A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454833 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2955 on: April 17, 2018, 03:01:46 pm »

Looking at the later posts, but think this is best point to interject...

Can't tell if you are doing this intentionally, but you are obfuscating the situation here, and being "precisely inaccurate".

Not "precisely innaccurate".  It's intellectual dishonesty.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #2956 on: April 17, 2018, 03:06:48 pm »

Not "precisely innaccurate".  It's intellectual dishonesty.

I should have used "technically accurate".  Which is true, but only in the technical sense.  Wink

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2957 on: April 17, 2018, 03:12:25 pm »

I should have used "technically accurate".  Which is true, but only in the technical sense.  Wink

Not even technically.  He is using the strictly Republican report that was released from a very limited "investigation".

Smoke and mirrors, projection, and deflection.

Like his comment, "I was under the impression a disinterested party was going to sift through everything and determine what was admissible, and what was protected by attorney client privileged. I was told that civil rights would not be trampled on in any way whatsoever. This was all above board. Instead, we get leaks (which I totally expected) and public admissions of clients. And we are cheering them on all the way. Please tell me I am missing something."

Which cannon_fodder thoroughly and accurately debunked a few notes back.  No civil rights were trampled, no leaks until the information was already public yet the meme keeps being repeated.  Even when known to be otherwise.  That is the "intellectual dishonesty" part of the whole Fake Fox News Worldview.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:16:53 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2958 on: April 18, 2018, 07:35:06 am »

I should have used "technically accurate".  Which is true, but only in the technical sense.  Wink

It's the code they were using to investigate her. When I see a spade I call it a spade. Even the intent part is generally debated, and certainly not "settled science". You all are just pissy because what I pointed out was true. One candidate was under investigation at the time of the election, and the other (while secretly under investigation...in a back door sense) was not. The people voted accordingly.

And don't give me that useless statistic that more people voted for Clinton right after lecturing me about intellectual dishonesty.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2959 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:52 am »

Not even technically.  He is using the strictly Republican report that was released from a very limited "investigation".

Smoke and mirrors, projection, and deflection.

Like his comment, "I was under the impression a disinterested party was going to sift through everything and determine what was admissible, and what was protected by attorney client privileged. I was told that civil rights would not be trampled on in any way whatsoever. This was all above board. Instead, we get leaks (which I totally expected) and public admissions of clients. And we are cheering them on all the way. Please tell me I am missing something."

Which cannon_fodder thoroughly and accurately debunked a few notes back.  No civil rights were trampled, no leaks until the information was already public yet the meme keeps being repeated.  Even when known to be otherwise.  That is the "intellectual dishonesty" part of the whole Fake Fox News Worldview.

Sometimes it's better to keep you giant yapper shut. I have never been so embarrassed for the human race until I met you on this particular board. I recall this board used to be much MUCH more lively. Curious why that could be. Maybe it's because they are tired of people of the baseless ad hominem attacks by a certain poster.

Boot me if you want, but swake looks like a saint on this board, and that is really saying something.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2960 on: April 18, 2018, 07:44:02 am »

Sometimes it's better to keep you giant yapper shut. I have never been so embarrassed for the human race until I met you on this particular board. I recall this board used to be much MUCH more lively. Curious why that could be. Maybe it's because they are tired of people of the baseless ad hominem attacks by a certain poster.

Boot me if you want, but swake looks like a saint on this board, and that is really saying something.

Awww...how cute...trying to be Hannity...!!

Ad hominem... big word!!   Like the projection and deflection.  Again.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:46:17 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2961 on: April 18, 2018, 08:15:56 am »

Awww...how cute...trying to be Hannity...!!

Ad hominem... big word!!   Like the projection and deflection.  Again.

In this case it's not a logical falacy. I'm just calling you a dick.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #2962 on: April 18, 2018, 08:16:21 am »

It's the code they were using to investigate her. When I see a spade I call it a spade. Even the intent part is generally debated, and certainly not "settled science". You all are just pissy because what I pointed out was true. One candidate was under investigation at the time of the election, and the other (while secretly under investigation...in a back door sense) was not. The people voted accordingly.

And don't give me that useless statistic that more people voted for Clinton right after lecturing me about intellectual dishonesty.

Be careful with "You all" on this.  I gave you credit specific to the piece related to who was being investigated.  Hillary was (and had been for some time) being investigated as part of the email issue.  There was no active/formal investigation of Trump at the time.  So, as I said earlier, "fair enough".

