A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:40:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454797 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3900 on: January 22, 2019, 10:52:55 am »

The other side of the narrative is that the Covington group was where the boys were supposed to meet their buses when they encountered the racist, bigoted Black Hebrew Israelites.  They attended the rally and allegedly went to do some sight-seeing and where they were to meet their bus ended up with the Black Hebrew Israelites screaming racial and gay epithets at them.  And, according to accounts, they did have adult chaperones with them.

The BHI are fairly well-known as crazy antagonists.  Phillips' guys went in with their own phone cameras rolling, you really think they weren't looking for conflict?  Walking up to someone and banging a drum in their face might be seen as a pretty provocative move.  If Phillips was truly concerned for the well-being of the youth, why didn't he just walk up and say: "Don't pay attention to these crazy a$$holes, young men!"

I put very little weight on anything out of Yahoo's realm anymore, it has a decided left lean.  

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/21/687134573/differing-narratives-after-standoff-between-native-american-man-high-school-stud

Put yourself in these kids shoes being 16 or 17 and being called "faggots", "incest babies", and other things and I don't know that I would have remained as relatively calm as they did.

Sorry, this is a pretty clear case of the media constructing a story with the facts they wanted to use instead of reporting all the facts.  And to be perfectly honest, my first reaction seeing the photos of the smirking young man was what a disrespectful little prick he was.

If anything, these boys were incredibly naive wearing their MAGA caps around DC, not something I think I'd do if I didn't want to get picked on.

Could be.  I am betting there will be a lot more to this stuff.

MAGA hats pretty well set a tone, too, though.  As in exactly what Trump has been advocating and calling for from his Minions for several years now - in pretty much every event - calling for violence against dissent.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3901 on: January 22, 2019, 02:35:59 pm »

Here is some more...apparently the Covington boys like to dress up in 'blackface'....

Doesn't really seem consistent with MAGA boys just wanting to "defuse" the situation like they are now claiming through their PR firm.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/covington-catholic-students-blackface-underline-184436976.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3902 on: January 22, 2019, 03:25:55 pm »

Here is some more...apparently the Covington boys like to dress up in 'blackface'....

Doesn't really seem consistent with MAGA boys just wanting to "defuse" the situation like they are now claiming through their PR firm.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/covington-catholic-students-blackface-underline-184436976.html

Again...Yahoo.

Let's ignore the facts surrounding this and sully the young men by focusing on the alleged sins of those who went to Covington before them.  No one seems to have added the additional context that Covington students and fans frequently used color themes at games with other colors.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/video-of-covington-catholic-students-seemingly-in-black-face-sparks-controversy-2019-1

For what it's worth, I was part of the time-honored tradition of many schools who had cheering sections that sometimes went pretty tacky.  At Cascia, we called ourselves the "Verbal Abuse Squad".  I shudder now to think of stupid smile we said during basketball games at schools like Bristow or Mannford and chanting: "We got money, yes we do! We got money, how about you?!?"...and probably much worse.  Heckling has been around as long as sports itself.

Everyone wants to be critical of a group of probably 15-18 year old boys, but no one seems to care that Nathan Phillips' group is old enough to know better unless they were looking for confrontation.  Same with the bigoted, homophobic, racist Black Hebrew Israelites.  They are old enough to know better.  Sane enough?  Doesn't appear so.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3903 on: January 22, 2019, 04:56:06 pm »

Again...Yahoo.

Let's ignore the facts surrounding this and sully the young men by focusing on the alleged sins of those who went to Covington before them.  No one seems to have added the additional context that Covington students and fans frequently used color themes at games with other colors.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/video-of-covington-catholic-students-seemingly-in-black-face-sparks-controversy-2019-1

For what it's worth, I was part of the time-honored tradition of many schools who had cheering sections that sometimes went pretty tacky.  At Cascia, we called ourselves the "Verbal Abuse Squad".  I shudder now to think of stupid smile we said during basketball games at schools like Bristow or Mannford and chanting: "We got money, yes we do! We got money, how about you?!?"...and probably much worse.  Heckling has been around as long as sports itself.

Everyone wants to be critical of a group of probably 15-18 year old boys, but no one seems to care that Nathan Phillips' group is old enough to know better unless they were looking for confrontation.  Same with the bigoted, homophobic, racist Black Hebrew Israelites.  They are old enough to know better.  Sane enough?  Doesn't appear so.

Yahoo, Shmahoo...doesn't matter where it comes from if it is true.  This actually sourced from Huffington Post - not Yahoo.

