A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:15:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454810 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2580 on: February 06, 2018, 06:41:20 pm »

Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) criticized President Trump to his face on Tuesday for saying he would “love to see a shutdown” during a meeting with lawmakers and administration officials.
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/372580-gop-lawmaker-criticizes-trump-to-his-face-for-inviting-shutdown

How many times does this make where Trump cheered on government shutdowns? 

How many shutdowns did Trump cause?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2581 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:54 pm »

Who wants naked pictures of President Trump? Democrat Adam Schiff does! Spank bank stuff for ol bugged eyes?   

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2582 on: February 06, 2018, 06:44:20 pm »

Not to quibble with the overall argument, but 1968 is the high point in US history?

- Vietnam: Tet Offensive, Mai Lai, generally anti-war protests everywhere...
- Nixon Elected
- MLK shot
- Robert Kennedy shot

Generally,  I think of the years between about 1967-1975 as years the US managed simply to survive through.

I think he means that the minimum wage was at it's highest relative value. Worth the equivalent of $8.68 in 2016 dollars.

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/04/5-facts-about-the-minimum-wage/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2583 on: February 06, 2018, 08:18:41 pm »

Not to quibble with the overall argument, but 1968 is the high point in US history?

- Vietnam: Tet Offensive, Mai Lai, generally anti-war protests everywhere...
- Nixon Elected
- MLK shot
- Robert Kennedy shot

Generally,  I think of the years between about 1967-1975 as years the US managed simply to survive through.

Really??   Yeah, I have talked about most of that stuff previously. 

And I know you understand context better than that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2584 on: February 06, 2018, 08:27:50 pm »

I think he means that the minimum wage was at it's highest relative value. Worth the equivalent of $8.68 in 2016 dollars.

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/04/5-facts-about-the-minimum-wage/

https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=1.60&year1=196801&year2=201712

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2585 on: February 06, 2018, 08:30:32 pm »

such a whiney assed b!tch.  Calls those who didn't applaud for him at the SOTU treasonous and unAmerican.  And NOW he wants a military parade.  Who does that sound like to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1amVK_5ztQ

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2586 on: February 06, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »

such a whiney assed b!tch.  Calls those who didn't applaud for him at the SOTU treasonous and unAmerican.  And NOW he wants a military parade.  Who does that sound like to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1amVK_5ztQ

Oh I dunno, Pinochet, Hitler, Stalin, the Uns of NORK, Caesar, Musslolini...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2587 on: February 06, 2018, 10:42:14 pm »

Oh I dunno, Pinochet, Hitler, Stalin, the Uns of NORK, Caesar, Musslolini...
...Or President George H.W. Bush. Or the parades I marched in.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2588 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:28 am »

For real people. The government is potentially spying (I am being generous) on American citizens everyday and this is what we are concerned about.

Ever been to an air show, Fleet Week, Blue Angels, and pretty much any military town around the 4th of July. Yes, we do "do this" all the time. All be it recently many of the air shows have been reduced or eliminated due to budget cuts.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
rebound
City Father

« Reply #2589 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:51 am »

For real people. The government is potentially spying (I am being generous) on American citizens everyday and this is what we are concerned about.

Ever been to an air show, Fleet Week, Blue Angels, and pretty much any military town around the 4th of July. Yes, we do "do this" all the time. All be it recently many of the air shows have been reduced or eliminated due to budget cuts.

If I may, "yeah, but..."

We DO have military parades, and (rightly) other events that both show our military strength and highlight and show appreciation for our armed forces.  And that is great.  The difference - and I think you understand it - is why Trump is calling for it.  Trump is, and has always been, about visceral personal power.  It's evident in his "treason" comments, and this call for a parade in Washington.  It's not about Country, it's about him.

But in the end, I agree with you.  This parade isn't going to happen, and we have much more important things to worry about, like Russian involvement in our elections... 

Sorry, just being a smart-@$$ on that last one.  Couldn't resist.  Wink

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2590 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:38 am »

Who wants naked pictures of President Trump? Democrat Adam Schiff does! Spank bank stuff for ol bugged eyes?

Russia offers illegally hacked emails to the Trump campaign, and Trumpers respond "great news!" and set up meetings.

Adam Schiff is offered naked photos of Trump and calls the House Intelligence Committee and the FBI.

Can you see the difference? No, of course you can't because MAGA!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:02:43 pm by swake » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2591 on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:54 am »

But in the end, I agree with you.  This parade isn't going to happen, and we have much more important things to worry about, like Russian involvement in our elections... 

Sorry, just being a smart-@$$ on that last one.  Couldn't resist.  Wink

And yet, in your smart-a$$ - ness, you managed to accurately convey a vast world of truth.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #2592 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:49 pm »

Nonono   asparagus swears that 1.60 inflation adjusted is $15...   Not almost $12.

Mode importantly, no one ever claimed minimum wage was meant to be a long term career choice.  I don't believe that minimum wage was ever supposed to be a "living wage."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:51:48 pm by TeeDub » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2593 on: February 07, 2018, 02:23:13 pm »

...Or President George H.W. Bush. Or the parades I marched in.

I dunno, I can picture Trump with his reviewing stand, Howitzers, tanks, etc.

When President Ego mentions a military parade, it takes on a different connotation in my mind than for any other leader we've had.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2594 on: February 07, 2018, 02:40:43 pm »

I dunno, I can picture Trump with his reviewing stand, Howitzers, tanks, etc.

When President Ego mentions a military parade, it takes on a different connotation in my mind than for any other leader we've had.

holy Sh!t! President Ego? That guy left last year. Even that clown Brazile agrees.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gen-politics/donna-brazile-criticizes-barack-obama-titanic-ego-her-new-book/hyIMZUKrZlev9X58YkReDP/amp.html

But I like your passive aggressiveness. 

And on the subject of parades, the title of this from Ace nails it:

http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=373762

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org