A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:44:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454799 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2160 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:35 am »

But the felony charge leveled last week wasn't for firing Comey, now was it?  At best, we have Michael Flynn obstructing justice for lying to the FBI, that's not the same as POTUS Trump doing so.

All we have seen so far is lying to the FBI.  And Comey conviction.  There is a process going on here that is amazingly opaque so far.  Mueller is building on small brick at a time.  Will take time, but he is no where near done.  And it seems he has some very strong backers in the system somewhere - maybe Congress, maybe elsewhere....hard to say.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2161 on: December 05, 2017, 02:13:37 am »

And finally, It's a safe bet Reagan's diplomatic team didn't convince Tehran to release the hostages in 1981 in a matter of hours of him taking office.  I suspect if we go further back to 1968, Nixon's transition team was probably very much involved in active diplomacy since we had a war going on in Asia.

That has been well documented for decades.  Iran was ready to release the hostages for weeks ahead of the election, but intentionally held off just to get Carter out of office.  They knew they could get Reagan to do "business", and they were right.  Money for hostages.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2162 on: December 05, 2017, 02:15:34 am »

I think Trump would lie even when the truth sounds better.

#shitshow

Just like Nixon - if either ever told the truth, they would have to immediately follow up with a lie just to keep their hand in the game....

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2163 on: December 05, 2017, 04:34:14 am »

Can't "blame" Dems for this investigation - Comey and Mueller are long time, died in the wool Repubes.  Comey actively helped Trump get elected - and see what his reward was...

Unwittingly likely. That's some pretty interesting perspective you have working here this morning.

The only evidence that Mueller is a Republican is that he said he was registered as such while he was being selected by a Republican president. However, he has this strange habit of hiring Democrats at every turn to fill positions in his teams. It's a Red Herring and you more than anyone knows this.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2164 on: December 05, 2017, 08:39:22 am »

The only evidence that Mueller is a Republican is that he said he was registered as such while he was being selected by a Republican president. However, he has this strange habit of hiring Democrats at every turn to fill positions in his teams. It's a Red Herring and you more than anyone knows this.

Are you saying the red herring is the "Mueller is biased" argument?    Or are you buying in to the argument that the reason Muellers team is making such progress is that his team is biased?   Or are yous saying the team needs to be more biased?  Everyone seemed to approve of him until he started doing his job and it looked like there was actually something to be concerned about.  And lets not forget, the reason we have an independent counsel is because the FBI director was fired (after declining a loyalty pledge and being asked if he could drop the investigation), the Attorney General was fired (after warning the administration that Flynn had issues with Russia), and the new attorney general was caught "forgetting" about meetings with the Russia ambassador and then "mis-remembering" the nature of those meetings, so he had to recuse. 

But that's all old news...

We just learned that the White House Deputy national Security adviser, who testified she "was not aware" of Flynn contacting the Russian ambassador, might not have been entirely accurate in her testimony to Congress.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/politics/kt-mcfarland-flynn-russia-emails-congressional-testimony.html

That's to say nothing of the filing to have Trump's campaign manager's bond revoked because he allegedly just can't help himself working with Russians... in this case people the US intelligence community thinks has ties to Russian Intelligence.  Oops.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/prosecutors-say-longtime-manafort-colleague-has-ties-to-russian-intelligence/2017/12/04/201ae098-d93e-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.d1920f1258a8

Every. Dang. Day.  I'd go weeks without hearing about Presidents Obama or Bush. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.  How can so many members of the team continue to get caught lying about connections to Russia?  Did you learn nothing from Bill Clinton - he should have just said "Yes, I had inappropriate relations with a women that was not my wife.  [insert platitudes of regret here]" and moved on. If there is nothing to the "Russia" thing, can we please not have to pluck the lies out one at a time over months and months and month?  Or, at this point, are they committed?

I miss when the liberals hated Bush because Cheney controlled his mind and wanted to turn mid eastern blood into oil so he could power whatever replaced his heart  and the conservatives hated Obama because he was a radical Islamic terrorist born in Kenya who ate nothing but Kale... or whatever.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2165 on: December 05, 2017, 08:52:26 am »

I can forgive all the rest of Obama's myriad sins, the FEMA camps on Mars, the federal takeover of Texas to convert it to an islamic republic, but not the kale. No way. Not ever.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2166 on: December 05, 2017, 10:07:20 am »

Unwittingly likely. That's some pretty interesting perspective you have working here this morning.

