A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:27:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455556 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3855 on: December 07, 2018, 12:19:12 pm »

Backlash as federal workers warned not to discuss Trump impeachment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/06/federal-workers-warned-not-to-discuss-trump-impeachment-backlash

President Trump will not be impeached, much less removed from office.”
“I can’t wait to vote for him again.”

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article222741060.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3856 on: December 07, 2018, 12:29:22 pm »

Backlash as federal workers warned not to discuss Trump impeachment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/06/federal-workers-warned-not-to-discuss-trump-impeachment-backlash

President Trump will not be impeached, much less removed from office.”
“I can’t wait to vote for him again.”

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article222741060.html

Just like Germany in the 30's.

For people spewing so many lies about respecting the constitution, they sure are working hard to obstruct it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3857 on: December 17, 2018, 11:14:39 pm »

Trump says he would work with Democrats on 'great' replacement if Obamacare is scrapped
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/17/trump-obamacare-replacement-congress-democrats-1067111

But the GOP have had ten years to work on one,
and it will take a lot more than another crooked Texas judge to convince millions to give up their healthcare.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3858 on: December 18, 2018, 04:45:08 pm »

Trump says he would work with Democrats on 'great' replacement if Obamacare is scrapped
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/17/trump-obamacare-replacement-congress-democrats-1067111

But the GOP have had ten years to work on one,
and it will take a lot more than another crooked Texas judge to convince millions to give up their healthcare.

This BS will likely die at the next level - the so-called "plaintiffs" have no 'standing' to sue.

Plus, the Supreme Court already ruled it Constitutional.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3859 on: December 20, 2018, 01:07:50 pm »

Ann Coulter: "Trump will just have been a joke presidency who scammed the American people, amused the populists for a while, but he'll have no legacy whatsoever."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/politics/donald-trump-border-wall-funding/index.html

“Why would you (vote for him again)?” the provocative author and columnist asked. “To make sure, I don’t know, Ivanka (Trump) and Jared (Kushner) can make money? That seems to be the main point of the presidency at this point.”

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3860 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:14 pm »

What would YOU call it when someone - maybe a Wikileaks, or Snowden, or maybe a Trump... - were to disclose top secret information about the location of a strategic combat unit while in the field of operations during war time??   If you guessed our Russian Agent in Chief, you would be right!!   Apologists and Fellow Travelers will no doubt concoct myriad excuses for this, too!   

And I bet none will decry or call him out on it, either...here or elsewhere!

"If the President does it, it's not a crime...!"   --Richard Nixon.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-video-secretive-seal-team-iraq-161442509.html

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #3861 on: December 27, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »

"If the President does it, it's not a crime...!"   --Richard Nixon.

I saw "Vice" at the Circle yesterday.  Very good movie with a good explanation of how the Unitary Executive Theory came to be vogue in the era of Nixon, Bush and Cheney.  It's only rated 64% Rotten Tomatoes, but it kept my attention.  Liz Cheney didn't think it was very good...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3862 on: December 27, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »

I saw "Vice" at the Circle yesterday.  Very good movie with a good explanation of how the Unitary Executive Theory came to be vogue in the era of Nixon, Bush and Cheney.  It's only rated 64% Rotten Tomatoes, but it kept my attention.  Liz Cheney didn't think it was very good...

UET is an interesting topic.  I have pondered the idea that since the Senate is charged with the requirement to 'advise and consent' - it could be interpreted as requiring it at both ends of an appointment - when the President wants to hire and when he wants to fire.

Probably won't go see Vice.  If it slams Cheney, then I have already lived through his BS and know what a slimeball he is.  If it glorifies him, then I know about the movie makers and what they are.  Not much value either way.  As for Liz, well she will always be daddy's little girl, so her opinion is worthless...since she didn't like it, the movie must show him in a realistic, truthful light - as what he is...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3863 on: December 27, 2018, 09:47:56 pm »

Interesting how Trump is keeping the government shutdown in order to break a campaign promise he made!!   The one where he promised Mexico would pay for the wall...

I bet Minions don't even understand this fact.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3864 on: December 28, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »

Interesting how Trump is keeping the government shutdown in order to break a campaign promise he made!!   The one where he promised Mexico would pay for the wall...

I bet Minions don't even understand this fact.

What I truly do not understand is why anyone would believe or support him. First, he said that the furloughed government workers agreed that his wall was necessary. A day later, he said all those workers were likely Democrats. He initially accepted responsibility for the government shutdown, then within days, blamed Democrats (as if we didn't know THAT would happen.)

He had an agreement in hand back in the summer. It offered border funding and included immigration reforms that upset Fox News. Trump reneged on it within days.

Why would any person or any country believe or trust this man? He shows that our country will not honor its commitments whether that's a trade deal, military support, or basic humanitarian ideals.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3865 on: December 28, 2018, 03:19:26 pm »

What I truly do not understand is why anyone would believe or support him. First, he said that the furloughed government workers agreed that his wall was necessary. A day later, he said all those workers were likely Democrats. He initially accepted responsibility for the government shutdown, then within days, blamed Democrats (as if we didn't know THAT would happen.)

He had an agreement in hand back in the summer. It offered border funding and included immigration reforms that upset Fox News. Trump reneged on it within days.

Why would any person or any country believe or trust this man? He shows that our country will not honor its commitments whether that's a trade deal, military support, or basic humanitarian ideals.

The GOP holds their breath and smiles because they got back in power, everyone else is a bit of a mystery.

Right now its apparent all that matters to Trump is a monument in his name. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3866 on: December 28, 2018, 04:53:56 pm »

Trump has said on the record that a President who has a shutdown should be fired...

Well, that reason alone is not sufficient, but with all the other lies and slimy stuff he has done, one should be.   

But the important thing is that Trump and his family - on the payroll and getting paid - get to have their vacation - with Secret Service by people who are NOT being paid!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/don-lemon-says-trump-apos-161509778.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3867 on: December 28, 2018, 08:48:33 pm »

Wow!!   How cool would that be - to own your very own Supreme Court so you could have them stop any investigations you don't like without having to lift a finger and expose yourself to obstruction of justice!  Let them do it for you!  I wanna be Trump now...!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3868 on: January 01, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »

Nothin's gonna happen till I get my face on Mount Rushmore  WALL.

President Donald Trump rung in the new year Tuesday morning with a word of advice for Americans: "Just calm down and enjoy the ride."

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3869 on: January 02, 2019, 08:37:40 pm »

Putin has a Marine arrested and Trump is just sitting on his Twitter saying sit back and enjoy the ride!   Exactly what we have come to expect from Trump Russian Fellow Traveler.

Mewling sounds from Pompeo about getting to the bottom of it....  the trade is probably already 'fixed' for the woman Russian spy who plead guilty recently.  Getting flashbacks to Iran/Contra.....

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org