Also, I think Hillary lost the election because (along the lines of your earlier comment about Trump), she "is just Hillary".  There are a lot of people who just viscerally don't like her. 

I do think though, that we have the benefit of hindsight here, and had Obama released the information he had at the time related to Trump's ties to Russia  (which has resulted in an official investigation) that would definitely have had an affect on the election.  Enough to change it?  Don't know.

Also, I am not a "popular vote" guy, and don't think I have ever argued that point on here.  In terms of the actual counting of the votes, Hillary lost fair and square.  It is unfortunate though, that everything that has come out related to Trump since then was not available to the public at the time.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2963 on: April 18, 2018, 08:38:23 am »

In this case it's not a logical falacy. I'm just calling you a dick.

Yep.  Fake Fox News approach to every discussion.  Make an absurd comment/allegory/comparison/insinuation/accusation.  Then immediately jump to name calling when reality is brought to light.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2964 on: April 18, 2018, 09:14:02 am »

Fellas!
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2965 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:54 am »

Yep.  Fake Fox News approach to every discussion.  Make an absurd comment/allegory/comparison/insinuation/accusation.  Then immediately jump to name calling when reality is brought to light.

Look, I appologize. It comes out about once a year because I can only hold my tongue so long. But if someone can't add to the discussion, maybe they should keep it to themselves. Just like this one. We have a good back and forth discussion about the realities of a case (of which the facts are imperfect and the judgement calls are made by people so...). Good commentary by all involved, then heiron's only contribution is to degrade one commented with absolutely no addition to the discussion whatsoever, nor a resemblance to the realities of what just occurred. It's high time someone called out the pettiness and attempted to guilt him into stopping it. It's childish and honestly, this type probably contributed to the election of Donald J. F'ing Trump more than any one thing I can think of. People were just fed up with the donkey-holery of being called a racist, backward, hillbilly, dumb donkey by people that really don't know all that much more, but sure like to think they do.

TeeDub
« Reply #2966 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:31 am »

Look, I appologize. It comes out about once a year because I can only hold my tongue so long. But if someone can't add to the discussion, maybe they should keep it to themselves. Just like this one. We have a good back and forth discussion about the realities of a case (of which the facts are imperfect and the judgement calls are made by people so...). Good commentary by all involved, then heiron's only contribution is to degrade one commented with absolutely no addition to the discussion whatsoever, nor a resemblance to the realities of what just occurred. It's high time someone called out the pettiness and attempted to guilt him into stopping it. It's childish and honestly, this type probably contributed to the election of Donald J. F'ing Trump more than any one thing I can think of. People were just fed up with the donkey-holery of being called a racist, backward, hillbilly, dumb donkey by people that really don't know all that much more, but sure like to think they do.

Don't apologize.   He had it coming.   You stated fact, he can't accept it so therefore he starts calling everyone a Trump supporter and therefore a pedophile.   It's his standard operating procedure.   

I blame the fact he is old and crotchety.

If there was an ignore feature on this forum, it would be helpful.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2967 on: April 18, 2018, 09:44:11 am »

At least he's moved on from everything that doesn't jibe in his "moderate, certainly not liberal world" being "Murdochian" and he doesn't summon RWRE quite as often.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2968 on: April 18, 2018, 10:22:54 am »

At least he's moved on from everything that doesn't jibe in his "moderate, certainly not liberal world" being "Murdochian" and he doesn't summon RWRE quite as often.  Grin

You mean the Fake Fox News Murdochian World Fantasy View of reality embraced by the extremist right, embodied as RWRE...?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2969 on: April 18, 2018, 10:31:20 am »

Don't apologize.   He had it coming.   You stated fake fact, he can't accept it so therefore he starts calling everyone a Trump supporter and therefore a pedophile.   It's his standard operating procedure.  

I blame the fact he is old and crotchety.

If there was an ignore feature on this forum, it would be helpful.

Fixed it for you...

And no, I have never called Trump supporters pedophiles.  Trump gets that title.  What I have done repeatedly is question the motives of someone who rationalizes and condones his actions.  Their motivations stem from ignorance of his past, willful stupidity in spite of knowing what he is (a kind of 'ends justifies the means'), or a 'sympathetic' ear to what he does - which may derive from similar tendencies.  

And given Trump's past comments about his daughter...well, it just kinda points in only one direction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXQTr_3IVw

But hey, it's not Hillary!!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:35:34 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org