A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455175 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1920 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:16 pm »

The only reason to hire Manafort is to collude with Russia.

Either Trump simply didn't vet him very well or Manafort has done work on behalf of Trump before in Russia or the Ukraine.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1921 on: November 02, 2017, 08:07:29 pm »

Either Trump simply didn't vet him very well or Manafort has done work on behalf of Trump before in Russia or the Ukraine.

He was a guy Trump knew (of) and I believe had a unit in his Manhattan condo building, and he knew he had worked in politics. Knowing Trump that was the end of the decision making process. Stupid I know.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1922 on: November 02, 2017, 09:47:01 pm »

He was a guy Trump knew (of) and I believe had a unit in his Manhattan condo building, and he knew he had worked in politics. Knowing Trump that was the end of the decision making process. Stupid I know.

Manafort was Trump best bud Roger Stone's ex-business partner. When Stone and Manafort worked together in the 1990s they had a murderers row of clients including Mohamed Siad Barre of Somalia, Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines, Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire, and Jonas Savimbi of Angola. So Stone knew well that after they parted ways that his friend Manafort had moved on to work for a string of Putin cronies.

That became important in early 2016. In meetings on March 14th and 21st The Russians told George Papadopoulos that they wanted to help the Trump campaign and said that they had thousands of hacked Clinton emails.  My guess is that after Papa told Lewandowski and Clovis about the Russians, Stone connected Trump up with Manafort, who was hired on March 28th, 2016.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1923 on: November 02, 2017, 10:27:02 pm »

Welp. You want collusion? You want rigging of elections? Here ya go...

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/926189366426431488

Oh boy. Had to edit this as I saw this on my twitter feed.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:24:19 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1924 on: November 03, 2017, 06:43:20 am »

Who?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1925 on: November 03, 2017, 08:14:08 am »

Can you prove your hip little meme wasn't created in St Petersburg?
Certainly follows the Russian MO.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1926 on: November 03, 2017, 08:15:29 am »

Who?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Donna+Brazile&tbm=nws
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1927 on: November 03, 2017, 08:25:12 am »

Can you prove your hip little meme wasn't created in St Petersburg?
Certainly follows the Russian MO.

Come on, they write themselves.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1928 on: November 03, 2017, 08:34:14 am »

Seriously though, Donna growing a conscious is pretty rich. Unless of course ethics only apply within the party, ie sabotaging the opposition party by feeding questions in advance is ethical.

This is info that was considered enough to sell a lot of books. I doubt Donna has honestly had some "come to Jesus" moment.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1929 on: November 03, 2017, 09:15:57 am »

Seriously though, Donna growing a conscious is pretty rich. Unless of course ethics only apply within the party, ie sabotaging the opposition party by feeding questions in advance is ethical.

This is info that was considered enough to sell a lot of books. I doubt Donna has honestly had some "come to Jesus" moment.

She sounds like a real diva.  "I screamed into the phone..."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1930 on: November 03, 2017, 11:24:02 am »

LOOK HILLARY!!1!1!!!!!  What about Hillary?  Why, oh God why, do we keep talking about the President?  What about the loser?  Stupid biased Lame Stream Media!

I'm still shocked that a prominent Democrat Party Leader and longtime Democratic Party supporters used the system within the Democratic Party to help make sure the connected Democratic Party Insider was dominate to run for the Democratic party.  Shocked I say! The two party system is incredibly flawed.  If you're saying we should move away from it, I'm on board. If your saying that the system is regularly abused by people for their own benefit, then yep.   If this distraction from Trump is supposed to minimize his actions somehow, then no.

Hillary Clinton used connections and the system to win the DNC nomination - OUTRAGE!!! Abusing the system is not tolerated.

Donald Trump had campaign staffers tasked with gaining help from Russia.  His son and campaign manager met with a Russian attorney to get help from Russia.  Campaign officials bragged about working with Russian Hackers.  He jokingly asked for favors from Russian Hackers.  Numerous Members of his office have resigned, been fired or recused. His campaign Chair was indicted for being a foreign agent. - STOP PICKING ON THE PRESIDENT!!!

Fun fact, 79% of Trumpers say he should stay in office even if it is proven that he colluded with Russia to gain power in the United States:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/357995-dem-pollster-vast-majority-of-trump-voters-say-he-should-stay-in

But we really need to deal with Hillary because reasons...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1931 on: November 03, 2017, 11:54:50 am »

Trump Doesn't 'Remember Much' About Meeting Aide Who Pleaded Guilty

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/trump-doesnt-remember-much-about-meeting-aide-who-pleaded-guilty

President Donald Trump said "I don't remember much" about a March 2016 meeting at which a foreign policy adviser proposed setting up a meeting between then-candidate Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"It was a very unimportant meeting, took place a long time ago," Trump told reporters at the White House before he boarded a helicopter for his trip to Asia.

That March 31, 2016, meeting of Trump's campaign team has taken on new importance this week after prosecutors disclosed that a young adviser at the table had pleaded guilty to making false statements about the nature of his contacts with Russians last year.

