A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:23:08 am
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1468642 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4050 on: October 28, 2021, 06:48:36 pm »

Only voter fraud shown so far is Republicans voting for dead wives and dead Mommies.   Sounds about right...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4051 on: November 11, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »

Brad Parscale told Trump that the thin crowd at his Tulsa rally 'looks like Beirut in the eighties,' book says
        Trump's ill-fated June 2020 rally in Tulsa saw paltry turnout and caused a COVID-19 outbreak.

Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale warned the former president that the venue for his June 2020 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma looked as empty and desolate as "Beirut in the eighties," according to a forthcoming book.

ABC News Washington Correspondent Jon Karl reveals new details about the ill-fated Tulsa rally, and the COVID-19 outbreak it caused, in an excerpt of his book "Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show" published Thursday in Vanity Fair.

Trump determined by mid-June that the solution to his deteriorating poll numbers, brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and the cratering economy, was to get back on the road with his signature rallies.

While Parscale and his team pitched Trump on more COVID-safe options like a drive-in rally in Tampa, multiple outdoor venues, and even a boat rally outside Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, Trump insisted on an indoor location that could hold a huge crowd, Karl writes.

The Trump campaign eventually settled on the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a state with a Republican governor and relatively relaxed COVID-19 restrictions.

Despite Parscale boasting about hundreds of thousands of ticket signups and registrations on Twitter, the kind of giant, boisterous crowds typical of pre-COVID Trump rallies never materialized that day in Tulsa.

"Is it going to be full?" Trump queered Parscale on the phone from Air Force One on his way to Oklahoma.

"No, sir. It looks like Beirut in the eighties," Parscale replied, according to Karl.

Parscale then warned other staff that "none of you should go anywhere near the president today, including me" because of Trump's anger about the failed turnout.

https://www.businessinsider.com/parscale-told-trump-tulsa-rally-crowd-was-like-beirut-in-the-80s-book-2021-11

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4052 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:43 pm »

Donald Trump tested positive for Covid-19 three days before his first debate against Joe Biden, the former president’s fourth and last chief of staff has revealed.
Mark Meadows also writes that though he knew each candidate was required “to test negative for the virus within seventy two hours of the start time … Nothing was going to stop [Trump] from going out there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/01/trump-tested-positive-covid-before-biden-debate-chief-staff-mark-meadows-book

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4053 on: December 10, 2021, 11:59:36 am »

Of Course Trump’s Jan. 6 Plot Now Involves Kanye’s Henchwoman Urging Georgia Election Worker to Lie -
The Chicago publicist went to the home of Ruby Freeman, who had been receiving threats from the Trump team over false allegations of vote tampering.

While publicists aren’t generally known for their threatening demeanor, Kanye West’s right-hand woman sent his to the home of a 62-year-old Georgia election official to threaten her into falsely confessing to bogus charges of election tampering in the days before Jan. 6.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trevian-kutti-kanye-publicist-urged-georgia-election-worker-ruby-freeman-to-confess-to-fraud-says-reuters

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/kanye-west-publicist-pressed-georgia-election-worker-confess-bogus-fraud-charges-2021-12-10/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4054 on: December 26, 2021, 07:29:22 pm »

So Putin is now threatening military action in Ukraine if NATO accepts them for membership.

"But Donald promised me I could have Ukraine...!"   --Pouting Putin

Why are we putting up with any of this little piss-ants nonsense??  Russia is roughly the same size economy as Brazil.  With fewer people.  NATO and the US should tell him to go sit down and color...let the adults talk!

And slap them upside the head REALLY hard if he doesn't!   We have kept 'propping them up' economically for decades so we could have a propaganda boogey-man!   STOP IT!!   We now have a real one in China so we don't need Russia for that any more!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4055 on: January 31, 2022, 12:00:57 pm »

Is there anyone out there stupid enough to think the Trumppublicans will do the right thing this time?

After all, they did not for two previous opportunities with overwhelming evidence....

https://news.yahoo.com/jan-6-panels-hot-streak-093000987.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4056 on: January 31, 2022, 06:02:17 pm »

Is there anyone out there stupid enough to think the Trumppublicans will do the right thing this time?

