A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:45:49 pm
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1469030 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #2460 on: January 21, 2018, 08:43:48 pm »

I don't make any excuses for Trump.   There are times I wish he would keep his mouth shut, but that isn't his style.   It wasn't before the election and I can't imagine he would change now.

It just amuses me how the liberal media is so up in arms about any potential indiscretion he has ever done.   I have had to give up late night television (especially Saturday Night Live) due to the fact there is no comedy there anymore, just Trump bashing.   If the same thing happened during any other president, I sure can't remember it....

As for his decisions... 

Most of them I can't say I have real issues with and some I even benefit from.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2461 on: January 21, 2018, 08:55:48 pm »

I don't make any excuses for Trump.   There are times I wish he would keep his mouth shut, but that isn't his style.   It wasn't before the election and I can't imagine he would change now.

It just amuses me how the liberal media is so up in arms about any potential indiscretion he has ever done.   I have had to give up late night television (especially Saturday Night Live) due to the fact there is no comedy there anymore, just Trump bashing.   If the same thing happened during any other president, I sure can't remember it....

As for his decisions... 

Most of them I can't say I have real issues with and some I even benefit from.

It's because any other previous president hasn't given the late night talk shows/comedy shows so much material as this one does.  He's literally a reality TV show star.  With some serious flaws.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2462 on: January 22, 2018, 09:15:38 am »

It's because any other previous president hasn't given the late night talk shows/comedy shows so much material as this one does.  He's literally a reality TV show star.  With some serious flaws.

Coupled with lazy writers...yes, this was bound to occur. Trump has also ushered in an era where it is totally normal for people to insert politics into virtually every aspect of our lives.

Consider the most memorable skits in the Will Ferrell era (my prime viewing years, I honestly haven't watched much since). Celebrity Jeopardy, cowbell, Harry Carry, the cheerleaders, and the one where he plays the keyboard with that other strange looking woman. It was commentary on ALL of society. They had nothing to do with politics. But now, politics is not only a big story, it seems to be the only story. I'm sure the collision of politics and entertainment (electing a TV personality) helped usher that in.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2463 on: January 22, 2018, 09:21:42 am »

I'm sure he is a pervy old man as are many that serve us all, however at least do yourself a favor and present some verifiable events as evidence of such. Otherwise you, again, are no better than the Faux News style of news that you are projecting all over the f'ing place.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2016/oct/18/allegations-about-donald-trump-and-miss-teen-usa-c/

As for me, it's just a hunch based on his lifestyle choices. And considering how Hollywood is exploding right now, I'm sure Trump truly is "par" for the course, so to say. And as much as Hollywood and D.C. are so intertwined, I am not the least bit surprised that we have elected officials less the stellar records when it comes to morals. Unfortunately we aren't exactly presented with an alternative that often. At least Trump isn't a hypocrite when it comes to his lifestyle. At no point as he ever tried to paint himself as the righteous one or something like that.

Ivanka says, "Yeah, he does that..."

And Trump bragged about it - how bizarre is that when you don't even believe your own guy??

And did you even read your own post??  They said they don't rate it - offering no evidence or proof it didn't happen.  Since it was also with the older ladies in the Miss USA saying similar things, what do YOU think he did??   Want him doing that to your daughter/sister/wife??   Some do, so gotta ask...

There are several who say the same things, and even Trump admits to it, so yeah, I do believe he did what he said he did!

And since he doesn't try to paint himself as "righteous", you are ok with the degree of unrighteousness.  Goes again, as I have said many times, to perspective - it is the old "mote in one's eye versus the beam in the other's eye".  You prefer the beam to the mote as evidenced by your support of unrighteousness.

Again - there IS a difference between cheaters and molesters.  One is consensual, while the other is criminal.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2464 on: January 22, 2018, 09:26:33 am »

When in the you know what have I ever said or impliled either of those things above which you claim I did?

So instead of actually addressing the points made - because deep because deep down inside, you know they are all true - you stutter, stagger-step, and dance around, then call names.  Classic I don't know pancakes method.

I suggested what Bush did was better than the tactic that Clinton did. Nothing more, nothing less. I credited Bush with being more of a man about it. Just an opinion. No where (ever) did I ever claim the things you say I did.

Again, ignore, misquote, misread, distracted and misguided.

