A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455126 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #3000 on: April 27, 2018, 09:56:49 am »

As if he has had anything to do with it...  Maybe he will fix the Mideast, too!  As long as we are indulging in drug induced fantasies...

If history proves anything, it is that merit has nothing to do with it....   Just look at Obama.    Even he was surprised that he won.   (He didn't realize the voting machines were already fixed at this point.)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3001 on: April 27, 2018, 11:27:39 am »

I can't wait to see Trump get the Nobel peace prize for ending a war that has been ravaging two countries for 68 years.

You dont have to wait; he's taking the credit now.  History will get it right eventually, and our grandchildren will have a good laugh.
Now on to finding a cabinet position for Kanye West.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3002 on: April 27, 2018, 12:12:32 pm »

If history proves anything, it is that merit has nothing to do with it....   Just look at Obama.    Even he was surprised that he won.   (He didn't realize the voting machines were already fixed at this point.)

Lol...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3003 on: April 27, 2018, 12:12:56 pm »

I can't wait to see Trump get the Nobel peace prize for ending a war that has been ravaging two countries for 68 years.

He's not even at the table negotiating. This is between the Koreas now and we have been shut out.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3004 on: April 27, 2018, 12:28:32 pm »

He's not even at the table negotiating. This is between the Koreas now and we have been shut out.

It appears that people that I would dare say know more about this than anyone here, but does share your unbridled disdain for Trump, is diverging from you all's consensus that Trump had absolutely nothing to do with...well anything.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/a_nobel_peace_prize_for_donald_trump.html

His account was probably hacked though, so...

And don't be too hard on Obama for winning the prize. He did figure out how to convert Oxygen to Carbon Dioxide.  Wink
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:33:55 pm by erfalf » Logged

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3005 on: April 27, 2018, 12:52:29 pm »

And in a show of the reality of who is against Religious Freedom  AND  Freedom of Speech, at exactly the same time - Paul Ryan pushes out the House Chaplain who prayed for this country.   Of course...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-chaplain-prayed-gop-tax-224334707.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #3006 on: April 27, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »

And in a show of the reality of who is against Religious Freedom  AND  Freedom of Speech, at exactly the same time - Paul Ryan pushes out the House Chaplain who prayed for this country.   Of course...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-chaplain-prayed-gop-tax-224334707.html

If you want to believe that was the reason, I have a bridge to sell you.    Maybe the subsidies ran out?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3007 on: April 27, 2018, 01:07:52 pm »

If you want to believe that was the reason, I have a bridge to sell you.    Maybe the subsidies ran out?

So you don't even believe the good Christian Chaplain who stated the reason, nor the two Republican sources who also said that was the reason??   Sounds about right...for someone who excuses assault and attempted murder by saying, “So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything, right?”

Do tell...exactly how would you interpret the Chaplain's event??  

Perhaps he brought it on himself for saying something like;

"God of the universe, we give You thanks for giving us another day. Bless the Members of this assembly as they set upon the work of these hours, of these days. Help them to make wise decisions in a good manner and to carry their responsibilities steadily, with high hopes for a better future for our great Nation. As legislation on taxes continues to be debated this week and next, may all Members be mindful that the institutions and structures of our great Nation guarantee the opportunities that have allowed some to achieve great success, while others continue to struggle. May their efforts these days guarantee that there are not winners and losers under new tax laws, but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans. May Your blessing, O God, be with them and with us all this day and every day to come, and may all we do be done for Your greater honor and glory. Amen."

How dare him pray for all House members and all Americans!!??

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3008 on: April 27, 2018, 02:01:04 pm »

If you want to believe that was the reason, I have a bridge to sell you.    Maybe the subsidies ran out?

For someone who has repeatedly stated that you don't like Cheeto Jesus, you sure act like you're carrying his water.  Just an observation though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3009 on: April 27, 2018, 02:17:00 pm »

For someone who has repeatedly stated that you don't like Cheeto Jesus, you sure act like you're carrying his water.  Just an observation though.

In exactly the same vein as those who claim not to ever watch or listen to Fake Fox News, yet quote The Script, line and verse.

