A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:44:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP: Gene Wilder 1933-2016  (Read 11293 times)
erfalf
City Father

« on: August 29, 2016, 03:17:34 pm »

Legendary. He will continue to bring happiness to this world well beyond his time on it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »

“You brought me an abnormal brain?!?!?”  My sail boat was named “Abby Normal”.

The three most memorable roles for me were Willy Wonka, Young Frankenstein, and Blazing Saddles.  A truly gifted actor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:46:52 pm »

“You brought me an abnormal brain?!?!?”  My sail boat was named “Abby Normal”.

The three most memorable roles for me were Willy Wonka, Young Frankenstein, and Blazing Saddles.  A truly gifted actor.

The sad thing was how early he lost his wife, the equally hilarious Gilda Radner.  I'm not much to believe in the afterlife, but if any couple deserves to be reunited in one, they would be it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:54:18 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 05:55:58 pm »

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 06:25:59 am »

In memoriam, Blazing Saddles was screened at our home last night (after the kids went do bed of course). It's not necessarily what he says, but how he says it that makes him so enjoyable to watch.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 06:51:28 am »

I said good day, sir!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 03:19:43 pm »

My favorites were "Silver Streak"  &  "Blazing Saddles" I wonder how many "takes" they had to do on some of those scenes must of been hard to say your lines with a straight face. In "Silver Streak" Gene says "The Professor was murdered, but I guess it  was only my imagination" and Ned Beatty says "It wasn't your imagination the professor really was murdered last night". I also enjoyed "See No Evil Hear No Evil" from 1989. the film stared the beautiful Joan Severance, she was just dazzling in that film with her legs. I never saw that Frankenstein film though.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 03:21:33 pm »

Gene was very close to his wife who died of breast cancer in 1989, that was a tuff time for him.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 06:07:52 pm »

Gene was very close to his wife who died of breast cancer in 1989, that was a tuff time for him.

Not even close.

After experiencing severe fatigue and suffering from pain in her upper legs on the set of Haunted Honeymoon in the United Kingdom in 1985, Radner sought medical treatment. For a period of 10 months, doctors, most of them in Los Angeles, gave her several diagnoses that all turned out to be wrong as she continued to experience pain.
During the 10 months, she faced hardships such as the publication of the highly publicized book about Saturday Night Live by Hill and Weingrad, which provided many details about her eating disorder, as well as the financial failure of Haunted Honeymoon. It grossed only $8,000,000 in the United States, entering the box office at number 8, then slipping to 14 the following week. As she wrote in It's Always Something, "On July 26 [1986], Haunted Honeymoon opened nationwide. It was a bomb. One month of publicity and the movie was only in the theaters for a week – a box-office disaster."
Finally, on October 21, 1986, Radner was diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer. "She immediately underwent surgery and had a hysterectomy," said a 2009 article by Jenny Song in a magazine published by the American Association for Cancer Research. "On Oct. 26," the article continued, "surgeons removed a grapefruit-size tumor from her abdomen." Then she began chemotherapy and radiation therapy treatment, as she wrote in It's Always Something, and the treatment caused extreme physical and emotional pain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilda_Radner

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0705717/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:09:23 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 07:44:57 pm »

He had a wife now.   Is polygamy allowed in heaven, I wonder...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org