Still waiting.  Still not hearing any thoughts about how the facts that have been shown over the years are not real. 

Say something about waterboarding if you want some credibility.  Tell us how you justify war crimes.  Or even something simple like trying to tell us how it isn't a violation of Federal law, US military law, and Treaty law.

Instead we get the above.... you make the point for me.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2465 on: January 22, 2018, 09:28:54 am »

Still waiting.  Still not hearing any thoughts about how the facts that have been shown over the years are not real.  

Say something about waterboarding if you want some credibility.  Tell us how you justify war crimes.  Or even something simple like trying to tell us how it isn't a violation of Federal law, US military law, and Treaty law.

Instead we get the above.... you make the point for me.

We were talking about the stand up nature of previous president vs our current...whatever. You dissed on Bush for "war crimes". I made the point as to how I thought it was an improvement over his predecessor.

You make some smile up and act indignant. It's your shtick I know. I think I've hit all the points. Not sure what you are waiting on an answer on. I never denied Bush/Chaney were integral in the torture of war criminals. Only made the point that is was an improvement over Clinton era choices.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2466 on: January 22, 2018, 09:33:54 am »

Ivanka says, "Yeah, he does that..."

And Trump bragged about it - how bizarre is that when you don't even believe your own guy??

He's not my guy, and I'm just trying to help you out. In my mind even Trump isn't powerful enough to get by with some of the stuff that he is claimed to have done. He's still a dirty old man. No denying. I'm just trying to help you out by keeping you from becoming the Faux News type spouter you claim to disdain.  

And did you even read your own post??  They said they don't rate it - offering no evidence or proof it didn't happen.  Since it was also with the older ladies in the Miss USA saying similar things, what do YOU think he did??   Want him doing that to your daughter/sister/wife??   Some do, so gotta ask...

I did read. They regurgitated hearsay, and were not even willing to put their less than stellar record on the line on that one. Not saying he is innocent does not equal guilty, and vice versa. I'm willing to hold out as well, as I've seen other people railroaded with similar claims. It's the Faux News way you know.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2467 on: January 22, 2018, 09:37:51 am »

We were talking about the stand up nature of previous president vs our current...whatever. You dissed on Bush for "war crimes". I made the point as to how I thought it was an improvement over his predecessor.

You make some smile up and act indignant. I think I've hit all the points. Not sure what you are waiting on an answer on. I never denied Bush/Chaney were integral in the torture of war criminals. Only made the point that is was an improvement over Clinton era choices.

Whew!   What a load.   Again, same song, second verse....

Say something about waterboarding if you want some credibility.  Tell us how you justify war crimes.  Or even something simple like trying to tell us how it isn't a violation of Federal law, US military law, and Treaty law.

And how is it YOU justify war crimes?

Your comment about Bush being an improvement over predecessor.   Your words.  How does that not show you are more concerned about Billy Bob doing something maybe a half dozen times but excuse Baby Bush for doing it over 150 times?  

It's wrong no matter who did it.  

https://www.aclu.org/other/fact-sheet-extraordinary-rendition

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2468 on: January 22, 2018, 09:43:00 am »

Whew!   What a load.   Again, same song, second verse....

And how is it YOU justify war crimes?

Your comment about Bush being an improvement over predecessor.   Your words.  How does that not show you are more concerned about Billy Bob doing something maybe a half dozen times but excuse Baby Bush for doing it over 150 times?  

It's wrong no matter who did it.  

https://www.aclu.org/other/fact-sheet-extraordinary-rendition

Again, when did I justify torture? Why do I need to support something I never supported in the first place. Straw Man. Move on. I only made the point that what Clinton did was politically expedient and cowardly in my book. My opinion didn't matter a whole hell of a lot. We were going to do it anyway.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:46:14 am by erfalf » Logged

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2469 on: January 22, 2018, 09:49:45 am »

I will say this of Trump, he made Mattis the Sec of Defense, who I believe is anti-torture in any circumstance. I could be wrong, but some comments he has made lead me to that conclusion. So take that for whatever it's worth.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2470 on: January 22, 2018, 09:50:05 am »

He's not my guy, and I'm just trying to help you out. In my mind even Trump isn't powerful enough to get by with some of the stuff that he is claimed to have done. He's still a dirty old man. No denying. I'm just trying to help you out by keeping you from becoming the Faux News type spouter you claim to disdain.  

