A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455094 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2970 on: April 18, 2018, 10:34:19 am »

It's the code they were using to investigate her. When I see a spade I call it a spade.

Would love to see where you actually did that with anything that Trump has done.  Got examples??   'Cause they haven't been here...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2971 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:38 am »

1. Yes she was...

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-02-07%20Interim%20Report_The%20Clinton%20Email%20Scandal%20and%20the%20FBI's%20Investigation%20of%20It.pdf

Several Federal statutes criminalize the mishandling of classified information. The Espionage Act...prohibits various types of mishandling of "national defense information."

For which Comey attempted to quash obviously.

2. Not publicly investigated, I should have qualified my point.

And using the dictionary to be cute when discussing politics (which minuses words all the time) is not a good strategy.

And have you even read this report you are using as your reference?

The only thing they really have that implies anything is admitted to be bogus BS by the authors;

"Director Comey repeatedly referred to her behavior as “grossly negligent”—the legal standard under § 793(f)—in his original drafts of his
public statement.37 That phrase was subsequently edited to “extremely careless”—a legal distinction without a practical difference."

CLAIMING that the wording is a legal distinction without a practical difference, when as lawyers, many of them know that there IS a very practical legal difference.  It is, as they do admit, the legal standard.  It is all the difference in whether a crime was committed or just carelessness.  Which, by definition, is intellectual dishonesty by this group - they are specifically trying to paint a picture in the public mind that they know is untrue.  And they know it is untrue, but persist anyway.   Again, as is also done by the RWRE.  Repeatedly.   (That one's for you, Conan!)

And their point II.1.2...what a clown show.  Mostly they are just pissy because she showed more wit in her one snide comment than all the committee had between them.

As for their taking Comey's writings out of context - well, just more of their lies and distortions.  He obviously started writing early in the process - it's called preliminary notes to literate people.  Then edited them as more information became available and understood, ending with the actual document he released which this committee is trying to re-write to fit their world view. 

It really is 8th grade English...but so many just don't understand that...or are following the committee lead to distort/lie/twist/obfuscate what was actually said.   Which one of those are you trying to do??

The big question is, "Where is the rest of the information?"  The parts they left out and that Dems have been trying to get released... when that happens, then we might have better insight into what Comey was thinking.   But that would lead to a better informed populace - something directly against the RWRE (this one just for grins and giggles) methods/hopes/desires.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2972 on: April 18, 2018, 11:37:53 am »

Profiles in lack of courage...

Ongoing characterization by the lying, crooked, RWRE in the US House of Representatives - that Social Security and Medicare are "entitlements".

News flash!  This is insurance that Americans have worked and paid for!

But that wouldn't fit the RWRE agenda would it?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2973 on: April 18, 2018, 02:24:50 pm »

Pittsburgh police warn officers to bring 'riot gear' to work in event Trump fires Mueller

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/18/pittsburgh-police-warn-officers-to-bring-riot-gear-to-work-in-event-trump-fires-mueller.html

Right after they got an "atta boy" from the chief after arresting two black men waiting at a Starbucks?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2974 on: April 18, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »

Pittsburgh police warn officers to bring 'riot gear' to work in event Trump fires Mueller

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/18/pittsburgh-police-warn-officers-to-bring-riot-gear-to-work-in-event-trump-fires-mueller.html

Right after they got an "atta boy" from the chief after arresting two black men waiting at a Starbucks?

That was Philly, not Pittsburgh.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2975 on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:30 pm »

You mean the Fake Fox News Murdochian World Fantasy View of reality embraced by the extremist right, embodied as RWRE...?

Hey Seus Fuggin' Krist.  My head just exploded.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2976 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:15 pm »

And have you even read this report you are using as your reference?

The only thing they really have that implies anything is admitted to be bogus BS by the authors;

"Director Comey repeatedly referred to her behavior as “grossly negligent”—the legal standard under § 793(f)—in his original drafts of his
public statement.37 That phrase was subsequently edited to “extremely careless”—a legal distinction without a practical difference."

CLAIMING that the wording is a legal distinction without a practical difference, when as lawyers, many of them know that there IS a very practical legal difference.  It is, as they do admit, the legal standard.  It is all the difference in whether a crime was committed or just carelessness.  Which, by definition, is intellectual dishonesty by this group - they are specifically trying to paint a picture in the public mind that they know is untrue.  And they know it is untrue, but persist anyway.   Again, as is also done by the RWRE.  Repeatedly.   (That one's for you, Conan!)

And their point II.1.2...what a clown show.  Mostly they are just pissy because she showed more wit in her one snide comment than all the committee had between them.

