A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454878 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3990 on: December 18, 2019, 05:56:51 pm »

Seth Meyers tried to unpack Trump's wild claim that the impeachment "hoax" actually dates back to... before he even announced he was running.

"How would that work?" Meyers mused. "You think President Obama, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi were all in a secret room together saying, 'OK, you know that famously dumb game show host, the one that spends most of his time yelling at Meat Loaf? Well, he's about to ride an escalator to announce his campaign so here's our plan to bring him down: We're gonna win the popular vote by three million votes but then we'll lose the electoral college because, you know, it's a dumb, antiquated system, and then we're gonna wait three years until he calls the president of Ukraine and asks him to dig up dirt on Joe Biden, who will announce that he's running for president, and also Rudy Giuliani's gonna go on TV and confess to everything. That's the plan.'"

https://mashable.com/video/seth-meyers-trump-s-impeachment-conspiracy-logic/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3991 on: December 18, 2019, 10:24:00 pm »

Kevin Hern made a total laughingstock of himself and Oklahoma today.   Of course.   No less than would be expected.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3992 on: March 05, 2020, 10:49:51 am »

"This is a direct & dangerous threat to the U.S. Supreme Court by Schumer," Trump said. "If a Republican did this, he or she would be arrested, or impeached. Serious action MUST be taken NOW!"

“The United States Senator threatened the Supreme Court justices. Period. There’s no other way to interpret that,” McConnell said.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," Schumer said.

Trump, McConnell outraged at Schumer threatening SCOTUS with whirlwind.
House Speaker admonished that only the president can influence weather.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3993 on: March 12, 2020, 11:37:09 am »

"This is a direct & dangerous threat to the U.S. Supreme Court by Schumer," Trump said. "If a Republican did this, he or she would be arrested, or impeached. Serious action MUST be taken NOW!"

“The United States Senator threatened the Supreme Court justices. Period. There’s no other way to interpret that,” McConnell said.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," Schumer said.

Trump, McConnell outraged at Schumer threatening SCOTUS with whirlwind.
House Speaker admonished that only the president can influence weather.

Well, was it an F-0 whirlwind or F-5? That certainly makes a difference in how much of a threat that was.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3994 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:05 pm »

President Donald Trump said Friday that he instructed Vice President Mike Pence not to reach out to governors who aren't "appreciative" of his administration's efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus in their states.

The president's remarks came shortly after the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. topped 100,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The World Health Organization warned this week that the pandemic is accelerating around the world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-trump-told-pence-not-to-call-washington-michigan-governors.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3995 on: March 27, 2020, 07:56:27 pm »

President Donald Trump said Friday that he instructed Vice President Mike Pence not to reach out to governors who aren't "appreciative" of his administration's efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus in their states.

The president's remarks came shortly after the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. topped 100,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The World Health Organization warned this week that the pandemic is accelerating around the world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-trump-told-pence-not-to-call-washington-michigan-governors.html

Worst President ever.He cares only about his ego and nothing about people. Screw that guy.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3996 on: March 30, 2020, 05:14:55 pm »

Worst President ever.He cares only about his ego and nothing about people. Screw that guy.

Exactly what I have been saying.   He is beyond just worst - he is the most criminal one ever, too!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3997 on: April 15, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »

What your priorities are when you believe you have "absolute power"

Trump Cuts U.S. Funding to the World Health Organization During a Global Pandemic
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trump-cuts-world-health-organization-funding-in-a-pandemic

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3998 on: April 15, 2020, 03:32:27 pm »

What your priorities are when you believe you have "absolute power"

Trump Cuts U.S. Funding to the World Health Organization During a Global Pandemic
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trump-cuts-world-health-organization-funding-in-a-pandemic

Part of his campaign to point fingers and find somebody, anybody, to take the blame for his inaction.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3999 on: April 15, 2020, 10:21:09 pm »

Part of his campaign to point fingers and find somebody, anybody, to take the blame for his inaction.

But its  Grin OK:

“I’m sure people will be very happy to get a big, fat, beautiful check and my name on it.”
https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-claims-ignorance-of-how-his-signature-got-on-big-fat-beautiful-stimulus-checks-but-doesnt-object-im-satisfied-with-that/

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4000 on: April 17, 2020, 04:06:13 pm »

President Trump on Friday began openly fomenting right-wing protests of social distancing restrictions in states where groups of his conservative supporters have been violating stay-at-home orders, less than a day after announcing guidelines for how governors could decide on an orderly reopening of their communities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/us/coronavirus-cases-news-update.html

Because we learned nothing from Charlottesville.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:02:35 pm by patric » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4001 on: April 19, 2020, 11:44:52 am »

President Trump on Friday began openly fomenting right-wing protests of social distancing restrictions in states where groups of his conservative supporters have been violating stay-at-home orders, less than a day after announcing guidelines for how governors could decide on an orderly reopening of their communities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/us/coronavirus-cases-news-update.html

Because we learned nothing from Charlottesville.

Note the hypocrisy - how many of them are wearing masks!    If they believed in their "convictions" they would not wear them.   But it's Trump Minions, so....

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4002 on: June 02, 2020, 01:57:22 pm »

Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church

It was because the president, who spent part of the weekend in a secure bunker as protests roiled, wanted to have his picture taken holding a Bible at a battered church just beyond the gates.
“He did not pray,” said Mariann E. Budde, the Episcopal bishop of Washington

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/us/politics/trump-st-johns-church-bible.html

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4003 on: June 02, 2020, 04:31:54 pm »

Putin has got to be so pleased with his investment in a Trump presidency. He has destroyed this country.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4004 on: June 05, 2020, 07:50:10 pm »

Putin has got to be so pleased with his investment in a Trump presidency. He has destroyed this country.

Dallas Morning News reports that Trump had Barr bring in people (with no markings/insignia) from Texas prisons.  In particular, some from Beaumont, TX, where 5 employees have been tested positive for covid-19.  (Infection rates are high among inmates in prisons.)

So what Trump/Barr is doing is the 21st century version of sending smallpox blankets to the Native Americans.  Sending covid infected officers to DC - none of whom were wearing masks - to try to infect the crowds!  

Trumpers gotta be so proud!   They certainly have taken us back to the time when they thought America was great...  Genocide.  Lynchings.  Extermination.  Similar police brutalization against people.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2020/06/05/riot-forces-at-white-house-include-tactical-teams-wearing-insignia-from-texas-federal-prisons/

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org