A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455062 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3135 on: May 17, 2018, 08:31:24 am »

I liked this:

“When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth — even on what may seem the most trivial of matters — we go wobbly on America,” Tillerson said.

When a significant percentage of our population dismisses facts as fake news, we are truly in trouble. When they see opinion as the equal of known facts, we fail as a country. Wishful thinking is no substitute for the truth, no matter how many times those wishes are repeated. Policy cannot be based on false information, imaginary data, or outright lies.

It is almost comical - the idea of Tillerson and the truth even being in the same universe together...Lol...   But I guess it takes one to know one, so who better to identify what Trump truly is.  Even if we hadn't already known...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3136 on: May 17, 2018, 10:05:38 am »

Most of us, even his supporters, knew during the campaign that he had a tenuous relationship with the truth. And after he won, many hoped the campaign rhetoric would be jettisoned for a more reasoned, thoughtful approach to policy making and international relations, but it was not to be.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3137 on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:07 pm »

Trump got a "sizable birthday gift.."  from a Russian.  Right after they asked him to get the Magnitsky Act repealed. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-testimony-trump-tower-meeting-russians-details-ties-campaign-224925066.html

He took the gift, but actually has been unusually lawful in supporting the act - that has to be a new sensation for Trump.  That's gotta sting Russia...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3138 on: May 17, 2018, 02:25:22 pm »

Trump got a "sizable birthday gift.."  from a Russian.  Right after they asked him to get the Magnitsky Act repealed. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-testimony-trump-tower-meeting-russians-details-ties-campaign-224925066.html

He took the gift, but actually has been unusually lawful in supporting the act - that has to be a new sensation for Trump.  That's gotta sting Russia...

Well isn't that special.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3139 on: May 17, 2018, 03:07:54 pm »

The Maginstsky act passed in the senate 92-4

It'll take an act of congress to repeal.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3140 on: May 17, 2018, 04:25:41 pm »

The Maginstsky act passed in the senate 92-4

It'll take an act of congress to repeal.

Yeah.   But he appears to be actively supporting and enforcing it.  That is the amazing thing to me.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3141 on: May 18, 2018, 06:21:52 pm »

Most of us, even his supporters, knew during the campaign that he had a tenuous relationship with the truth. And after he won, many hoped the campaign rhetoric would be jettisoned for a more reasoned, thoughtful approach to policy making and international relations, but it was not to be.

Like this broken-hearted trump supporter?

A man accused of shouting “anti-Trump rhetoric” and opening fire early Friday in the lobby of Florida’s Trump National Doral Golf Club was hitting the like button on pro-Trump social-media pages up until days before the incident.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-resort-shooting-suspect-jonathan-oddi-liked-pro-trump-tweets

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3142 on: May 19, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »

Like this broken-hearted trump supporter?

A man accused of shouting “anti-Trump rhetoric” and opening fire early Friday in the lobby of Florida’s Trump National Doral Golf Club was hitting the like button on pro-Trump social-media pages up until days before the incident.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-resort-shooting-suspect-jonathan-oddi-liked-pro-trump-tweets

Did you make out to your neighborhood's speed hump dedication ceremony...Huh

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3143 on: May 19, 2018, 03:02:34 pm »

Did you make out to your neighborhood's speed hump dedication ceremony...Huh

Every time I see you respond to something on here I think of this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3144 on: May 19, 2018, 03:20:19 pm »

Smells like butt-hurt up in here....!!!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3145 on: May 19, 2018, 04:42:16 pm »

My point being made.  Thank you so much.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3146 on: May 19, 2018, 05:51:31 pm »

My point being made.  Thank you so much.

Stinky Stinky....!!!!...24/7-365....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3147 on: May 21, 2018, 02:30:28 pm »

Minions gotta be so proud....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-top-court-backs-companies-over-worker-class-141107855--finance.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3148 on: May 21, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

More Trump-murica' Pride!!   In Montana!  Of course, since there are so many illegal Canadians trying to sneak in....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-citizens-were-detained-border-101824943.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3149 on: May 21, 2018, 04:51:06 pm »

Well, it you would finally pull your head outa there, you wouldn't have to smell "Trump World"...

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org