A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454935 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2655 on: February 09, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »

In Russia news. Trump blocks the Democratic memo. Because, you know, it doesn't make him look good. Anyone still want to argue the Nunes memo was about anything other than obstruction and protecting Trump?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dem-fisa-memo-trump-today-2018-02-09-live-updates/

I somehow remember some on here calling Obama the "Emperor with no clothes".  Hmm.  Even more so than this moron in the White House?

Really?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2656 on: February 09, 2018, 10:14:20 pm »

In Russia news. Trump blocks the Democratic memo. Because, you know, it doesn't make him look good. Anyone still want to argue the Nunes memo was about anything other than obstruction and protecting Trump?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2657 on: February 09, 2018, 10:23:17 pm »

You don't care that Trump is an awful president you are just happy he won and Hillary isn't president.

I think we've already established this.  Carry on Guido.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2658 on: February 09, 2018, 11:38:46 pm »

You don't care that Trump is an awful president you are just happy he won and Hillary isn't president.

I think we've already established this.  Carry on Guido.

That. But I generally don’t care about what you’ve established.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2659 on: February 11, 2018, 02:50:16 pm »

Maher's 'Dictator Checklist'

You might be a despot if you

(1) are narcissistic and you like your name or face on buildings, and
(2) appoint family members to positions of power,
(3) have rallies,
(4) hate the press and use your own propaganda outlet (Fox News),
(5) use your office for you own personal financial gain,
(6) align with other dictators (Duarte, Putin),
(7) claim minorities are the cause of problems in this country,
(8] lie so freely that people don’t know what the truth is anymore,
(9) want missile parades,
(10) wear military costume

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2660 on: February 11, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »

Trump will release the memo after they redact all the nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, gerunds, indefinite articles, and punctuation, but it will still be too long for him to read.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2661 on: February 11, 2018, 08:10:32 pm »

AKA, facts don't matter.
TeeDub
« Reply #2662 on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:38 am »

AKA, facts don't matter.

Apparently being funny in comedy doesn't matter any more either.   

Since when did late night television and SNL become one joke machines only making fun of Trump?   Have they really used up all their comedy magic?   

Sadly, I used to like Colbert before he became a one joke man.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2663 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:37 am »

Apparently being funny in comedy doesn't matter any more either.   

Since when did late night television and SNL become one joke machines only making fun of Trump?   Have they really used up all their comedy magic?   

Sadly, I used to like Colbert before he became a one joke man.

Maybe because he's a constant source of material?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2664 on: February 12, 2018, 09:53:07 am »

True.  You are happy in your comfort zone of supporting pedophilia, calling POW's cowards, disparaging all of our military leaders (while at the same time claiming to be "all about" military service - that is a two pointer!), ridicule of the handicapped. 

Not to even mention those good ole downhome family values of having a bunch of kids from several women, support of spousal abuse, and general violent action against women....  From my friends and family who are Catholic, I KNOW you didn't learn that from your faith.  In fact, they are kinda just the opposite of that.  But hey, you are right, at least it ain't Hillary.  That's the important thing...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2665 on: February 12, 2018, 03:50:43 pm »

Another side effect of Trumps lies....   Amazon is laying off hundreds of employees, both at corporate and elsewhere.

No wonder they are looking for another headquarters - we may be back in the running with the Low Wage Gambit !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2666 on: February 12, 2018, 04:40:22 pm »

Another side effect of Trumps lies....   Amazon is laying off hundreds of employees, both at corporate and elsewhere.

No wonder they are looking for another headquarters - we may be back in the running with the Low Wage Gambit !!

I call BS on blaming Trump.

Amazon is laying off hundreds of corporate employees, a rare cutback for a company that has spent most of the last few years in a frantic growth spurt.

The layoffs, underway now, will fall on several hundred employees at the online retailer’s Seattle headquarters, along with hundreds more elsewhere in Amazon’s global operations, one person familiar with the cuts said. The layoffs are primarily focused on Amazon’s consumer retail businesses, according to two people familiar with the matter.

A few hundred layoffs are modest for  a company that is now the second-largest U.S.-based corporate employer, and pales in comparison to adjustments in recent years that saw Microsoft and Boeing eliminate thousands of jobs in a single cutting drive.

But at Amazon, a company with a wide range of growing businesses that prides itself on frugality and efficient allocation of resources, broad layoffs of any kind are rare.

The cuts come after a hiring binge that took the company’s Seattle head count to more than 40,000 people, from just 5,000 in 2010.

According to several employees, the rapid growth of the last two years left some units over budget and some teams with too much staff for their work. Amazon had implemented hiring freezes in recent months across several groups, a move that reduced the company’s open job listings in Seattle to their lowest level in years.

In a statement to The Seattle Times, Amazon acknowledged the cuts.

“As part of our annual planning process, we are making head count adjustments across the company — small reductions in a couple of places and aggressive hiring in many others,” a spokesman said. “For affected employees, we work to find roles in the areas where we are hiring.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/amazon/amazon-laying-off-corporate-employees-in-rare-cutback/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2667 on: February 13, 2018, 04:40:26 pm »

I call BS on blaming Trump.

Not saying that - saying he has been lying all this time about "saving" all these jobs...awkward wording.  Also, didn't save Carrier jobs that went to Mexico.  Like they said they would.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2668 on: February 13, 2018, 08:10:48 pm »

Not saying that - saying he has been lying all this time about "saving" all these jobs...awkward wording.  Also, didn't save Carrier jobs that went to Mexico.  Like they said they would.

Really?Huh

Your statement

Another side effect of Trumps lies....   Amazon is laying off hundreds of employees, both at corporate and elsewhere.

is saying that Trump lying is a causal effect for Amazon to lay people off.

Okay, so you now change your statement to fit. Fine, not gonna lose sleep about it. As for Trump lying, that pretty much sums up every piece of carp ever elected why would you expect anything different?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:33:27 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2669 on: February 14, 2018, 01:15:58 am »

Which federal law enforcement agency is an imminent danger to the U.S.? The answer, of course, depends on which partisan lens you apply to the inquiry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-13/a-california-city-shows-what-polarized-policing-looks-like

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org