A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454826 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3945 on: March 19, 2019, 05:23:56 pm »

Tulsa Air National Guard base construction project on chopping block to fund Trump's wall

Projects at three military facilities in Oklahoma could be cut to fund President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall after his national emergency declaration in February.
An $8 million small arms range at the Oklahoma Air National Guard base in Tulsa, a $16 million fire rescue center at Altus Air Base and a $7 million diesel system at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant face cuts as the Pentagon looks to fund the wall.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/tulsa-air-national-guard-base-construction-project-on-chopping-block/article_d01bbe21-4302-5fd2-81a1-63dcf0da24b4.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3946 on: March 25, 2019, 07:56:34 am »

Tulsa Air National Guard base construction project on chopping block to fund Trump's wall

Projects at three military facilities in Oklahoma could be cut to fund President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall after his national emergency declaration in February.
An $8 million small arms range at the Oklahoma Air National Guard base in Tulsa, a $16 million fire rescue center at Altus Air Base and a $7 million diesel system at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant face cuts as the Pentagon looks to fund the wall.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/tulsa-air-national-guard-base-construction-project-on-chopping-block/article_d01bbe21-4302-5fd2-81a1-63dcf0da24b4.html

Because as we all know, a Fake Wall is always more important than actually protecting the US....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3947 on: March 26, 2019, 09:24:59 am »

Support for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election was greatest in the counties with the highest rates of chronic prescription opioid use, according to a new study published this week in the journal JAMA.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-2016-election-opioid-painkiller-supporters-republican-prescription-study-a8413081.html

Association of Chronic Opioid Use With Presidential Voting Patterns in US Counties in 2016
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2685627

OxyContin maker Purdue reaches $270 million settlement in Oklahoma opioid case
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-opioids-litigation-idUSKCN1R70CH

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3948 on: April 08, 2019, 10:29:18 pm »

Trump security's' “preliminary forensic examination”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/secret-service-agent-infects-own-computer-with-mar-a-lago-malware-and-tech-community-snickers

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3949 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:24 pm »

Waters:  You may leave any time you wish.

Mnuchin:  I don't understand what you mean.

Repeated 3 times.

So the guy who is in charge of the US Treasury and all that entails is stumped by a sign on the wall that says;

EXIT

Bonus!   He says, aren't you supposed to hit the gravel against the desk thing...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3950 on: April 17, 2019, 06:04:09 pm »

Video from the London event, which was hosted by Stephen Colbert, shows Obama made the comment after Colbert said, “America is like a teenager.”

“We are a teenager, we talked about this, we’re like a teenage country,” Obama, 55, agreed.

“And we’re confused ’cause our body is changing,” joked Colbert, 54, prompting Obama’s reply:

“We’re changing all over the place. And we come from a broken family. We’re a teenager, where we’re a little unsettled and having good parents is tough. Sometimes you spend weekends with divorced dad and that feels like it’s fun but then you get sick — that’s what America’s going through. We’re kind of living with divorced dad right now.”

https://people.com/politics/michelle-obama-compares-donald-trump-presidency-divorced-dad/

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #3951 on: April 17, 2019, 06:51:33 pm »

Video from the London event, which was hosted by Stephen Colbert, shows Obama made the comment after Colbert said, “America is like a teenager.”

“We are a teenager, we talked about this, we’re like a teenage country,” Obama, 55, agreed.

“And we’re confused ’cause our body is changing,” joked Colbert, 54, prompting Obama’s reply:

“We’re changing all over the place. And we come from a broken family. We’re a teenager, where we’re a little unsettled and having good parents is tough. Sometimes you spend weekends with divorced dad and that feels like it’s fun but then you get sick — that’s what America’s going through. We’re kind of living with divorced dad right now.”

https://people.com/politics/michelle-obama-compares-donald-trump-presidency-divorced-dad/

I love Michele Obama but I really hate that she said that.  That trope needs to die.  I'm a divorced dad that that tries my damnedest. I don't need the additional societal expectation that I just don't care what my kids do.  The comparison doesn't even make sense.  Trump is more like Uncle Touchy's puzzle basement.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3952 on: April 18, 2019, 10:33:59 am »

Trump is more like Uncle Touchy's puzzle basement.

That's a win
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3953 on: April 18, 2019, 12:31:23 pm »

That's a win
+

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/04/mueller-report-searchable-pdf.html

Pee-pee tape is a footnote.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3954 on: April 18, 2019, 05:26:23 pm »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1118878411378831362

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3955 on: April 18, 2019, 07:32:58 pm »

Summary - almost 'verbatim' (?);

Justice department rules will not allow us (the Mueller report group) to say the President committed crimes. But rules DO allow us to tell you if he did NOT commit crimes. We are NOT saying that.

From the "law and order" right wing extremist base....<crickets>.    Of course...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:25:23 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3956 on: April 18, 2019, 08:24:36 pm »

I know you don't really have much concern about the rule of law where Trump is involved...this is for everyone else...

Literal Trump quote - when told a special prosecutor had been appointed - with my own editing to keep it clean:

“Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f***ed.”

There are two "worst case" scenarios that could happen to this country right now;  Trump resigns.  Or Trump is impeached.  Either way, Pence is President and pardons Trump of everything Federal.  State of New York will still nail him, but it would be a travesty of justice for the Feds to miss the opportunity to try him in Federal court.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3957 on: April 18, 2019, 09:19:10 pm »

“Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f***ed.”

There are two "worst case" scenarios that could happen to this country right now;  Trump resigns.  Or Trump is impeached.  Either way, Pence is President and pardons Trump of everything Federal.  State of New York will still nail him, but it would be a travesty of justice for the Feds to miss the opportunity to try him in Federal court.

It has not been the end of his presidency, but it has come to consume it. Although the resulting two-year investigation ended without charges against Mr. Trump, Mr. Mueller’s report painted a damning portrait of a White House dominated by a president desperate to thwart the inquiry only to be restrained by aides equally desperate to thwart his orders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/us/politics/white-house-mueller-report.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3958 on: May 07, 2019, 10:34:07 am »

Don’t be surprised when Donald Trump pardons war criminals
https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/don-t-be-surprised-when-donald-trump-pardons-war-criminals-26460

Trump Pardons Former Soldier Who Murdered an Unarmed Iraqi
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-05-07/trump-pardons-former-soldier-convicted-of-murdering-an-unarmed-iraqi

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3959 on: May 07, 2019, 03:20:48 pm »

It has not been the end of his presidency, but it has come to consume it. Although the resulting two-year investigation ended without charges against Mr. Trump, Mr. Mueller’s report painted a damning portrait of a White House dominated by a president desperate to thwart the inquiry only to be restrained by aides equally desperate to thwart his orders.

And at least 12 incidents of obstruction of justice.

Rule of Law has now been shown to be the farce poor people have known about for a long, long time.  And so far every single Republican is complicit with the criminal activity outlined in a wide variety of venues.  Every  Single  One.

Having said that, I hope they are not stupid enough to try to impeach.  Set our sights on the next election and get him out.  If he were impeached, Pence would take over and immediately pardon him.  Or if Trump did resign, same thing.  Then he skates scott free....   Well, except for New York State AG.

That would be the worst possible scenario.  Worse than another couple years...

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:23:24 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org