A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455165 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3570 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:17 am »

President Donald Trump Monday slammed a New York Times article about U.S. opposition to a World Health Assembly resolution encouraging breastfeeding.

Calling the story “fake news,” he tweeted, “The U.S. strongly supports breast feeding but we don’t believe women should be denied access to formula. Many women need this option because of malnutrition and poverty.”

The president’s tweet seems to mischaracterize the resolution, which was introduced in May and sought to encourage member nations to support breastfeeding.
The resolution spoke to the health benefits of breastfeeding and included ways that member nations can support mothers who want to breastfeed.
It did not encourage them to limit access to formula.

The New York Times reported Sunday that the United States “upended deliberations” by arguing in the interest of infant formula manufacturers. The Times also reported that the United States threatened Ecuador, which was planning to introduce the measure, with trade sanctions and the removal of military aid.

In the face of the reported threat, Ecuador dropped the resolution. It was eventually sponsored by Russia, which, the Times reported, did not receive similar opposition from the United States.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-responds-york-times-article-us-opposition/story?id=56467569

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3571 on: July 10, 2018, 09:16:15 am »

President Donald Trump Monday slammed a New York Times article about U.S. opposition to a World Health Assembly resolution encouraging breastfeeding.

Calling the story “fake news,” he tweeted, “The U.S. strongly supports breast feeding but we don’t believe women should be denied access to formula. Many women need this option because of malnutrition and poverty.”

The president’s tweet seems to mischaracterize the resolution, which was introduced in May and sought to encourage member nations to support breastfeeding.
The resolution spoke to the health benefits of breastfeeding and included ways that member nations can support mothers who want to breastfeed.
It did not encourage them to limit access to formula.

The New York Times reported Sunday that the United States “upended deliberations” by arguing in the interest of infant formula manufacturers. The Times also reported that the United States threatened Ecuador, which was planning to introduce the measure, with trade sanctions and the removal of military aid.

In the face of the reported threat, Ecuador dropped the resolution. It was eventually sponsored by Russia, which, the Times reported, did not receive similar opposition from the United States.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-responds-york-times-article-us-opposition/story?id=56467569

Of course.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3572 on: July 10, 2018, 09:40:53 am »

Trump pardons arsonists

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna880741

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3573 on: July 10, 2018, 10:16:45 am »

"Some ranchers have protested federal ownership and control of lands in the West as federal overreach, and Trump's pardon is a sympathetic nod to those who share that view."

...which will eventually put Rump at odds with his police force who killed a protester.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2018/01/27/family-of-rancher-killed-in-bundy-standoff-sues-the-us-oregon-police/

His convenient duplicity is just astounding.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3574 on: July 11, 2018, 12:08:43 pm »

The moral compass of the Swamp Dwellers running this regime is strictly one of moral depravity.  I bet they believe the verbal vomit they spew daily...HHS Secretary, chosen by Trump, says we did these kids a great favor by taking them from their parents!! His words;

"It is one of the great acts of American generosity and charity..."

https://thinkprogress.org/hhs-secretary-immigrant-kids-generosity-b4b248cf502a/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3575 on: July 13, 2018, 10:26:09 am »

Giuliani dismisses the Russia probe as illegitimate this morning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b7135830649f

Within hours he is clowned by Mueller filing charges against 12 Russian Intelligence agents for hacking the DNC.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...713-story.html

Mueller's "nothing", "witch hunt" probe has now indicted 32 people with five of them pleading guilty in order to assist Mueller's team.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3576 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20:48 pm »

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3577 on: July 14, 2018, 10:51:56 am »

Mueller's "nothing", "witch hunt" probe has now indicted 32 people with five of them pleading guilty in order to assist Mueller's team.

Here's what it took to fool Americans into putting a corrupt, racist imbecile in the White House:

Trump’s presidency is illegitimate
Meuller’s indictments of 12 Russian intelligence agents prove that the Kremlin stole the election for Trump

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/14/trumps-presidency-is-illegitimate/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3578 on: July 14, 2018, 05:43:38 pm »

That’s a good one

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3579 on: July 14, 2018, 11:46:11 pm »

Okay. Head up to Trump. Enough with the “fake news”’stuff already. It was cute for a while, but I am bored with it. That stuff with Acosta was just over the top.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3580 on: July 15, 2018, 05:24:19 pm »

Okay. Head up to Trump. Enough with the “fake news”’stuff already. It was cute for a while, but I am bored with it. That stuff with Acosta was just over the top.

When the entire (thinking) world recognizes projection when they see it...  there can be only one.  And it is Fake Fox News.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3581 on: July 16, 2018, 07:36:55 am »

Russia summit today. I was not encouraged by the lead up.  Generally speaking, insulting your allies and creating chaos in your own camp does not strengthen ones position prior to any sort of meeting.  Odds are, nothing firm comes of the meeting, but each country definitely has a wish list.

What the United States wants:
1. Russia out of Ukraine, Crimea & Georgia
2. Stop hacking US systems
3. Stop interfering with western democratic elections
4. Turn over indicted individuals for crimes in Western nations
5. Stop poisoning citizens in Great Britain
6. Stop bombing our allies in Syria
7. Stop dangerous flybys of American ships and aircraft
8. Cooperation on N. Korea
9. Reaffirmation of key arms treaties

What Russia wants:
1. US to recognize Russia in Crimea ("right to protect their people")
2. US to acquiesce on the other portion of Ukraine occupied by Russia forces/weaken support for Ukraine
3. US/NATO to stop training with Baltic allies
4. Ease sanction against Russia and Russian oligarchs
5. Create uncertainty among NATO members about the US commitment
6. Create a rift between the US and the EU economically
7. US to acquiesce to Russian involvement in the middle east
8. Have the President of the US downplay Russia interference in western democracies
9. Get any soundbites that can be used on Russia TV to inflate Putin/Russia domestic image

The great negotiator vs. the Russian bear. Generally, the US wants to maintain the status quo of liberal western democracies maintaining the long peace and expanding free trade.  Russia wants to shake up the status quo in an effort to weaken the western democracies and gain some kind of an edge.  Lets see who checks more of their boxes!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3582 on: July 16, 2018, 09:18:42 am »

Trump is blaming the US for the bad relations with Russia? Seriously?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
9 hours ago

Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!
31,827 replies 14,715 retweets 56,719 likes
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3583 on: July 16, 2018, 09:36:34 am »

His followers reject reality and substitute their own.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3584 on: July 16, 2018, 09:41:15 am »

You can't really be surprised.

This is just the most visible proof to date that Trump is Putin's b$tch... Putin showed up an hour late, letting T cool his heels.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:43:40 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org