A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454877 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1935 on: November 04, 2017, 11:30:02 pm »

Blinded by butt-hurt?

Trump is about the most un-presidential person we could have in office.  They guy has no sense of dignity, no scruples, and I think he'd tell a lie even when the truth sounded better. This is a guy who spent his lifetime gaming the system to his own personal advantage.  While I've seen corporate administrators turn out to be really good public servants, the same cannot be said for Trump.  There's a lot of stuff he could do outside the public eye with his business empire he simply cannot do as an elected official.  His whole administration has been nothing short of a clown show.  The guy makes Jiminy Carter look like a fantastic POTUS.

Yes. Blinded by butt-hurt. Didn't think I stuttered. And it's a good thing I don't care if he acts presidential or not. Or if you like him or not.

I don't really care any more when it comes to the presidency EXCEPT this: It's not Hillary. Sure I can be happy that we have a president that is pro-life on the abortion issue--which is the only issue I really vote on. And that he will do his best to unwind all of Obama's pro-abortion crap. Anything else Trump does that drives the dems crazy like his Education secretary, naming Pruitt to head the EPA, approving oil pipelines, etc. is just something for me to sit back and enjoy.

Now, do I wish he'd ditch his twitter BS? Yep. Do I wish he'd stop picking fights with folks? Yep. I can't change that, though, and apparently it works for him so...on with the clown show.  I mean, year 1 of 8.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1936 on: November 06, 2017, 03:56:39 pm »

Yes. Blinded by butt-hurt. Didn't think I stuttered. And it's a good thing I don't care if he acts presidential or not. Or if you like him or not.

I don't really care any more when it comes to the presidency EXCEPT this: It's not Hillary. Sure I can be happy that we have a president that is pro-life on the abortion issue--which is the only issue I really vote on. And that he will do his best to unwind all of Obama's pro-abortion crap. Anything else Trump does that drives the dems crazy like his Education secretary, naming Pruitt to head the EPA, approving oil pipelines, etc. is just something for me to sit back and enjoy.

Now, do I wish he'd ditch his twitter BS? Yep. Do I wish he'd stop picking fights with folks? Yep. I can't change that, though, and apparently it works for him so...on with the clown show.  I mean, year 1 of 8.

You have ridiculously low standards for a President. I feel sad for you to defend Trump saying he ain't Hillary. There are 323.1 million other Americans who ain't Hillary and almost every one of them would be a better President than Trump. Even guido911 would be a better President.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1937 on: November 06, 2017, 04:08:25 pm »

You have ridiculously low standards for a President. I feel sad for you to defend Trump saying he ain't Hillary. There are 323.1 million other Americans who ain't Hillary and almost every one of them would be a better President than Trump. Even guido911 would be a better President.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:11:29 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1938 on: November 06, 2017, 04:39:34 pm »

Unfortunately, none of those 323.1 million people were an option last November.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1939 on: November 06, 2017, 05:56:41 pm »

Unfortunately, none of those 323.1 million people were an option last November.

Gary Johnson was.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1940 on: November 06, 2017, 06:21:56 pm »

Gary Johnson was.

Sorry, this reaction gif cracks me up...the ability to use it on two successive posts was too good to pass up.

Alternatively, this one is subject matter related:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:23:45 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #1941 on: November 06, 2017, 08:51:57 pm »

Sorry, this reaction gif cracks me up...the ability to use it on two successive posts was too good to pass up.

Alternatively, this one is subject matter related:

Admittedly Johnson had his quirks, but I'm betting 80% of the populace would rejoice we could swap Trump out for him right now.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1942 on: November 06, 2017, 11:04:32 pm »

Admittedly Johnson had his quirks, but I'm betting 80% of the populace would rejoice we could swap Trump out for him right now.

Damn straight.  He may have had a time learning world leaders, but he would have tried and not belittled everyone in the process.  I don't understand why belittling everyone seems to be a 'character trait' for some.  Pancakes.

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #1943 on: November 07, 2017, 07:59:56 am »

Damn straight.  He may have had a time learning world leaders, but he would have tried and not belittled everyone in the process.  I don't understand why belittling everyone seems to be a 'character trait' for some.  Pancakes.

Some people seem to confuse bullying with strength.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1944 on: November 07, 2017, 08:56:18 am »

Trump is a fish out of water.  Johnson is a D.C. outsider with valuable political experience.  The media sought to marginalize him at any chance and he was locked out of debates.  It would be great if third party candidates would be included in presidential debates. 

Aleppo?  Who amongst you had honestly heard of it before his gaffe when questioned about it?  I sure hadn't and it hasn't been topical ever since, anyone else notice that?

