A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:41:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laugh of the day  (Read 8136 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: November 15, 2016, 03:47:50 pm »

I debated on whether to put this into local or national politics, but thought since Dooey is dreaming big now....

This was a quote from an interview after the state of the City address today.

"I think the country would be well served by my being the new Secretary of Transportation for the United States." -Mayor Bartlett

Wut?

https://www.facebook.com/kjrhtv/videos/10150719356329990/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:50:50 pm »

Dewey served on the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority before he was mayor. He also served on the Airport Board before he was mayor. Dewey also oversaw almost a billion dollars in road improvement funds locally and millions more in Obama stimulus money.

I say he would be a pretty good choice.

Power is nothing till you use it.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:38 pm »

Dewey served on the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority before he was mayor. He also served on the Airport Board before he was mayor. Dewey also oversaw almost a billion dollars in road improvement funds locally and millions more in Obama stimulus money.

I say he would be a pretty good choice.

If if ain't roads, it sucks.
Bridges connect stuff!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:20:26 pm »

Just so long as it gets him out of Tulsa!!

OTA isn't exactly a "ringing endorsment", though.  It is a corrupt bag of cronyism, favoritism, political paybacks, and in general caters to big oil by replacing every road surface on a regular basis instead of building the roads correctly.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:22:01 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 06:17:56 pm »

OTA isn't exactly a "ringing endorsment", though.  It is a corrupt bag of cronyism, favoritism, political paybacks, and in general caters to big oil by replacing every road surface on a regular basis instead of building the roads correctly.

So was this an endorsement for a postition in DC or not? I'm kinda confused.

Grin

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »

I am cheering for Bartlett. A mayor is probably a good choice for such a job.

The new administration will be deciding winners and losers for billions of dollars and Dewey could bring home some of our federal dollars.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 09:52:55 am »

So was this an endorsement for a postition in DC or not? I'm kinda confused.

Grin

Two part.  Endorsement to get him out of Tulsa mayor position. 

And additional commentary on one of the more open, obvious examples of corruption/graft in the state.  There are many more, but none so blatantly obvious and out in public view.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »

I am cheering for Bartlett. A mayor is probably a good choice for such a job.

The new administration will be deciding winners and losers for billions of dollars and Dewey could bring home some of our federal dollars.

This is a good point.  To borrow a question...What the Hell do we have to lose?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 01:33:43 pm »

This is a good point.  To borrow a question...What the Hell do we have to lose?

Only the rest of our collective soul as a country....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 02:12:33 pm »

Only the rest of our collective soul as a country....

Bronx Cheer
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »

Bronx Cheer

Oh, yeah...that's right - we just sold it last week!  I forgot....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »

Oh, yeah...that's right - we just sold it last week!  I forgot....

The American electorate has managed to "Oklahoma" the entire country. 

The good news is, we, as Oklahomans, are used to what is about to happen to all of the United States.

Maybe some of us can go in as "you'll get used to it" ambassadors.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 04:41:50 pm »

The American electorate has managed to "Oklahoma" the entire country.  

The good news is, we, as Oklahomans, are used to what is about to happen to all of the United States.

Maybe some of us can go in as "you'll get used to it" ambassadors.

BOHICA !!

See below...

Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

davideinstein
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »

Anyone remember that PLANiTulsa meeting he went to when he was first elected? He said it was a great plan and wanted to implement it. Laughable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org