In great part, he is just trying to 'tweak' me for being an assertive, ongoing, presenter of the truth about Trump around here.  Doesn't like it, much like most Trump Minions don't like it.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:19:46 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3010 on: April 27, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »

Not true.  I heard KJU, Drumpf, and Dennis Rodman were supposed to meet for a game of horse.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TeeDub
« Reply #3011 on: April 28, 2018, 07:32:54 am »

For someone who has repeatedly stated that you don't like Cheeto Jesus, you sure act like you're carrying his water.  Just an observation though.

Heh.  I had to google the term "Cheeto Jesus."   Was he even involved in this?

I really don't know or care about the guy.   I just did a quick google and saw that apparently he got a bunch of push back from Pelosi a few years ago over some sex scandal stuff (he was vaguely tied to paying off a Catholic sex scandal.)    With such a sudden dismissal, I would be something is coming out and everyone is distancing themselves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3012 on: April 30, 2018, 08:02:55 am »

If peace is achieved in Korea - I'm happy to see Trump take credit.

It's entirely possible than a manic and bizarre US approach to the problem was effective when dealing with a manic and bizarre dictator.  N. Korea might have felt they were no longer dealing with a rational actor in the US so reached out to S. Korea.  S. Korea might have felt like the US was no longer a reliable partner, so they were happy to deal with N. Korea directly. Previously, N. Korea felt the US would be rational and restrained, S. Korea felt confident that the US would maintain the status quo as it always had - the equation changed.  I have no indication that was our diplomatic intention, but if it works out... what the hell.

Or - maybe the collapse of the research/test facility was essentially fatal to the program, so may as well make a show of "giving it up" and get what you can.

Or - maybe the dictator has executed too many scientists, or is losing support, or otherwise needs to change the paradigm to maintain power.

Or - this could be like the previous few times N. Korea "gave up" its nuclear program, only to see it not actually happen.

But --- if it works out under Trump, he can take credit for it.  At very least the administration will need to stay out of the way, if not actually help.  Take the credit, that's often how being President works (and that's a two way street, if something goes to hell... the "credit" falls on you too).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3013 on: April 30, 2018, 08:09:00 am »

If peace is achieved in Korea - I'm happy to see Trump take credit.

It's entirely possible than a manic and bizarre US approach to the problem was effective when dealing with a manic and bizarre dictator.  N. Korea might have felt they were no longer dealing with a rational actor in the US so reached out to S. Korea.  S. Korea might have felt like the US was no longer a reliable partner, so they were happy to deal with N. Korea directly. Previously, N. Korea felt the US would be rational and restrained, S. Korea felt confident that the US would maintain the status quo as it always had - the equation changed.  I have no indication that was our diplomatic intention, but if it works out... what the hell.

Or - maybe the collapse of the research/test facility was essentially fatal to the program, so may as well make a show of "giving it up" and get what you can.

Or - maybe the dictator has executed too many scientists, or is losing support, or otherwise needs to change the paradigm to maintain power.

Or - this could be like the previous few times N. Korea "gave up" its nuclear program, only to see it not actually happen.

But --- if it works out under Trump, he can take credit for it.  At very least the administration will need to stay out of the way, if not actually help.  Take the credit, that's often how being President works (and that's a two way street, if something goes to hell... the "credit" falls on you too).

This one;

He has to find a new mountain to test under.  The only thing that has changed in the whole dynamic is that N Korea now is bargaining from a position of relative strength than previous times - they have long range missiles.  They have proven fission devices.  

They are buying time to let the new conditions become "normal" to the west - like they have done for the last 6 decades.

Don't think it will happen this go 'round, but their desire is for the US to withdraw just a little bit more.  Take our nukes out of the region.  Reduce or eliminate our troops stationed there.  His nukes just keep our nukes from being sent when he sends his 4 million man army south.  S Korea has about 400,000 army.  We have 35,000 or so - if we pull out, all they have to do is start walking south.  S Korea would not be able to shoot fast enough to stop that, even if the North wasn't shooting back the whole time.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:12:34 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #3014 on: April 30, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- South Korean President Moon Jae-in has shaken off a suggestion that he receive the Nobel Peace Prize, saying that U.S. President Donald Trump "can take the Nobel prize" as long as the Koreas receive peace in return.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_KOREAS_TENSIONS?SITE=TXMCA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2018-04-30-10-03-53

Hahahaha..   Even I think this would be priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org