He's got his quirks alright as rebound said but I think he brought a more common sense approach to politics and leadership.  Perhaps Trump's reign will push some of his former supporters toward a third party in the 2020 election and a third party candidate will have enough popular support that organizers will allow them to participate in the major debates so people can get a feel for them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1945 on: November 07, 2017, 09:05:22 am »

Trump is a fish out of water.  Johnson is a D.C. outsider with valuable political experience.  The media sought to marginalize him at any chance and he was locked out of debates.  It would be great if third party candidates would be included in presidential debates. 

Aleppo?  Who amongst you had honestly heard of it before his gaffe when questioned about it?  I sure hadn't and it hasn't been topical ever since, anyone else notice that?

He's got his quirks alright as rebound said but I think he brought a more common sense approach to politics and leadership.  Perhaps Trump's reign will push some of his former supporters toward a third party in the 2020 election and a third party candidate will have enough popular support that organizers will allow them to participate in the major debates so people can get a feel for them.

I just don't think that a third party candidate will ever win a Presidential election until they start winning downballot to give them a little more credibility.  That's not to say I wouldn't vote for a third-party as technically in the OK primary I did vote for one (Sanders) even though he caucuses with the Dems.  Weird voting rules in primaries in various states also create problems for third parties in Presidentials.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1946 on: November 07, 2017, 09:54:48 am »

I don't need someone that knows everything the president does or how to do the job already, because no has done it before they have done it. It is a truly unique position in this country where no previous experience can perfectly prepare one for the role.

I agree many would love to have Johnson now. But we all know, going into the election he really wasn't going to be an option, because the people that hold the purse strings want to ensure the cartel is sustainable. The two major political parties are the problem. We need a different mechanism. There is no reason the race for the president should cost hundreds of millions of dollars. It's ludicrous.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1947 on: November 07, 2017, 10:03:20 am »

I just don't think that a third party candidate will ever win a Presidential election until they start winning downballot to give them a little more credibility.  That's not to say I wouldn't vote for a third-party as technically in the OK primary I did vote for one (Sanders) even though he caucuses with the Dems.  Weird voting rules in primaries in various states also create problems for third parties in Presidentials.

Personally, I think this is just an excuse.  third party and independents win elections all over the country and there's been a few IND's in recent history serving in the Senate (seems to be an upper New England thing). 

The paradigm needs to shift from a two party system which makes most people believe we have to be dependent on it.  I'd love to know what the numbers would have been if people who thought: "Johnson can't win, why would I throw away a vote?"  Change can't happen without action and I refuse to be complacent with a system which produced such sh!tty main party candidates.  You know me, if the Dems had offered someone who wasn't a tired, corrupt, re-tread I could have voted for a Democrat.  I voted for Bernie in the primary since I was locked out of GOP primary voting but not so certain I could have voted for him with Johnson as an option.  The GOP offered no one I cared for in the primaries, it seemed more like a vanity test for a bunch of big egos.

Change won't happen overnight, especially as long as people are worried their vote won't count if they vote for an underdog.  I do believe more people voted for a Libertarian than before in 2016, that is a trend which could keep picking up steam especially if the offerings of the GOP and DNC are no better than Trump or Clinton.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1948 on: November 07, 2017, 10:27:44 am »

Carter Page seems to be on a mission to send everyone to prison, including himself. How will Hope Hicks deal with prison?

And now Wilbur Ross lied about his dealings with Russia too? pancakes is going on here?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1949 on: November 07, 2017, 12:46:00 pm »

We get it CF. Trump=Bad/Russian spy/Traitor. Hillary=ignore. I mean, it wasn't like Hillary and the DNC paid for a dummied-up dossier made with the cooperation of the RUSSIANS to hit Trump. Or does that not count. Or that her foundation profited by millions and that Clenis got a cool $500K for one speech after the Uranium One deal was approved. Pshaw. coincidence.   

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452972/uranium-one-deal-obama-administration-complicit-not-just

Or that Obama got all chummy with the Russian foreign minister, telling him he would have more flexibility to work with Russia after the 2012 election.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/2012-flashback-obama-whispers-message-putin-after-my-election-ill-have-more

Or let's go further back..Teddy Kennedy actively seeking out Russian help to oust Reagan.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-the-left-longed-for-russian-political-interference

Although I find this old allegation suspect, it's enough to make this point given CF has no evidence that Trump knew anything about whatever his "coffee boy" was doing or Manafort's alleged tax cheating BEFORE he worked on the Trump campaign. Kinda left that part out CF. For shame. Maybe read the Manafort indictment next time?

I don't know how CF is going to survive the next 7 years with Trump around. But it sure has been glorious to watch the slow, disconnection from reality many in this place are going through. Blinded by such butt hurt, can't appreciate the improving economy (I can see that result) and the decrease in unemployment (if you accept those govt figures).

But there is always RUSSIA, which is to say the least amusing. I grew up in the era of fallout shelters, and was in the military in the 80s, when the Cold War was still a thing and the Soviet Union was the enemy. YOU are more freaked about Russia than I am.

Wow, talk about disconnected from reality.  Every step of the way.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org