A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:34:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455479 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3765 on: September 05, 2018, 04:12:23 pm »

The NYT Op-ed is basically a senior WH official admitting they've staged a coup "for the good of the country" because Trump is insane. Cowards. Say this publicly, invoke the 25th and get Pence to do your dirty tax cuts.

Pence is as Orwellian as they come, we just dont hear it over the noise of Trump.

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3766 on: September 05, 2018, 05:54:43 pm »

Pence is as Orwellian as they come, we just dont hear it over the noise of Trump.

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

There's noise on the internet that Pence may have written that. The writer at the very least used the little used term "lodestar", which has been found in many Pence speeches going back to at least 2001. The writer either is Pence or he used that term to deflect suspicion from himself by using it.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3767 on: September 05, 2018, 06:55:26 pm »

If Woodward's account is true, we already have a palace coup underway in the White House. That may be unlawful while being in the best interests of our country. Time will tell and history will judge the Trump administration.

This same sort of thing supposedly happened in the last couple of years of Reagan.  His dementia was getting worse, and the white house was basically running by proxy.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3768 on: September 06, 2018, 10:25:58 am »

This same sort of thing supposedly happened in the last couple of years of Reagan.  His dementia was getting worse, and the white house was basically running by proxy.

The difference being Reagan hadnt already lost it to this extent at the campaign stage.

“There’s a secret group of people within the White House actively working to curb President Trump, which is wild, because this means this whole time we’ve been dealing with the watered-down version of Trump,” Noah quipped.
“You’re telling me that this is the better version?” he added. “Like I thought this was the peak of crazy, this is Diet Trump?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQE6JnNoqM

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3769 on: September 07, 2018, 01:50:52 pm »

I knew it was like this way before we had the video evidence.....

Trump supporter - in the prime seat section right behind the Pedophile in Chief - blows her nose on the flag of the United States of America!!

Well, at least she didn't take a knee in protest...that's gotta be better, right..??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3770 on: September 07, 2018, 03:22:33 pm »

I knew it was like this way before we had the video evidence.....

Trump supporter - in the prime seat section right behind the Pedophile in Chief - blows her nose on the flag of the United States of America!!

Well, at least she didn't take a knee in protest...that's gotta be better, right..??

Where did you see this?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3771 on: September 07, 2018, 03:50:33 pm »

Where did you see this?

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1038125435836674049

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3772 on: September 07, 2018, 04:12:27 pm »

Has Trump tweeted about this yet?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3773 on: September 07, 2018, 09:58:06 pm »

Where did you see this?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4748047/patriot-wiping-nose-american-flag

No surprise there.  Those people are not just wiping the nose with the flag, but their backsides with the entire ideal and implementation of the United States of America.

In fairness, 'Snowflake' may not be at fault, seeing how she was raised by animals!

Oh, wait...I shouldn't insult animals that badly - they never did anything to deserve that strong a reprobation!

Apparently Plaid Boy on the left got kicked out for making faces...haven't had the chance to watch that yet.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:59:48 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3774 on: September 08, 2018, 07:14:02 am »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4748047/patriot-wiping-nose-american-flag

No surprise there.  Those people are not just wiping the nose with the flag, but their backsides with the entire ideal and implementation of the United States of America.

In fairness, 'Snowflake' may not be at fault, seeing how she was raised by animals!

Oh, wait...I shouldn't insult animals that badly - they never did anything to deserve that strong a reprobation!

Apparently Plaid Boy on the left got kicked out for making faces...haven't had the chance to watch that yet.

I think Don Lemon interviewed him last night.  If I was reading correctly he was just seventeen years old?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3775 on: September 12, 2018, 10:10:22 am »

Newly revealed documents show the Trump administration took nearly $10 million away from FEMA and other federal agencies to apparently pay for immigration detention centers. A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security, the agency which FEMA is a part of, said under no circumstances was any disaster relief funding transferred from FEMA to immigration enforcement efforts.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-redirected-nearly-10-million-fema-funds-immigration-customs-enforcement/

...but we did such a great job in Puerto Rico.

Trump falsely claims nearly 3,000 Americans in Puerto Rico 'did not die'
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/trump-puerto-rico-death-toll/index.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:01:12 am by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3776 on: September 14, 2018, 02:19:45 pm »

Trump wanted to print money to repay the national debt
https://qz.com/1387565/trump-told-gary-cohn-to-print-money-to-repay-the-national-debt-thats-bananas/

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3777 on: September 14, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3778 on: September 15, 2018, 09:49:30 am »

Didn't LBJ try that to pay for the war in Vietnam, causing hyper inflation in the early 70s? I think interest rates were nearly 20% when Nixon  enacted wage and price controls. Imagine a Republican even proposing that now.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3779 on: September 15, 2018, 12:19:58 pm »

Didn't LBJ try that to pay for the war in Vietnam, causing hyper inflation in the early 70s? I think interest rates were nearly 20% when Nixon  enacted wage and price controls. Imagine a Republican even proposing that now.
I remember high interest rates in the late 70's and left over into the early 80s.  I felt lucky to get a 13% car loan at the Credit Union.  But... I was also getting double digit interest on my CDs after I got enough money to buy some. 

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org