You mean that idiotic Gateway Pundit list that has every person that works for Mueller on it if they are a Democrat, have ever donated to a Democrat, worked for a Democrat, defended an Obama policy as part of their job, investigated a Republican or someone Trump knows or even if they have a foreign sounding name?

Yeah, that's really legit. And racist.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/muellers-firing-of-anti-trumper-doesnt-add-up-his-entire-team-is-anti-trump-whats-real-reason/

• Robert Mueller – Special Counsel Team leader.  — Best friend to fired leaker James Comey a key witness in the case and cohort at the FBI in assisting Mueller to enable the Clintons to get away with their many crimes.
    Rush Atkinson, an attorney on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section at the Department of Justice
    — Donated $200 to Clinton in 2016
    Peter Carr – DOJ spokesman under Barack Obama.
    Andrew Goldstein, a public corruption prosecutor on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York — Worked under Trump-basher Preet Bharara in the liberal New York southern district.
    Adam Jed, an appellate attorney on detail from DOJ’s Civil Division.   —  Defended Obamacare at the DOJ.
    Lisa Page, an attorney on detail from the FBI’s Office of the General Counsel and a former trial attorney with the Criminal Division’s Organized Crime and Gang Section –  Investigated Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash, a one-time business partner of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, at the DOJ.
    Elizabeth Prelogar, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General.  -Fluent in Russian; former law clerk to Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
    James Quarles, a former partner at WilmerHale and a former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.  –Former assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
    Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at WilmerHale who has served in the Office of Legal Counsel at DOJ and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.  — Rhee is a Clinton Foundation Lawyer and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Office of Legal Counsel under Barack Obama.
    Brandon Van Grack, an attorney on detail from the Justice Department’s National Security Division.
    — Led a grand jury inquiry in Northern Virginia scrutinizing former Trump associate Michael Flynn’s foreign lobbying.
    Andrew Weissmann, who is on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section and who has served as general counsel at the FBI and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York.  — Weissmann donated $2,300 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, $2,000 to the DNC in 2006 and at least $2,300 to the Clinton campaign in 2007.
    Aaron Zebley, a former partner at WilmerHale who has previously served with Mueller at the FBI and has served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia.  — Worked with Robert Mueller at the WilmerHale firm.
    Aaron Zelinsky, an attorney on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Maryland.  — Worked under Assistant AG Rod Rosenstein in Maryland.
    Zainab Ahmad, a top national security prosecutor on detail from U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.
    Michael Dreeben, an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General, described by former colleagues as one of the brightest criminal law experts of the past two generations.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:10:33 am by swake » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2167 on: December 05, 2017, 10:11:29 am »

Are you saying the red herring is the "Mueller is biased" argument?    Or are you buying in to the argument that the reason Muellers team is making such progress is that his team is biased?   Or are yous saying the team needs to be more biased?  Everyone seemed to approve of him until he started doing his job and it looked like there was actually something to be concerned about.  And lets not forget, the reason we have an independent counsel is because the FBI director was fired (after declining a loyalty pledge and being asked if he could drop the investigation), the Attorney General was fired (after warning the administration that Flynn had issues with Russia), and the new attorney general was caught "forgetting" about meetings with the Russia ambassador and then "mis-remembering" the nature of those meetings, so he had to recuse. 

But that's all old news...

We just learned that the White House Deputy national Security adviser, who testified she "was not aware" of Flynn contacting the Russian ambassador, might not have been entirely accurate in her testimony to Congress.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/politics/kt-mcfarland-flynn-russia-emails-congressional-testimony.html

That's to say nothing of the filing to have Trump's campaign manager's bond revoked because he allegedly just can't help himself working with Russians... in this case people the US intelligence community thinks has ties to Russian Intelligence.  Oops.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/prosecutors-say-longtime-manafort-colleague-has-ties-to-russian-intelligence/2017/12/04/201ae098-d93e-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.d1920f1258a8

Every. Dang. Day.  I'd go weeks without hearing about Presidents Obama or Bush. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.  How can so many members of the team continue to get caught lying about connections to Russia?  Did you learn nothing from Bill Clinton - he should have just said "Yes, I had inappropriate relations with a women that was not my wife.  [insert platitudes of regret here]" and moved on. If there is nothing to the "Russia" thing, can we please not have to pluck the lies out one at a time over months and months and month?  Or, at this point, are they committed?

