A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More topics please...  (Read 21746 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: November 16, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »

I'm as guilty as anyone else, but there has been a growing trend were we keep a singly thread going forever.  Inside most threads there are now many topics that could easily be spun off into their topics. Still others have thread drift that goes on for pages, that could easily be linked to a new thread.

Again, I'm as bad as you, but though if I posted something about it maybe we can start new threads more often instead of going on to page 50.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »

Singly threads that cover a range of topics are just more fun...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:07:44 pm »

I would start new...squirrel!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »

Well, I have an idea...stay tuned.

(Later)

Look for the New Legislative Session header.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:43:35 pm by Ed W » Logged

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:12:47 am »

I have started 1074 topics. Second place is less than 900.

I can't carry all ya'll forever.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »

I'm as guilty as anyone else, but there has been a growing trend were we keep a singly thread going forever.  Inside most threads there are now many topics that could easily be spun off into their topics. Still others have thread drift that goes on for pages, that could easily be linked to a new thread.

Again, I'm as bad as you, but though if I posted something about it maybe we can start new threads more often instead of going on to page 50.

I tried starting a new topic in the "Events Around Town" category about a Downtown Tulsa Walkability presentation, but "Moderator" soon intervened and began editing the thread without any clear explanation. 

A few days ago, Townsend started the "This Forum is Depressing" topic.  I don't agree with Townsend's opinion about this Forum being depressing, but it's a new topic, as you suggested in your initial "More topics please..." post on this thread.

There are many topics that could be discussed here, but in the case of the one I started recently about walkability expert Jeff Speck's presentation, it's frustrating to me to have a moderator begin editing on Page 1 of the thread -- before the discussion even has a chance to begin, really.

BTW, cannon_fodder, I see that you posted a reply to that particular walkability presentation thread today.  Thanks!  But I had already posted a link to feedbacktulsa.org on March 23, 2017, shortly after the conclusion of author and city planner Jeff Speck's presentation, and a few hours before a moderator jumped in and found the need to start editing my posts, for some reason.

So, anyway, cannon_fodder, thanks for re-posting a link today that I had already posted on the same first page of the same thread more than four days before your post.  Redundancy and repetition can be good things.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 07:10:38 pm »

Redundancy and repetition can be good things.
Redundancy and repetition can be good things.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »

Yes, yes, redundancy and repetition can be good, good things.

Perhaps someone should start yet more new topics -- one or two new topics about redundancy, and one or two new topics about repetition.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:27:38 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:51 am »

I posted a link to the feedback because the presentation itself was posted and the feedback went live.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 07:51:35 am »

I have started 1074 topics. Second place is less than 900.

I can't carry all ya'll forever.

But you do it so well - we have all come to depend on you!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:19:06 pm »

Yes, yes, redundancy and repetition can be good, good things.

Perhaps someone should start yet more new topics -- one or two new topics about redundancy, and one or two new topics about repetition.

Oh, not again!

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org