I did read. They regurgitated hearsay, and were not even willing to put their less than stellar record on the line on that one. Not saying he is innocent does not equal guilty, and vice versa. I'm willing to hold out as well, as I've seen other people railroaded with similar claims. It's the Faux News way you know.

Not powerful enough to get away with his admitted behavior?  

Or the results of court actions where he paid off big fines for violations of Federal housing law?

Or the testimony and lawsuits of so many contractors, workers, and people he has cheated out of money he owed them?

Or how he ridiculed handicapped people?   Out of his own mouth and actions...

Or disparaged our POW's as cowards?   Again, out of his own mouth...

Or called our General's stupid?   Again, out of his own mouth....

Or all the massive pile of carp he has spewed about all the "other" races in the world.  Well, except for Norwegians, of course...

These are NOT just, "stuff that he is claimed to have done."   This is stuff that he has done and has been verified by court results, massive amounts of verification by people he has done to, and by his own mouth and actions.

I guess it's good that you get the feeling that you get something positive out of it.  Most people in this country don't.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2471 on: January 22, 2018, 09:56:31 am »

And another addition, after 8 years of Obama and all the changes/eliminations he made regarding torture, rendition is still not banned from the US playbook. I am by no means implying Obama abused it, as there is no evidence of such a thing occurring, however, I just thought it odd that a major loophole like this was left open.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2472 on: January 22, 2018, 09:59:10 am »

Not powerful enough to get away with his admitted behavior?  

Or the results of court actions where he paid off big fines for violations of Federal housing law?

Or the testimony and lawsuits of so many contractors, workers, and people he has cheated out of money he owed them?

Or how he ridiculed handicapped people?   Out of his own mouth and actions...

Or disparaged our POW's as cowards?   Again, out of his own mouth...

Or called our General's stupid?   Again, out of his own mouth....

Or all the massive pile of carp he has spewed about all the "other" races in the world.  Well, except for Norwegians, of course...

These are NOT just, "stuff that he is claimed to have done."   This is stuff that he has done and has been verified by court results, massive amounts of verification by people he has done to, and by his own mouth and actions.

I guess it's good that you get the feeling that you get something positive out of it.  Most people in this country don't.

heiron's response to anything good that may have happaned that could possibly no matter how tiny be linked to anything Trump did.

But, but, but...look at all these things that make him a terrible person. JUST LOOK AT THEM I GAVE A TON OF EXAMPLES AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Distraction, derangement, and hyperventilation are no way to make a point.

Audios for today!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2473 on: January 22, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

Again, when did I justify torture? Why do I need to support something I never supported in the first place. Straw Man. Move on. I only made the point that what Clinton did was politically expedient and cowardly in my book. My opinion didn't matter a whole hell of a lot. We were going to do it anyway.

The most recent specific question was; "How does that not show you are more concerned about Billy Bob doing something maybe a half dozen times but excuse Baby Bush for doing it over 150 times."

And an invitation to talk about waterboarding - a form of torture specifically prohibited by various laws.  You continue to spew that Bush was better in that than Clinton on torture when the proof is absolutely opposite that.

Your quote;
"My opinion didn't matter a whole hell of a lot. We were going to do it anyway."

So that is your cop out on the whole subject of torture??  I get the feeling, and correct me if I am wrong, that you voted for Bush or at least supported him for election.   If so, then yes, your opinion DID matter.  And yes, you did condone and were complicit in the acts.  As was everyone else who supported and voted for Bush.  Especially in his second election after we knew beyond any doubt that he was the "buck stops here" guy for torture and war crimes.

As for your disparagement about my use of the term "war crimes" - another specific question - what exactly is it YOU call the actions committed by US after 9/11 in terms of waterboarding, etc??  

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2474 on: January 22, 2018, 10:01:55 am »

heiron's response to anything good that may have happaned that could possibly no matter how tiny be linked to anything Trump did.

But, but, but...look at all these things that make him a terrible person. JUST LOOK AT THEM I GAVE A TON OF EXAMPLES AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Distraction, derangement, and hyperventilation are no way to make a point.

Audios for today!

Fake Fox News reply.

I keep asking for specific answers to specific questions.  You keep avoiding.  

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:03:46 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org