I miss when the liberals hated Bush because Cheney controlled his mind and wanted to turn mid eastern blood into oil so he could power whatever replaced his heart  and the conservatives hated Obama because he was a radical Islamic terrorist born in Kenya who ate nothing but Kale... or whatever.

The Red Herring part is claiming he is a Republican as if that somehow forces him to turn a blind eye to Republican wrongs, but Trump is just so wrong he can't. The fact that he may or may not be a Republican is immaterial to pretty much anything we are talking about.

And, swake, the lead investigator was just canned, due to him being a touch to partisan, something mind you, that the special counsel tried their best to be secretive about. You never seem to be able to connect the dots when it runs counter to your world view. And you do realize that political contributions are public record? It's not some conspiracy theory to publish that sort of thing.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2168 on: December 05, 2017, 10:14:29 am »

The Red Herring part is claiming he is a Republican as if that somehow forces him to turn a blind eye to Republican wrongs, but Trump is just so wrong he can't. The fact that he may or may not be a Republican is immaterial to pretty much anything we are talking about.

And, swake, the lead investigator was just canned, due to him being a touch to partisan, something mind you, that the special counsel tried their best to be secretive about. You never seem to be able to connect the dots when it runs counter to your world view. And you do realize that political contributions are public record? It's not some conspiracy theory to publish that sort of thing.

he wasn't the lead investigator, that' Mueller, and he wasn't even on the team very long, he was hired in late July and was fired sometime in the summer immediately when the email was discovered. That is actually the reverse of showing the team is biased.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2169 on: December 05, 2017, 10:17:40 am »

Oh, and Eric, here in the real world it's being reported today by the liberal hacks the BBC that Mueller has subpoenaed information on Trump's personal bank accounts with Germany's Deutsche Bank.

Trump himself is in Mueller's crosshairs in multiple ways.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42240588
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2170 on: December 05, 2017, 10:36:29 am »

Oh, and Eric, here in the real world it's being reported today by the liberal hacks the BBC that Mueller has subpoenaed information on Trump's personal bank accounts with Germany's Deutsche Bank.

Trump himself is in Mueller's crosshairs in multiple ways.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42240588

Straw Man. When have I ever said Mueller wasn't investigating Trump?

The team kept the info private despite requests from oversight committee. They demand cooperation, yet fail to do it when it suits them. Why the delay if it was all on the up and up. Think they may suffer from the same lie when the truth will suit you disease that Flynn appears to suffer from.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2171 on: December 05, 2017, 10:44:19 am »

Straw Man. When have I ever said Mueller wasn't investigating Trump?

Talk about strawmen, where exactly did I claim you said Mueller wasn't investigating Trump?
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #2172 on: December 05, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

Talk about strawmen, where exactly did I claim you said Mueller wasn't investigating Trump?

You said I wasn't thinking in the real world, and then followed by making a point to say that Mueller is looking directly into Trump. How was I supposed to take that?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2173 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:55 am »

You said I wasn't thinking in the real world, and then followed by making a point to say that Mueller is looking directly into Trump. How was I supposed to take that?

more that in your world with a vibrant pink sky the FBI and Mueller's team are full of partisan hacks out to unfairly get Trump on fake Russia charges when he's done no wrong. Sarah Huckabee Sanders isn't as true a believer as you are.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2174 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:56 pm »

"The only evidence that Mueller is a Republican is that he said he was registered as such..."

Do you listen to yourself when you write this stuff??    How can you twist yourself into such shapes without doing serious bodily damage trying to rationalize and justify your blind belief in Trump??

As we have gone on about before - I don't have to form opinion, listen to any third party, or even try to make stuff up.  I listen to Trump's own voice - and yeah, in spite of him admitting it was him and now trying to say it wasn't his voice, it really was Trump's voice.   Not just with Billy Bush, but also at "news" conference, on Howard Stern, and various other venues where he has admitted to crimes, sexual molestation, pedophilia, ridicule of handicapped people, and calling our POW's cowards.  And yeah, I also understand that the Minion Brigade have no moral compass nor ethical guide, since they will continue to support him no matter what bad behavior he exhibits. 

In much the same way, if Mueller himself admits that he is a Republican, then who am I to disagree with him??  He is a Republican.  And if I were to 'guess', I would bet that he is more closely a real Republican than most minions - and the RWRE...!!  Unlike Trump minions who insist on NOT believing Trump himself when he says these things.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org