A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454904 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2610 on: February 07, 2018, 05:34:27 pm »

I thought I was responding to Ed. I know you never did anything to protect America.

Zing!   Take that cheap shot...!   Are you sure you aren't channeling Breadburner??

He did as much as anyone who didn't lose their life.  He works and contributes to society and the military effort by paying his taxes (more than can be said for Pedophile in Chief.) and generally supporting all the efforts the country chooses to indulge in.  Just as important a support effort as everyone else.  Well, again, except for you-know-who...the Draft Dodger in Chief.  Bone Spur in Chief.

No clue where he works, but if there is a manufacturing component or pretty much any technical component to his job, then there is no doubt the military uses it, or the results of it, to fulfill their duties.  That is as big a contribution as anyone.  Even Taco Bueno and McDonald's employees anywhere  around Tinker AFB are making a valid contribution - keeping our troops fed.  Not necessarily well fed, but fed....

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:36:14 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2611 on: February 07, 2018, 06:07:54 pm »

Zing!   Take that cheap shot...!   Are you sure you aren't channeling Breadburner??

He did as much as anyone who didn't lose their life.  He works and contributes to society and the military effort by paying his taxes (more than can be said for Pedophile in Chief.) and generally supporting all the efforts the country chooses to indulge in.  Just as important a support effort as everyone else.  Well, again, except for you-know-who...the Draft Dodger in Chief.  Bone Spur in Chief.

No clue where he works, but if there is a manufacturing component or pretty much any technical component to his job, then there is no doubt the military uses it, or the results of it, to fulfill their duties.  That is as big a contribution as anyone.  Even Taco Bueno and McDonald's employees anywhere  around Tinker AFB are making a valid contribution - keeping our troops fed.  Not necessarily well fed, but fed....

Not trying to zing anyone. Just sickened by the disrespect the military gets by people. And no, flipping burgers to feed a soldier is not remotely close to signing that blank check for your life.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2612 on: February 07, 2018, 06:49:07 pm »

holy Sh!t! President Ego? That guy left last year. Even that clown Brazile agrees.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gen-politics/donna-brazile-criticizes-barack-obama-titanic-ego-her-new-book/hyIMZUKrZlev9X58YkReDP/amp.html

But I like your passive aggressiveness.  

And on the subject of parades, the title of this from Ace nails it:

http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=373762

My issues with Trump and his massive ego go back decades and is why I refused to vote for him.  I suspect that resonated with others and was reflected in the popular vote when he could not beat a troll like Hillary Clinton.  Much like Obama, I still respect the Presidency but I don't have much respect for the fellow sitting in the big chair.  I also believe Obama had the same narcissistic complex except he wasn't the loudmouth boor that President Trump is.

As evidence of Trump's narcissistic tendencies:

Trump Tower, Trump Plaza, Tour de Trump, Trump University, Trump Shuttle, etc. ad nauseum.

I get it, "Trump" is a carefully crafted brand.  So are Berkshire-Hathaway, Apple Computer, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, etc. which do not have their founder's names splattered all over them.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:52:10 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2613 on: February 07, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2614 on: February 07, 2018, 07:36:15 pm »

Not trying to zing anyone. Just sickened by the disrespect the military gets by people. And no, flipping burgers to feed a soldier is not remotely close to signing that blank check for your life.

Huh...where is it exactly you see that?  I haven't noticed more than just the occasional lone wolf a$$hat exhibiting that lately - like for decades.  And not very many of those...

Not at all what I said, but hey, go ahead and take that Fake Fox News leap to the illogical conclusion.   It IS however, supporting the effort in their own way, the best they can.  Even if unintentional.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2615 on: February 07, 2018, 07:49:02 pm »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2616 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:19 pm »

See my above post about parade. I meant that for you.

No, I'm not former military. I'm a retired marijuana addled old hippie in a tie-dyed t-shirt and bell bottom jeans. I have nothing against the military - except for the unconscionable amount of money we spend on them - and I have no objections to a military parade. I do object to such a parade being used to highlight Trump's over sized ego. But I don't see any means of preventing that.

I listened to "The Guns of August" an audio book about the first month of WW1. There were monumental blunders on both sides and it's sheer chance that the war didn't turn out differently. In truth, it shaped much of the 20th century. It worries me that the arrogance, hubris, and obstinancy that lead to industrialized warfare is just as prevalent now as it was then. Trump has that in spades.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2617 on: February 07, 2018, 09:31:50 pm »

My issues with Trump and his massive ego go back decades and is why I refused to vote for him.  I suspect that resonated with others and was reflected in the popular vote when he could not beat a troll like Hillary Clinton.  Much like Obama, I still respect the Presidency but I don't have much respect for the fellow sitting in the big chair.  I also believe Obama had the same narcissistic complex except he wasn't the loudmouth boor that President Trump is.

As evidence of Trump's narcissistic tendencies:

Trump Tower, Trump Plaza, Tour de Trump, Trump University, Trump Shuttle, etc. ad nauseum.

