A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454948 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3915 on: January 31, 2019, 03:27:46 pm »

I think they would have problems - on a slower timescale - anyway.  Us old people like them, but of the 18 -20 millenials and younger in family/friend circle, none have shown interest in a Harley beyond saying, "Cool.!!" when looking at or talking about mine... Only one of the kids (GenX?) has shown any interest in actually owning it.

They may be headed back to the point they were when I bought mine - building about 20,000 a year.  That would put them out of business today, I think.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3916 on: February 06, 2019, 03:01:01 pm »

Look at me, Damien. It's all for you!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3917 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:03 pm »

not sure if shopped to highlight capitol dome
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3918 on: February 07, 2019, 12:40:38 am »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3919 on: February 07, 2019, 12:41:29 am »

Not a fan of polls, but these are freakin hilarious.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:58:36 am by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3920 on: February 07, 2019, 09:15:59 am »

Not a fan of polls, but these are freakin hilarious.

Now if the country could get him to DO something decent instead of just talking/making noise....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3921 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:18 am »

"She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap.”

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3922 on: February 07, 2019, 01:04:42 pm »

Now if the country could get him to DO something decent instead of just talking/making noise....

By the end of the week he will have forgotten the entire speech.

Polls from CNN and CBS News conducted shortly after the big address found that viewers generally approved of what the president had to say. That makes sense, because generally, a greater proportion of people who watch the State of the Union address tend to be from the president’s party. In other words, of course Republican viewers thought Trump did a good job.
https://www.vox.com/2019/2/6/18213682/state-of-the-union-approval-ratings-polls

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3923 on: February 07, 2019, 03:47:35 pm »

I thought he did quite well, speaking in clear, coherent sentences while reading off a teleprompter. Refresh my memory, but didn't he criticize Obama for doing that very thing? No matter. After calling for cooperation and bipartisanshipfulness on Tuesday, by Thursday he's back to ranting on Twitter.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3924 on: February 07, 2019, 05:02:46 pm »

“Weaponizing our nation’s tax code by targeting political foes only serves to weaken our system of government, not strengthen it,” Brady and Neal wrote.

You mean like the Republicans used that power to "oversee Barack Obama’s administration"?   

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/republicans-ask-democrats-please-leave-194654240.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3925 on: February 07, 2019, 05:21:32 pm »

Here's an 'implication'...

Middle class believed the Trump Minion lies and thought they were gonna get a tax cut...instead, 1984 reality ensues...  May not want to wait until April to do taxes this year - may get a nasty surprise!!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/middle-class-dad-freak-trump-211032057.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3926 on: February 07, 2019, 09:13:54 pm »

Watching tv and saw something that raised the question;  Are blackmail and extortion legal when the President wants them to be?   Or are Pecker and his Minions in for some kind of surprise??

Also,...so glad you found that walrus gif - that is fantastic!   Gonna be able to use that a lot, I bet!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3927 on: February 08, 2019, 12:32:03 am »

Here's an 'implication'...

Middle class believed the Trump Minion lies and thought they were gonna get a tax cut...instead, 1984 reality ensues...  May not want to wait until April to do taxes this year - may get a nasty surprise!!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/middle-class-dad-freak-trump-211032057.html

Were blacks and the middle class really lifted up by his predecessor?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3928 on: February 08, 2019, 08:26:58 am »

Were blacks and the middle class really lifted up by his predecessor?

Maybe you didn't see it, but yeah, many more were than in the last 2 years.  We will see what happens in the next couple of years.  And the lower economic steps did better than this!   Plus we actually got the tax cut in 2009 that Trump promised and, of course, did not deliver.

Obama messed up in one HUGE way - he didn't let the Bush tax cuts expire when they should have.  Even so, he got us to the biggest reductions in deficit that we have ever seen in the history of the country.  Not a little thing at all.  And since Trump's vow to undo everything Obama did, those reductions are long gone in our near trillion dollar deficits.  Again.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3929 on: February 08, 2019, 08:20:25 pm »

Trump even has his doctors lying for him now....geez...!

He weighs only 239 lbs like I only weigh 155 lbs.  Or 45 lbs difference...   Lol, lol, lol...!!   

I get that he feels the need to not feel obese so Minions won't "fear for his health"...but really... 239 lbs??   Can't even get close to reality??

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org