A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:01:39 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Pruitt to head the EPA  (Read 116016 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »

Second post - would this be considered spamming?   Maybe if it weren't so true and pertinent.

https://www.facebook.com/AwarenessAct/videos/1295228900491644/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 11:13:29 pm »

Fox News destroyed EPA chief Scott Pruitt over climate change
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/03/the-left-and-right-agree-fox-news-destroyed-epa-chief-scott-pruitt-over-climate-change

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:36 am »

Fox News of all places.

Why's he using a Tulsa backdrop.   I don't want him associated with Tulsa.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2017, 10:06:35 am »

Fox News of all places.

Why's he using a Tulsa backdrop.   I don't want him associated with Tulsa.

Well he's from here and apparently spends a good deal of time here now. I saw him at my son's lacrosse game a couple of weeks ago. His son plays for Cascia. Maybe he's not popular at the actual EPA?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2017, 11:58:50 am »

Well he's from here and apparently spends a good deal of time here now. I saw him at my son's lacrosse game a couple of weeks ago. His son plays for Cascia. Maybe he's not popular at the actual EPA?

The "lets give him a chance" crowd hang on the belief that he will surround himself with smarter people, but who picks the smarter people?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »

The "lets give him a chance" crowd hang on the belief that he will surround himself with smarter people, but who picks the smarter people?

Did you know that there is a Kremlin, Oklahoma?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2017, 02:05:17 pm »

Trick question...?

Not Trump...universal answer.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »

This makes no sense. Scott Pruitt is a very well known quantity. And is well owned by the energy industry.

I may well see him again tomorrow. We play Cascia again tomorrow night, this time at Cascia at 7:00 if anyone wants to come to talk to Scott. I'm going to refrain as it's my son's game and the game should be about the kids. The last game got really chippy as Cascia is big and tough and not very good. When the score started to get out of hand they got pretty dirty with cheap shots.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:00:09 pm by swake » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 05:49:39 pm »

Horrible..just horrible.

Hard times have arrived at the Environmental Protection Agency. It’s not just the budget and staff cuts which have the long time staffers down in the dumps. It seems that they feel the new boss, Scott Pruitt, as well as his boss, aren’t exactly onboard with the old agenda which they’ve grown used to over eight years under Barack Obama. According to this report from the LA Times, this has some of them feeling so glum and hopeless that they are thinking of leaving their plush, virtually fire-proof jobs and heading out in search of greener pastures. The pressure is such that Jared Blumenfeld, a regional EPA administrator, says his phone is “ringing off the hook.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/05/and-then-depression-set-in-at-the-epa/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 06:46:22 pm »

Hard times have arrived at the Environmental Protection Agency. It’s not just the budget and staff cuts which have the long time staffers down in the dumps. It seems that they feel the new boss, Scott Pruitt, as well as his boss, aren’t exactly onboard with the old agenda which they’ve grown used to over eight years under Barack Obama. According to this report from the LA Times, this has some of them feeling so glum and hopeless that they are thinking of leaving their plush, virtually fire-proof jobs and heading out in search of greener pastures. The pressure is such that Jared Blumenfeld, a regional EPA administrator, says his phone is “ringing off the hook.”

Knowing you boss' goals are to undermine your work and eliminate your job must be the new "plush."

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »

Knowing you boss' goals are to undermine your work and eliminate your job must be the new "plush."

That. Or the days of their job killing overrugulation are over and gravy train stopped.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2017, 08:15:54 am »

That. Or the days of their job killing overrugulation are over and gravy train stopped.

Thanks Trump
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2017, 10:41:56 am »

Yeah, Gweed. Happy days are here again.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2017, 11:38:58 am »

Yeah, Gweed. Happy days are here again.

The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/31/8-surprisingly-small-industries-that-employ-more-people-than-coal/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:54 pm »

Thanks Trump

Yeah. The days of kids in coal mines are coming back because the EPA employees are depressed. Drama queens are everywhere.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org