I get it, "Trump" is a carefully crafted brand.  So are Berkshire-Hathaway, Apple Computer, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, etc. which do not have their founder's names splattered all over them.

It’s his gimmick, and that’s who he is. Apparently it works for him, knowing that people think he is an ahole. But you know what else he is? He’s not Hillary. And that is all I care about.

That said, I have no doubt that he loves our military, law enforcement, etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:35:44 pm by guido911 » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2618 on: February 07, 2018, 10:45:27 pm »

You’re prior military. Haven’t you ever marched in parade? It’s a lot of fun, and a chance to feel appreciated and for others to appreciate you.

As for the others griping, go read the title of Ace’s article I posted. It’s fitting for you.

Dress uniforms and marching anywhere was not my thing.  I liked my technical job (Aviation Electronics Tech).

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2619 on: February 07, 2018, 11:01:26 pm »

It’s his gimmick, and that’s who he is. Apparently it works for him, knowing that people think he is an ahole. But you know what else he is? He’s not Hillary. And that is all I care about.

I think you are terribly misled about Trump's motivations and what/who he really cares about.

I think he cares as much about our military and law enforcement as it serves his purposes because that's how he's always rolled.  If he thinks he's being wrongly accused of something he doesn't seem to love law enforcement so much.  Last I checked the FBI is part of our law enforcement system, yes?  Other than the military protecting his global business interests, please explain how he demonstrates love for the military?  In my mind, GW Bush and his father are the last two Presidents who truly cared about the military.  Take a look at GW's record in trying to help vets and disabled vets and I think you will see that Trump lags far behind because he lacks the ability to truly care about anyone but The Donald.

You also keep forgetting he was always a close buddy with the Clintons as long as it served his purposes, pretty much the way the Clintons have always treated others:  As long as they suit their purposes, they are in.  Well, except the Clintons ostensibly went to the extremes of assuring some people committed suicide or went missing when they no longer served a purpose and Trump just fires them on a reality series but I digress.  Grin

President Trump is not vastly different than Hillary so I'm not sure why you can sit there and think: "He's not Hillary" means he's any sort of great leader.  I think he represents how broken our two party system is.  Trump is the sort of person who isn't near as concerned about how the country is doing as a whole as the fact that he's now covered 24/7 in virtually every media outlet around the globe.  A great gig for a megalomaniac like him.  I'm sure Kim Jong Un lays awake at night wondering how he could be so lucky.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:20:49 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2620 on: February 08, 2018, 07:25:11 am »

Saw that Trump’s approval rating is higher than what Obama’s was at the same point of their presidencies. Not that I care, or even believe it. But I just wanted to deflate and depress the sore losers in here—you know who you are.

Come on Mueller. Do something. You’re our only hope.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2621 on: February 08, 2018, 08:59:05 am »

Which is why he insults, denigrates, dismisses, and disparages, them so much of the time.   Well, yeah, granted...he also does that to all people of color, too...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2622 on: February 08, 2018, 09:31:42 am »

No, I'm not former military. I'm a retired marijuana addled old hippie in a tie-dyed t-shirt and bell bottom jeans. I have nothing against the military - except for the unconscionable amount of money we spend on them - and I have no objections to a military parade. I do object to such a parade being used to highlight Trump's over sized ego. But I don't see any means of preventing that.

I listened to "The Guns of August" an audio book about the first month of WW1. There were monumental blunders on both sides and it's sheer chance that the war didn't turn out differently. In truth, it shaped much of the 20th century. It worries me that the arrogance, hubris, and obstinancy that lead to industrialized warfare is just as prevalent now as it was then. Trump has that in spades.

I thought there was someone else other than RA and Artist. I mean, with all the "Trump's a traitor" and "evil Russia" stuff flying around in this place I could have sworn there were more people that actually stood up to tyranny. There was a word used back in the day..what was it. Oh I remember, "chickenhawk". That's right. Seems to have been lost in this forum.

As for Trump and "warfare", not sure which war he has started. I do know Russia has not invaded anyone lately (like what happened under that p&ssy Obama), and that "JV" ISIS is nearly wiped off the planet. But Trump gets no credit I suppose, because he says mean things on twitter.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:37:28 am by guido911 » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2623 on: February 08, 2018, 11:05:33 am »

I thought there was someone else other than RA and Artist. I mean, with all the "Trump's a traitor" and "evil Russia" stuff flying around in this place I could have sworn there were more people that actually stood up to tyranny.

You used to stand up to Mary Failin.  What happened to that person?

On another note, look who's the voice of reason now:

George W. Bush on immigrants: 'We ought to say thank you and welcome them'

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2624 on: February 08, 2018, 11:13:19 am »

As for Trump and "warfare", not sure which war he has started. I do know Russia has not invaded anyone lately (like what happened under that p&ssy Obama), and that "JV" ISIS is nearly wiped off the planet. But Trump gets no credit I suppose, because he says mean things on twitter.

Good to see that you keep up with what has been going on in the world...since ISIS fight started for real in 2014.  And was 98% to the place where it is today by the time Trump took office....thanks to Obama.  The guy who actually went after Osama Bin Laden.  And got him.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org