A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:31:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 115995 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2017, 06:26:28 am »

For a man whose posts reek of exaggeration and spin like a top you sure seem offended when its used to answer. Republicans have never looked worse than when they wear the garb of Bannon and Breitbart style hate filled ultra conservatism. It suits you though.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2017, 07:39:11 am »

It's about time somebody reigns in an out of control EPA......

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2017, 07:41:02 am »

Lol..Climate change...What a joke....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2017, 08:30:31 am »

Lol..Climate change...What a joke....

Yeah...really funny.

I'm sure you think the Earth is flat also, like Shaq.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2017, 03:46:12 pm »

For a man whose posts reek of exaggeration and spin like a top you sure seem offended when its used to answer. Republicans have never looked worse than when they wear the garb of Bannon and Breitbart style hate filled ultra conservatism. It suits you though.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »

Loathe him is more accurate. I fear ignorance being passed on to youth.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2017, 03:15:03 pm »

Loathe him is more accurate. I fear ignorance being passed on to youth.

That was my fear when Obama said there was 57 states, and 10,000 Americans were killed in a Kansas tornado, and that breathalyzers are used as an emergency treatment for asthma.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 08:18:37 am »

That was my fear when Obama said there was 57 states, and 10,000 Americans were killed in a Kansas tornado, and that breathalyzers are used as an emergency treatment for asthma.

Your fear?  Come on man.  The problem is not the immediate mistake or gaffe.  Heck Bush had those all the time.  And while yes people joked about them, no one seriously thought he was going to try to stand by the statement.  Trump and his ilk actually try to defend the statements and convince people that they are right.  They intentionally create and provide "alternate facts", etc.  That's the difference.

The Obama comparison is ridiculous.  All of them are simply gaffes in the moment, which he owned up and clarified.  The breathalyzer one was fixed even before he finished the sentence, he just couldn't find the right word. 

(On the "57 states" quote)
"Talking with reporters at a later campaign stop, Senator Obama expressed concern that he’d recently misstated both the number of potential victims of a recent cyclone in Burma and the number of states he’d visited, saying: “I hope I said 100 thousand people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It’s a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh …”

(From Fox, regarding KS tornado)
As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe.
"There are going to be times when I get tired," he said. "There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes."

(Breathalyzer)
“Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma. They end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs when, if you, they just gave, you gave, treatment early, and they got some treatment, and uhhh a breathalyzer, or uhh, an inhalator, not a breathalyzer...”

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 08:22:25 am »

Your fear?  Come on man.  The problem is not the immediate mistake or gaffe.  Heck Bush had those all the time.  And while yes people joked about them, no one seriously thought he was going to try to stand by the statement.  Trump and his ilk actually try to defend the statements and convince people that they are right.  They intentionally create and provide "alternate facts", etc.  That's the difference.

The Obama comparison is ridiculous.  All of them are simply gaffes in the moment, which he owned up and clarified.  The breathalyzer one was fixed even before he finished the sentence, he just couldn't find the right word. 

(On the "57 states" quote)
"Talking with reporters at a later campaign stop, Senator Obama expressed concern that he’d recently misstated both the number of potential victims of a recent cyclone in Burma and the number of states he’d visited, saying: “I hope I said 100 thousand people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It’s a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh …”

(From Fox, regarding KS tornado)
As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe.
"There are going to be times when I get tired," he said. "There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes."

(Breathalyzer)
“Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma. They end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs when, if you, they just gave, you gave, treatment early, and they got some treatment, and uhhh a breathalyzer, or uhh, an inhalator, not a breathalyzer...”

I love it when the counselor comes on here with his ODS.

Now, I wonder where all the outrage from the right will be regarding this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-travel-expenses-10-weeks-us-taxpayer-fifth-barack-obama-eight-years-mar-a-lago-us-a7670541.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 08:36:27 am »

The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

Pay is slightly better...

But the working conditions... Arby's is pretty rough though, so...

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2017, 08:43:36 am »

Hoss, its too late for him or anyone weened on the Fox network. But I really do fear for the younger set being polluted by the mindset of the hoaxers and their network of disbelief. I am starting to see and hear outrageous "science" statements from homeschooled, fundamentalist school graduates. Science doesn't care about their politics or their "prophecy" view of the world. Add to that the anti-intellectualism being foisted on us for the same reasons and pretty soon we really will be an Idiocracy.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2017, 09:37:05 am »

See...exactly what I have been talking about when the RWRE won't go past the sound bite...they just keep on getting it wrong every single time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2017, 03:45:18 pm »

I love it when the counselor comes on here with his ODS.

Now, I wonder where all the outrage from the right will be regarding this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-travel-expenses-10-weeks-us-taxpayer-fifth-barack-obama-eight-years-mar-a-lago-us-a7670541.html

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:07:51 pm by guido911 » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2017, 04:20:38 pm »

Still king of the AV world I see....does that translate well in your litigation?

Just curious.   Tongue

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:29 am »

That. Or the days of their job killing overrugulation are over and gravy train stopped.

I keep asking... no one of the RWRE ever answers... What over-regulation??  As in an example beyond the sound-bite Faux Fox News lies, distortions, and fabrications....

Looking for examples...  For years, still haven't heard one single valid objectionable example.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org