A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:36 pm
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455184 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3450 on: June 14, 2018, 03:49:14 pm »

Not the end of the world. Obviously I think it was unexpected and he reacted in a way that probably seemed natural, after saluting military officers for a year.  I probably would have done the same thing as a reaction.

I'm sure there is a more polished response we would prefer to see our President perform, but erring on the side of courtesy is okay with me.  Just like Trump or Obama "bowing" to a Saudi King in a gesture of respect or to get a friendship medal (as opposed to in surrender). Not the end of the world.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3451 on: June 14, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »

Since Trump glided down the gilded escalator, certain segments of the population have declared how FAKE John Oliver is, the "lamestream" media, Snopes and any other fact checking website.  The hatred for fact checkers in the Trump era is astounding. But rarely are those accusations or disparagement accompanied by anything but anecdotal examples of errors (and in regards to Snopes and Oliver, I don't think I've even seen those).  You can hate the content, the delivery and the facts... but that doesn't make it any less true.  All data suggests that there are certain sources that are factually more accurate than others, I prefer to rely on those even if the President insists the media is America's biggest enemy.  Facts matter.

At the risk of getting back on topic...

My issue with the N. Korea situation is fairly simple:  stop over selling it.  N. Korea has said they were going to denuclearize many times before, Trump (and by extension we) are going to look like morons if all this political theater and declarations of awesome falls apart.  Please, just say things like "hopeful," "cautiously optimistic," and "good first step."  No need to declare undying love for Kim and pretend this is the greatest bestest deal the world has ever seen.  The text is a grandiose declaration of an intent to do somethings sometime, with a country like N. Korea its a start, but if you declare its undying awesomeness you are setting us up for failure.

Also, I'm not happy we gave up something for essentially nothing, but if that needed to happen to get things moving, so be it, because we can always go back (but too bad we surprised our ally with it). And I'm concerned that our President's two favorite world leaders appear to be Kim Jung Un and Vladimir Putin (while we feud with most of our allies).  I understand the hypocrisy involved in the right.  I get all that.

But meeting with the North and making progress is a good thing. I don't think Trump's actions particular to North Korea have hurt our strategic position on North Korea. If it goes bad and we act rationally, we fall back to the status quo, Trump looks like a fool, and we deal with some mild irritation from S. Korea and Japan. 

I would have to read up on news accounts from the day, but IIRC, Nixon was criticized heavily for consorting with communists by his trip to China in 1972 and "playing into the hands of Chairman Mao".

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3452 on: June 14, 2018, 06:44:45 pm »

Kim:  " this . is . working . so . good ... "

Caption this pic: "Nice going Do-Tard."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3453 on: June 14, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »

Caption this pic: "Nice going Do-Tard."

Let’s keep this off personal attacks on Trump’s character, prior misdeeds, etc. and focus on the issues and implications of a Trump presidency.  If you are not capable of talking about the issues, then please don’t post.  I’m still rather stunned by the results last night and I’ve not been a Trump fan all along but he will be POTUS for the next four years and he made some pretty tall promises during his campaign.

-Immigration: Will he fulfill his promise of sealing the borders and vetting Muslim immigrants?

-Obamacare: What would happen with a full repeal, is it even possible?

-Hillary Clinton: Will there be a follow-through on continuing to investigate her email issue and allegations of pay-to-play at the CFF?

-NAFTA & TPP: What happens with a repeal of these and would it mean bringing jobs to the rust belt...

You have a short memory....

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:18:52 pm by Breadburner » Logged

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3454 on: June 14, 2018, 07:17:59 pm »

Not in my mind - it is stealing - in US law as well as all the international treaty law we are signatories to.  You seem to be confused that my thoughts are based on just what I want to be real, when in fact, there are laws in place that prohibit much of what we do.  Like they say in show business, you can't make this stuff up, so why even try - just point out the realities!    But we do them anyway, because in FACT, we are NOT a country that believes in or exercises rule of law.  Unless one is poor, then the whole force and weight of the law is brought to bear.  Think torture during the Baby Bush years.  Among so many other examples.  

Astounding how you can still justify it.  But you are just the same as 35 - 40 % of Americans, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Making nukes ain't that tough - look at who has them - they probably do.  Why weren't we so outraged about Israel getting nukes??   Double standard much??

Iran is squeezed, but they aren't hurting like you might want them to.  Find some Iranians, make friendly, and talk to them about what is going on back home for them and their family.  Most are unhappy with the regime, but how do you throw off the yoke of tyranny?   It ain't as simple as we like to imagine.   That's why it happens so seldom.

Do you go by Canadian65 on another forum by chance....Huh

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3455 on: June 14, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »

Nice to know I have a place to live in case mine doesn't work out.  Your head.  Rent free.   Grin

Lol..Whose house do you live in...??..Not yours....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3456 on: June 14, 2018, 09:24:39 pm »

Hmm.  Last I checked my name was pretty prominent on the deed.  But you keep doing you, ok?  It's just so predictable.  Your shitposting skills are, well, smile.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3457 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:24 am »

If you are not capable of talking about the issues, then please don’t post.  

Please review your recent posts and consider your above quote. For whatever reason, most of your posts in the last few months have descended into randomness that isn't talking about the issues and usually isn't something that communicates anything (no one understand what you are trying to say).  I'm not sure how to point this out without seeming hostile, so maybe seeing it for yourself will help.

Quote from: Breadburners most recent posts

Can anyone identify the T.F.N C.j.C member throwing the "Hossy Fit"....Huh

Oh the Irony...LoL...!!!

