorry I could have sworn that said “derogatory ideology”.  Very apt in this case.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2017, 01:46:08 pm »

Perhaps, but its good to have an accounting for when Pruitt tells us what a great Governor he will be.

Okrahoma is gonna love it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2017, 05:10:58 pm »

Okrahoma is gonna love it.

The Environmental Protection Agency spent $120,000 of taxpayer money to hire a public relations firm that specializes in public opposition research for Republican politicians.

There has been some speculation that Pruitt intends to use his position as EPA administrator as a stepping stone in his political career, potentially running for Sen. Jim Inhofe’s (R-OK) seat should the 82-year old senator decide to retire in 2020. Because of (Definers Corp) history as a political opposition research group for Republican politicians, some critics voiced concern on Friday that the contract could be politically-motivated.

“Pruitt has already taken the millions in contributions from corporate polluters, but now he’s wasting the taxpayers dime to advance his political career and cover his tracks,” Sierra Club Legislative Director Melinda Pierce said in a press statement.

https://thinkprogress.org/epa-hires-republican-oppo-pr-firm-cf3ebc7e1358/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2017, 10:00:01 pm »

The Environmental Protection Agency spent $120,000 of taxpayer money to hire a public relations firm that specializes in public opposition research for Republican politicians.

There has been some speculation that Pruitt intends to use his position as EPA administrator as a stepping stone in his political career, potentially running for Sen. Jim Inhofe’s (R-OK) seat should the 82-year old senator decide to retire in 2020. Because of (Definers Corp) history as a political opposition research group for Republican politicians, some critics voiced concern on Friday that the contract could be politically-motivated.

“Pruitt has already taken the millions in contributions from corporate polluters, but now he’s wasting the taxpayers dime to advance his political career and cover his tracks,” Sierra Club Legislative Director Melinda Pierce said in a press statement.

https://thinkprogress.org/epa-hires-republican-oppo-pr-firm-cf3ebc7e1358/

I hear Pruitt is a heavy drinker.  He appears to prefer a good stiff vinegar and water.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2017, 10:39:46 pm »

I hear Pruitt is a heavy drinker.  He appears to prefer a good stiff vinegar and water.

Blech! 

I'd rather he prefer a decent adult beverage.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2017, 12:07:41 am »

Blech!  

I'd rather he prefer a decent adult beverage.

Well vinegar and water is pretty much all you will find in a d0uce bag and Pruitt is one.

TeeDub
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2017, 12:25:27 pm »

Hopefully they do better than the ones under the Obama administration.

https://www.gao.gov/products/B-326944
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) violated publicity or propaganda and anti-lobbying provisions contained in appropriations acts with its use of certain social media platforms in association with its "Waters of the United States" (WOTUS) rulemaking in fiscal years 2014 and 2015. Specifically, EPA violated the publicity or propaganda prohibition though its use of a platform known as Thunderclap that allows a single message to be shared across multiple Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts at the same time. EPA engaged in covert propaganda when the agency did not identify EPA's role as the creator of the Thunderclap message to the target audience. The agency's #DitchtheMyth and #CleanWaterRules social media campaigns did not implicate the publicity or propaganda prohibition. EPA also violated anti-lobbying provisions though its hyperlinks to certain external Web pages in an EPA blog post. Both of the external Web pages led to appeals to the public to contact Congress in support of the WOTUS rule, which taken in context, constituted appeals to contact Congress in opposition to pending legislation. EPA associated itself with these messages through its decision to include the hyperlinks in its blog post.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

Hopefully they do better than the ones under the Obama administration.

https://www.gao.gov/products/B-326944
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) violated publicity or propaganda and anti-lobbying provisions contained in appropriations acts with its use of certain social media platforms in association with its "Waters of the United States" (WOTUS) rulemaking in fiscal years 2014 and 2015. Specifically, EPA violated the publicity or propaganda prohibition though its use of a platform known as Thunderclap that allows a single message to be shared across multiple Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts at the same time. EPA engaged in covert propaganda when the agency did not identify EPA's role as the creator of the Thunderclap message to the target audience. The agency's #DitchtheMyth and #CleanWaterRules social media campaigns did not implicate the publicity or propaganda prohibition. EPA also violated anti-lobbying provisions though its hyperlinks to certain external Web pages in an EPA blog post. Both of the external Web pages led to appeals to the public to contact Congress in support of the WOTUS rule, which taken in context, constituted appeals to contact Congress in opposition to pending legislation. EPA associated itself with these messages through its decision to include the hyperlinks in its blog post.

To paraphrase Sarah Palin... You betcha.... same thing totally!  Except for....NOT!!

Geez....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2017, 08:22:11 pm »

To paraphrase Sarah Palin... You betcha.... same thing totally!  Except for....NOT!!

Geez....

Never said it was the same thing.   Apparently you have a comprehension problem.   What I said was, I hope that they can do a better job than the previous ones...   TYou know, the ones that were found by the GAO to have "violated publicity or propaganda and anti-lobbying provisions contained in appropriations acts."

(For the price he is paying, I would hope so.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org