A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455151 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3780 on: September 15, 2018, 01:47:44 pm »

Didn't LBJ try that to pay for the war in Vietnam, causing hyper inflation in the early 70s? I think interest rates were nearly 20% when Nixon  enacted wage and price controls. Imagine a Republican even proposing that now.

Mortgage interest rates started hitting double digits in November 1978 hit a high of 18.45% September of 1981 and did not drop below 9.0% until October 1991. There were a few times it dropped briefly into the mid 9's, and I can remember family members buying homes that had good credit around 1980 and they wound up with variable interest rates that would change during the course of a year.

http://www.fedprimerate.com/mortgage_rates.htm
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3781 on: September 15, 2018, 09:50:52 pm »

Didn't LBJ try that to pay for the war in Vietnam, causing hyper inflation in the early 70s? I think interest rates were nearly 20% when Nixon  enacted wage and price controls. Imagine a Republican even proposing that now.

Nixon put in wage and price controls in early 70's due to a "huge" inflation rate that got to 6%.   As always with Republican fiscal policy, wrong response.  Set the stage for the inflation and high interest rates that followed soon after - during Ford's administration.   Jimmy Carter got the blame for the BS caused by Nixon.  And no, Reagan did not fix the problem - his "solution" to high inflation - change the way it is calculated, then looks better almost instantly.

Perspective and lost history.   To go with this, saw where Texas is gonna take Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller out of their history lessons going forward.  Sounds about right...what I would expect from the "Ted Cruz State".!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3782 on: September 15, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »

So Mannafort got convicted on 8 counts in state court in spite of having a Trump Minion on his side on the jury - no telling why she had at least one tiny moment of honesty at that point in time.  When that trial was over, she was back to bragging about what a good little Minion she is!

Today - Mannafort pleads guilty to 2 Federal counts and all 10 of the other state counts and promises to help investigators in all matters.  No more Minion opportunities to give him an acquittal on these.

Now all we gotta see is just exactly how corrupt this Congress is - as if we didn't already know with people like Inhofe and Cruz and Tom Cole - when they don't do anything against Trump for his most recent crimes of obstruction of justice.   After the next round of pardons for Mannafort sometime soon....

Intellectually dishonest.  Morally bankrupt.  Trump Minion time in America.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3783 on: September 17, 2018, 06:02:00 pm »

So Kavanaugh and his buddy are child molesters, too! Well, at least they are all gathering in one place so we can keep an eye on them! 

Let the victim blaming begin.!!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3784 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:39 am »

So how far are we going to go to defend Israel now?

Syrian Missile Downs Russian Military Jet Over The Mediterranean, Killing All 15 On Board
Russia blamed Israel for the crash, saying the plane was caught in the crossfire as four Israeli fighters attacked targets in northwestern Syria.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russian-military-jet-disappears_us_5ba0a49ce4b046313fbed06f

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3785 on: September 19, 2018, 02:10:11 pm »

Ted Cruz's wife is a vegetarian from California.

Ted Cruz claims Beto wants to turn Texas into a tofu eating California.

Is Ted insulting his wife or does Ted have a crush on Beto?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3786 on: September 21, 2018, 05:58:06 pm »

Black man is killed, they tell us all the bad things he used to be.

White man rapes, they tell us all the great things he could become.

- Omari Newton

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3787 on: September 21, 2018, 06:04:12 pm »

Why, yes!!   Of course... it HAD to be an evil twin that raped that girl..!!   Could never have been Kavanaugh..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defense-kavanaugh-turns-theory-evil-lookalike-collapsing-ridicule-154852188.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3788 on: September 24, 2018, 02:33:14 pm »

Trump's Russia connections at it again...another Novichok moment I suspect.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dem-house-candidate-in-florida-dies/ar-AAAAW1x?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3789 on: September 24, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »

Trump completed the first trade deal of his Presidency!!   With South Korea.  One that had been in place since 2012....

Thanks again, Obama!  For doing something good for the people and economy of the US!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3790 on: September 24, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »

Kavanaugh and Judge 'pulling a train'...  That's gang rape for the apologists and rationalizers.

What is the RWRE rationalization now?   "Well, he's no worse than Trump..."

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3791 on: September 25, 2018, 10:51:10 am »

Most of the world 'gets' it....even if 40% of Americans can buy a clue...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-touts-achievements-u-n-laughs-153255266.html

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3792 on: September 25, 2018, 01:24:44 pm »

Most of the world 'gets' it....even if 40% of Americans can buy a clue...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/498008486551506945
We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World. We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!

Donald J Trump - 2:30 AM - Aug 9, 2014
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3793 on: September 25, 2018, 05:15:33 pm »

Like alot of his tweets, this one didn't age well.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3794 on: September 25, 2018, 10:11:25 pm »

Like alot of his tweets, this one didn't age well.

I smell vinegar.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org