Is the T.F.N. C.j.C ready for their Crow...Probably going to take a least a year to eat it all....

About as fast as we see you stop yammering about Obama....

How'w that knee feeling...Might want to switch off every now and then...

Lol..You sure yammer a lot about things you obviously know nothing about...

[Rodman picture]

Have you purchased those knee pads yet..Huh..The C.j.C. is counting on you...!!!!

Happy Saturday to the T.F.N C.j.C...Another Promise kept by the Teflon Don...I'm sure this will cause a few "Hossy Fits"....

Hands and Knees...Get on them....

Cricket's....Shocker...!!!...But's it's nice of you to acknowledge it...

Hossy Fit"...^^^

Are the NFL'rs going to take a knee in front of any Crip's or Blood's house's etc..Huh

Lol...!!

They are planted in "Speed Humps"...Look out...!!!

C.j.C Treasurer having a "Hossy Fit"....!!!!

You should probably take 2 knees....

Looks like it will be another rough weekend for the T.F.N C.j.C...Hoist one for Trump...

Lol..I would tell you to take a knee but you couldn't get back up...!!!

More bad news for the T.F.N. C.j.C... China blinks again...Maybe hump day tomorrow will cheer you up..That would be day 502....

L.O.L....^^^ C.j.C in full effect....!!!!

Tears still flowin...Yup...Gonna be another rough week for The T.N.F. C.j C...Day 501...

Lol...This guy is doing a great job...As the freak out is just as bad....24/7-365...

Another Dandy...!!!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3458 on: June 15, 2018, 07:34:47 am »

No.  Why?   Someone else know how you are, huh??

What forum is it??   I will check it out...this is the only one I get on now just because I don't really know of any others...   Except one small engineering one but different name there.  Forums - I will always stay with this name, so you will know, without doubt, if I find it!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:38:08 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3459 on: June 15, 2018, 08:05:50 am »

Found the exact words that exactly describe one aspect of Trump - "a man whose depraved desire for attention would make a Kardashian blush".

Thanks, Dan Pfeiffer!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3460 on: June 15, 2018, 08:25:59 am »

"Hey, he is the head of a country and I mean he is the strong head," Mr. Trump told Fox News' Steve Doocy on the White House lawn Friday. "Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

Pressed by a reporter about those remarks moments later, Mr. Trump said he was "kidding."

"I'm kidding, you don't understand sarcasm," the president said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-says-he-wants-my-people-to-sit-at-attention-for-him-like-people-do-for-kim-jong-un/

Even beyond the whole fascist "joke", he should never refer to Americans as "my people", we aren't his possession. Jackass.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3461 on: June 15, 2018, 08:59:32 am »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-says-he-wants-my-people-to-sit-at-attention-for-him-like-people-do-for-kim-jong-un/

Even beyond the whole fascist "joke", he should never refer to Americans as "my people", we aren't his possession. Jackass.

You are now...according to the RWRE.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #3462 on: June 15, 2018, 09:17:23 am »

No, this is classic bully / predator behavior.   I'm serious.   People like that, like bullies, racists, sexual predators, etc, say things like that all the time to push the edges and see what they can get away with.  Like the guy who tells a racist joke.  If you don't push back, he tells another one.  The sexual predator uses innuendos all the time, to see how the target responds.  If they accept the behavior it only gets worse.  But if called on it, they say "Oh, it was just a joke!".

Trump does this stuff all the time, and on all kinds of topics. It's in his very nature as person.  If anyone thinks for one second that Trump would not absolutely love to be a dictator, they are delusional.   He won't be, and I am very secure in all our checks and balances, but that is who the man is.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3463 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:52 am »

Manafort to jail for witness tampering.

The best people.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3464 on: June 15, 2018, 10:41:39 am »

This is getting completely lost in the news cycle and in any other presidency would be an absolutely earth shattering scandal.

The Trump Foundation has millions of dollars of misspent funds, self dealing, self enrichment and settlement of personal lawsuits with foundation funds that came from 3rd parties. He and his kids are in violation of state and federal laws including tax laws. The AG is asking for $2.8 million and a 10 year ban on Trump working on charity boards. The findings have also been sent to the IRS for possible federal criminal prosecution.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-trump-foundation-president-eric-ivanka-donald-jr-underwood-20180614-story.html
A bombshell civil lawsuit filed Thursday — President Trump’s 72nd birthday — accuses the commander-in-chief and his three oldest children of operating a bogus namesake charity “in persistent violation” of federal and state laws for more than a decade.

The misdeeds included $2.8 million spent to promote Trump’s presidential campaign, along with supposed charitable funds used instead to “pay off the legal obligations of entities (Trump) controlled, to promote Trump hotels, (and) to purchase personal items,” the lawsuit charged.

The suit, filed by state Attorney General Barbara Underwood in Manhattan Supreme Court, alleged the Donald J. Trump Foundation funneled its cash into Trump’s personal dealings rather than assisting those less fortunate as part of its “pattern of illegal conduct.”

The state wants restitution for the $2.8 million in misspent money along with additional penalties, including a 10-year ban on Trump running a not-for-profit organization.

“As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his businesses to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality,” Underwood said. “This is not how private foundations should function, and my office intends to hold the foundation and its directors accountable for its misuse of charitable assets.”

The court filing specifically accused Trump, along with daughter Ivanka and sons Donald Jr. and Eric, of “improper and extensive political activity, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions, and failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations.”

Underwood also notified the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Election Commission about possible federal law-breaking by the Trumps that falls into their bailiwick.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org