As for their taking Comey's writings out of context - well, just more of their lies and distortions.  He obviously started writing early in the process - it's called preliminary notes to literate people.  Then edited them as more information became available and understood, ending with the actual document he released which this committee is trying to re-write to fit their world view. 

It really is 8th grade English...but so many just don't understand that...or are following the committee lead to distort/lie/twist/obfuscate what was actually said.   Which one of those are you trying to do??

The big question is, "Where is the rest of the information?"  The parts they left out and that Dems have been trying to get released... when that happens, then we might have better insight into what Comey was thinking.   But that would lead to a better informed populace - something directly against the RWRE (this one just for grins and giggles) methods/hopes/desires.

To a reasonable person, Comey publicly blasting Trump now really casts some doubt on his ability to be impartial and how well he really pursued the Clinton investigation.  He seems like a classless jerk trying to make a buck off his 15 minutes.

At least that's my Faux News ANALysis.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2977 on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:06 pm »

That was Philly, not Pittsburgh.

Well Ph....  My mistake.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2978 on: April 18, 2018, 08:05:06 pm »

Hey Seus Fuggin' Krist.  My head just exploded.

Thought you would like that....did it just for you!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2979 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:16 pm »

To a reasonable person, Comey publicly blasting Trump now really casts some doubt on his ability to be impartial and how well he really pursued the Clinton investigation.  He seems like a classless jerk trying to make a buck off his 15 minutes.

At least that's my Faux News ANALysis.

I've mentioned here at least a couple of times about what a dipstick I think he is...  along with the McCade guy who got fired.   But it is also amusing to watch the hair-on-fire contortions by these people trying to twist themselves into positions for their audience, too.  He is still way off the bottom of the swamp compared to some...   Think Sessions.  Kelly.  Trump.  Pence.

My take is that promises were made.  He did his part.  And true to his nature, Trump decided not to "pay" him for services rendered.   Oh, well...he got 'screwed'... boo hoo.

As for Clinton, well again, not a fan.  But there has been no one in modern history who has been probed, poked, prodded, in every orifice available to Congress as Hillary and Billy Bob, and they ALL came back with the same conclusions - including that "Mad Dog" Trey Gowdy - saying, "We don't like her and think she did must have done something, but we can't find any evidence of it..."   And not just the 8 Congressional investigations, but a couple dozen other, lessor, probings - including Comey's.   Would a reasonable person not get something from those facts, especially with the group of people doing the probing??   (Guess who composes 'not reasonable persons'...?  I won't say it, but you know who.)

Remember when Trump was positively gushing in his praise for Comey.  Back when he came out a week before the election...

And now that "Friday night" is here - my Friday this week - some chillin' music from Justin Johnson... guy plays with the likes of Ronnie Dunn and Sheryl Crow, but I like his freelance stuff better... plus he makes some righteous 3 string shovel guitars!   As well as this Marvel Mystery Oil guitar... His Jack Daniels guitar sets the mood perfectly!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-dmuTEhWdk

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:25:57 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2980 on: April 19, 2018, 11:40:00 am »

I thought Bill Clinton was the one doing all the probing.  At least that's what the fallout of the Starr investigation revealed.  Shocked

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2981 on: April 19, 2018, 12:21:22 pm »

I thought Bill Clinton was the one doing all the probing.  At least that's what the fallout of the Starr investigation revealed.  Shocked

But you have to follow up on what Starr later said to get the whole story.  Recanted.  Apologized.  Said the Clinton's are decent enough people...for politicians, anyway.   Have a Paul Harvey moment, and get "the rest of the story..."

No doubt Billy Bob did his share.  And probably several other people's share, too.  But he didn't go after little girls.  Or his daughter.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 12:23:08 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2982 on: April 19, 2018, 01:04:19 pm »

NASA just announced plans to land the 1st man on the Sun.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2983 on: April 19, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

But you have to follow up on what Starr later said to get the whole story.  Recanted.  Apologized.  Said the Clinton's are decent enough people...for politicians, anyway.   Have a Paul Harvey moment, and get "the rest of the story..."

No doubt Billy Bob did his share.  And probably several other people's share, too.  But he didn't go after little girls.  Or his daughter.

At least not that we we've made aware of, no.  But he did have the Arkansas State Patrol and later the Secret Service for his personal Gestappo to eliminate such voices, remember?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2984 on: April 19, 2018, 01:17:11 pm »

At least not that we we've made aware of, no.  But he did have the Arkansas State Patrol and later the Secret Service for his personal Gestappo to eliminate such voices, remember?

Yeah.   I think after this amount of time, there would have been awareness. 

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org