After all, they did not for two previous opportunities with overwhelming evidence....

https://news.yahoo.com/jan-6-panels-hot-streak-093000987.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Why would they - they're fascists who want fascism to be the law of the land. The more proof comes out, the happier they get. And we thought the shirtless pics of Putin made them horny
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 07:44:44 pm by tulsabug » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4057 on: March 15, 2022, 09:58:34 pm »

Interesting show on OETA.

The Dictator's Playbook
Benito Mussolini

Draw your own conclusions.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4058 on: May 06, 2022, 08:25:25 pm »

Interesting show on OETA.

The Dictator's Playbook
Benito Mussolini

Draw your own conclusions.

Further Evidence Emerges That Trump Is a Violent Sociopath

Something you’ve probably gleaned over the last six-plus years is that Donald Trump is a big fan of turning to violence when things don’t go his way.
Obviously, there was the January 6 insurrection to overturn the 2020 election, but before that, the ex-president also urged police officers to knock suspects’ heads against the sides of their squad cars; endorsed assaulting reporters; openly fantasized about “Second Amendment people” preventing the appointment of liberal judges; and told supporters, of a man who’d been ejected from one of his events, “I’d like to punch him in the face.”

There was also the time he claimed that the police fatally shooting a civilian was on par with a golfer missing a shot, and just last week, we learned that during an October 2021 deposition, he insisted that beating up protesters was justified if they were trying to throw a piece of fruit.  So it was pretty much business as usual to learn on Monday that during the height of the 2020 racial-justice protests, the then president wanted the military to fire bullets into the people exercising their First Amendment rights.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/donald-trump-mark-esper-just-shoot-them

Esper claims that Trump asked him if the U.S. could “shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs,” then lie to its ally by pretending his administration was not behind the extrajudicial attack.

“They don’t have control of their own country,” Esper recalls Trump saying, according to a copy of the book obtained by the New York Times. When Esper pushed back, he says the president reiterated that “we could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly.” (Aside from the fact that Patriot missiles have 200-pound warheads and are hardly quiet, they are anti-air ballistics used on planes, not ground targets.) “No one would know it was us,” Trump added, according to Esper.

The book states that Trump also wished to put 10,000 active-duty troops on the streets in Washington, D.C., during the protests against police brutality in June 2020. “Can’t you just shoot them?”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/05/trump-asked-about-bombing-mexico-and-covering-it-up-report.html

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4059 on: May 07, 2022, 06:58:05 am »

Further Evidence Emerges That Trump Is a Violent Sociopath

Something you’ve probably gleaned over the last six-plus years is that Donald Trump is a big fan of turning to violence when things don’t go his way.
Obviously, there was the January 6 insurrection to overturn the 2020 election, but before that, the ex-president also urged police officers to knock suspects’ heads against the sides of their squad cars; endorsed assaulting reporters; openly fantasized about “Second Amendment people” preventing the appointment of liberal judges; and told supporters, of a man who’d been ejected from one of his events, “I’d like to punch him in the face.”

There was also the time he claimed that the police fatally shooting a civilian was on par with a golfer missing a shot, and just last week, we learned that during an October 2021 deposition, he insisted that beating up protesters was justified if they were trying to throw a piece of fruit.  So it was pretty much business as usual to learn on Monday that during the height of the 2020 racial-justice protests, the then president wanted the military to fire bullets into the people exercising their First Amendment rights.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/donald-trump-mark-esper-just-shoot-them

Esper claims that Trump asked him if the U.S. could “shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs,” then lie to its ally by pretending his administration was not behind the extrajudicial attack.

“They don’t have control of their own country,” Esper recalls Trump saying, according to a copy of the book obtained by the New York Times. When Esper pushed back, he says the president reiterated that “we could just shoot some Patriot missiles and take out the labs, quietly.” (Aside from the fact that Patriot missiles have 200-pound warheads and are hardly quiet, they are anti-air ballistics used on planes, not ground targets.) “No one would know it was us,” Trump added, according to Esper.

The book states that Trump also wished to put 10,000 active-duty troops on the streets in Washington, D.C., during the protests against police brutality in June 2020. “Can’t you just shoot them?”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/05/trump-asked-about-bombing-mexico-and-covering-it-up-report.html

He's everyone's crazy uncle who thinks the world problems are easy to solve but only they're smart enough to do it, and it always involves nukes or missiles or something militaristic. Anyone and everyone who voted for him thinks the same way.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4060 on: May 26, 2022, 09:40:54 pm »

More follow-up on the CoronaFest:

Trump reportedly mocked the idea of rescheduling his Tulsa campaign rally on Juneteenth: 'Have you ever heard of such a ridiculous thing?'

