A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:56:21 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Parking Facility in Brady District  (Read 14482 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2022, 01:18:25 pm »

Could always build apartments out of shipping containers to help foster affordable housing.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/ida-on-mckinley-is-tallest-shipping-container-tower-in-north-america-13693917

lol! Have you priced shipping containers lately?  Shocked
tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 02:57:58 pm »

Hotel brand will be Arrive, seems to fit well in that location too. Architect's site: https://www.chrispardodesign.com/arrive-tulsa

Just stayed at the Arrive in Memphis, awesome hotel experience and will fit in real well at that location.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2022, 07:55:43 am »

I was down in the Arts District yesterday and having this lot developed will be great for connecting Main.  I have heard Western Supply is being redesigned as more of a residential project with 300+ units, and hopes to break ground within a year.  That combined with this project will add a LOT of new residents and visitors to the District. 

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2022, 11:13:52 am »

The hotel looks great. The other part will depend on execution. Could look cool and modern or crappy and outdated right off the bat. I wish our city could become less car dependent but it's a losing battle so nice to see there is parking and it is hidden from the main intersection. I assume part of it will be open to downtown patrons, for a fee of course.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 09:08:20 pm »

I was down in the Arts District yesterday and having this lot developed will be great for connecting Main.  I have heard Western Supply is being redesigned as more of a residential project with 300+ units, and hopes to break ground within a year.  That combined with this project will add a LOT of new residents and visitors to the District.  

I'm wondering if there's some pause given the TIF for that area. I tried to look it up but there's conflicting information I can find on when the TIF began service - I think that TIF might be coming up on expiring in the next few years but could be wrong. If so, that might be a reason why Western Supply is moving slower if they are waiting for the TIF to be reissued or something else like carving this out into a separate TIF like Santa Fe from Blue Dome. If it ends up being 300+ units that's a $75-100 million project.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:13:34 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org