And blackface pics of Covington are still blackface pics no matter who shows them.   Don't go all deflectionist on us now...!

BHI - well we know where they are coming from.  Now we also know where MAGA Boys are coming from.  Well, except the hats told us a lot to start with...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3904 on: January 22, 2019, 06:12:46 pm »

Again...Yahoo.

You should have come to hockey games in the late nineties at the CC.  There was a group of about five of us who regularly pushed the limits of decency, but we were never told to tone it down.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3905 on: January 22, 2019, 07:40:49 pm »

Yahoo, Shmahoo...doesn't matter where it comes from if it is true.  This actually sourced from Huffington Post - not Yahoo.

And blackface pics of Covington are still blackface pics no matter who shows them.   Don't go all deflectionist on us now...!

BHI - well we know where they are coming from.  Now we also know where MAGA Boys are coming from.  Well, except the hats told us a lot to start with...

Seriously, do your research, don't be a sheeple of the lazy media.  It wasn't "blackface".  Some fans taking wearing all black to the extreme.  Same thing they did when the theme was a white out at games.

And a very good op-ed piece out of the Chicago Trib about young people and blissful ignorance.  Essentially mirroring what I've been saying about their worst sin was the naiveté in wearing MAGA hats around DC that day.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-chapman-covington-maga-trump-native-american-20190122-story.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3906 on: January 22, 2019, 07:42:06 pm »

You should have come to hockey games in the late nineties at the CC.  There was a group of about five of us who regularly pushed the limits of decency, but we were never told to tone it down.

I think I was at a game or two where you goons were going pretty heavy.  Wink

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3907 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:26 pm »

How the video confrontation between Catholic students and a Native American elder blew up

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/us/lincoln-memorial-rally-video-viral-trnd/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3908 on: January 22, 2019, 09:59:50 pm »

“Are you Hillary or are you Trump?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/would-you-like-to-speak-to-the-president/2019/01/19/bcde9398-1bd7-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3909 on: January 23, 2019, 08:43:35 am »

Seriously, do your research, don't be a sheeple of the lazy media.  It wasn't "blackface".  Some fans taking wearing all black to the extreme.  Same thing they did when the theme was a white out at games.

And a very good op-ed piece out of the Chicago Trib about young people and blissful ignorance.  Essentially mirroring what I've been saying about their worst sin was the naiveté in wearing MAGA hats around DC that day.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-chapman-covington-maga-trump-native-american-20190122-story.html

Like I said earlier, "Could be..."   One can only hope they will pull their heads out of that brown Trump world view.

Kinda sets a tone when you are harassing the opponent with racial slurs while wearing that "all black", though.  Wonder if they slurred the opponent calling them "whitey" or "cracker" while painted white??   I bet I know what they said when painted red...  Or yellow.  Wonder who they could slur when painted green??

Naivete' wearing MAGA hats... no.  They knew exactly what they were doing.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3910 on: January 23, 2019, 09:43:33 am »

How the video confrontation between Catholic students and a Native American elder blew up

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/us/lincoln-memorial-rally-video-viral-trnd/index.html

So essentially, a "bad actor" which could have been from a foreign country and having a fake account that appears to promulgate incendiary propaganda (and doesn't care what side it incites, I read an article that had more info than this one ) took a video and gave it a fake title "This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protestor at the Indigenous People's March," which the original video did not have, in order to make it sound shocking... then went viral.

For all we know could have been the Russians playing their game in order to get people riled up and distracted.

Speaking of distracted.  Need to get back to work and try to make a difference by helping people be better people. 

If we don't like the stupid decisions people are making, the best way to resolve that IMHO is to.... help people be better people with good life habits and life skills, who can then make good decisions. 

Hope everyone else manages to take a little time here and there to do something worthwhile like that as well. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3911 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:16 pm »

Fake Fox News Projection Event in place, winding up, and going to town....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaugh-rants-alexandria-ocasio-081059679.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3912 on: January 31, 2019, 08:39:24 am »

Well, that changes everything!!  I guess since God wanted it, we will just have to deal with it, huh?  Glad that is cleared up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/god-apos-wanted-donald-trump-004326950.html

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3913 on: January 31, 2019, 09:05:16 am »

God needed help from the Russians.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3914 on: January 31, 2019, 10:55:51 am »

God needed help from the Russians.

Harley-Davidson Profit Is Wiped Out by President Trump’s Tariffs
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-29/harley-profit-wiped-out-by-tariffs-as-sales-continue-slumping

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org