President Donald Trump privately mocked the idea of changing the date of his 2020 Tulsa campaign rally because it fell on Juneteenth, according to a forthcoming book by New York Times reporters Alexander Burns and Jonathan Martin that Insider obtained an advance copy of.

Eager to return to the campaign trail after months-long COVID-19 lockdowns, Trump was discussing his upcoming June 19 rally with his daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who were White House senior advisors at the time. They were at Trump's New Jersey Bedminster golf club with New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and his wife, Tammy, a week before the rally.

"'Can you imagine,' Trump asked the Murphys, 'changing the day of the rally in Oklahoma to accommodate these people? Have you ever heard of such a ridiculous thing?'" Burns and Martin wrote in their book "This Will Not Pass," which comes out Tuesday.

It had been less than a month since the police killing of George Floyd, and protests against police brutality and systemic racism had been taking place nationwide. Trump, already under criticism over his response to the racial justice protests, had sparked controversy when he announced his major campaign event would take place in Tulsa, the site of one of the worst massacres of African Americans in US history, and on Juneteenth, an annual celebration in the Black community that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States.

The anecdote was a "display of raw disdain for a population of Americans already in great pain after George Floyd's murder, and another sign that Donald Trump simply did not see himself as a president for everyone," the reporters wrote. 

Trump's office did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Trump eventually did change the date of the rally amid public pressure, though his public comments at the time contrasted with his private conversation with the Murphys and his family members. The rally was rescheduled, he wrote on Twitter, "out of respect" for Juneteenth.

"We had previously scheduled our #MAGA Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for June 19th – a big deal. Unfortunately, however, this would fall on the Juneteenth Holiday," Trump wrote in a tweet at the time.

"Many of my African American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date out of respect for this Holiday," he continued, adding that he moved the rally to June 20 "to honor their requests."

Trump later said in a Wall Street Journal interview that a Black Secret Service agent explained to him what Juneteenth was, and African American leaders told him that it was insensitive to host the rally on that day. The president then took credit for popularizing the holiday, and claimed it was not well known.

"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump told The Journal, referencing the news coverage around his rally date. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."

President Joe Biden made Juneteenth a federal holiday last year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-mocked-rescheduling-his-tulsa-campaign-rally-on-juneteenth-book-2022-4

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4061 on: May 26, 2022, 10:00:58 pm »

The Trump family has a history of racism going back almost 100 years. This is not shocking.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4062 on: June 13, 2022, 06:24:59 am »

The Trump family has a history of racism going back almost 100 years. This is not shocking.

Yup, ask Woody Guthrie.  He based part of a song he wrote on Trumps s*thead of a dad.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4063 on: August 11, 2022, 07:16:37 pm »

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.

Material about nuclear weapons is especially sensitive and usually restricted to a small number of government officials, experts said. Publicizing details about U.S. weapons could provide an intelligence road map to adversaries seeking to build ways of countering those systems. And other countries might view exposing their nuclear secrets as a threat, experts said.

“If that is true, it would suggest that material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level,” said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, which investigates leaks of classified information. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”

The investigation into the improper handling of documents began months ago, when the National Archives and Records Administration sought the return of material taken to Mar-a-Lago from the White House. Fifteen boxes of documents and items, some of them marked classified, were returned early this year. The archives subsequently asked the Justice Department to investigate.

Former senior intelligence officials said in interviews that during the Trump administration, highly classified intelligence about sensitive topics, including about intelligence-gathering on Iran, was routinely mishandled. One former official said the most highly classified information often ended up in the hands of personnel who didn’t appear to have a need to possesses it or weren’t authorized to read it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

NOW look who's saying "defund the police" ...
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fbi-dhs-warn-us-law-enforcement-threats-after-trump-search-2022-08-14/

Trump said the nuclear secrets must have been planted, but its OK since he declared them declassified.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 07:03:41 pm by patric » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4064 on: August 24, 2022, 06:32:03 pm »

William Barr.  The face of "bought and paid for" in the United States of America.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics/barr-mueller-report/index.html

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org