That former adviser, George Papadopoulos, has agreed to cooperate with investigators working for Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Also at the table in March 2016 was now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions. At his confirmation hearing this year, Sessions denied having contacts with Russians during the campaign. Senate Democrats including Al Franken of Minnesota, Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut have accused Sessions of lying under oath.

On Thursday, the Democrats demanded that Sessions return to the Senate to answer new questions about his contacts as a top surrogate for Trump, and contradictions in his testimony this year.

Leahy said Sessions' prior accounts are "impossible to reconcile" with court papers unsealed this week.

But Republicans, who control the Senate and the Judiciary Committee, probably have little appetite to grill the attorney general of their own political party. Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, has not scheduled any new hearing.

The criticism of Sessions is taking place at a sensitive time for the attorney general: Trump has spent the last day using Twitter and impromptu media sessions to beat up on the legal arm of his own administration.

"I"m really not involved with the Justice Department," he said on Friday morning. "I'd like to let it run itself. But honestly, they should be looking at the Democrats ... A lot of people are disappointed in the Justice Department including me."

Trump also has tweeted that he wants the DOJ and the FBI to launch an investigation into his political opponent, Hillary Clinton. He has criticized James Comey, the FBI director he fired in May under questionable circumstances.

And he urged prosecutors to take a look at Anthony Podesta, a prominent Democratic lobbyist who stepped aside from his firm, The Podesta Group, earlier this week after court documents suggested Mueller's office was investigating his work on behalf of Ukraine.

Another onetime Trump campaign leader connected to the Papadopoulos guilty plea is Sam Clovis, who denied wrongdoing but announced he would withdraw from a position at the Department of Agriculture in advance of his November 9 confirmation hearing.

The public remarks from the commander in chief break with decades-old traditions dating back to the post-Watergate period, when officials from both political parties demanded the Justice Department be insulated from political pressure from the White House.

"This isn't a partisan issue," said Matthew Axelrod, who served in the Justice Department under Democratic and Republican presidents and now works at the firm Linklaters. "Everyone who cares about the institution should be up in arms."

On Thursday, Trump told an interviewer at WMAL radio in Washington that he was "very frustrated" by constraints on his ability to influence the federal law enforcement process.

"But you know, the saddest thing is that, because I'm the president of the United States, I am not supposed to be involved with the Justice Department," Trump said. "I'm not supposed to be involved with the FBI. I'm not supposed to be doing the kind of things that I would love to be doing."

Nonetheless, Trump has continued to decry the ongoing special counsel probe as a "witch hunt," even as Mueller's team took first public actions this week. On Friday morning, Trump told reporters, "All I can tell you is this: there was no collusion, there was no nothing. It's a disgrace, frankly, that they continue."

The pattern of public statements from the president, who also called for the execution of a suspect accused in the New York City truck attack this week, does not surprise critics of his administration.

Last year, even before the election, legal analysts and Justice Department veterans warned that Trump might have little respect for the department's traditions.

But Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein this week used a lecture at the federal courthouse in Washington --the same building where Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort pleaded not guilty to conspiracy charges — to hail the president's respect for the rule of law.

In responding to audience questions, Rosenstein highlighted a case against the former police chief in Bordentown Township, New Jersey. The retired chief, Frank Nucera Jr., is accused of violating the civil rights of a black civilian, including slamming the person's head into a metal door jamb and causing a "loud thud."

Rosenstein described the prosecution as evidence of the Justice Department's commitment to prosecuting law-breaking by police.

Left unmentioned, however, was Trump's July speech in New York at which he told law enforcement officials not to go easy on suspects when they are arrested.

"Please don't be too nice," the president said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/donald-trump-memory/index.html

"Later, pointing to his head, he added: "One of the great memories of all time.""

Before heading to a Dallas fundraiser, Trump spoke to the press about a wide variety of subjects including his own intellect. "People don't understand, I went to an Ivy League college. I was a nice student," Trump said. "I did very well. I'm a very intelligent person."
Later, pointing to his head, he added: "One of the great memories of all time."
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1932 on: November 03, 2017, 02:34:47 pm »

Taking the image out just to save room, but that was pretty good.  Smiley   

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1933 on: November 03, 2017, 11:00:09 pm »

LOOK HILLARY!!1!1!!!!!  What about Hillary?  Why, oh God why, do we keep talking about the President?  What about the loser?  Stupid biased Lame Stream Media!

I'm still shocked that a prominent Democrat Party Leader and longtime Democratic Party supporters used the system within the Democratic Party to help make sure the connected Democratic Party Insider was dominate to run for the Democratic party.  Shocked I say! The two party system is incredibly flawed.  If you're saying we should move away from it, I'm on board. If your saying that the system is regularly abused by people for their own benefit, then yep.   If this distraction from Trump is supposed to minimize his actions somehow, then no.

Hillary Clinton used connections and the system to win the DNC nomination - OUTRAGE!!! Abusing the system is not tolerated.

Donald Trump had campaign staffers tasked with gaining help from Russia.  His son and campaign manager met with a Russian attorney to get help from Russia.  Campaign officials bragged about working with Russian Hackers.  He jokingly asked for favors from Russian Hackers.  Numerous Members of his office have resigned, been fired or recused. His campaign Chair was indicted for being a foreign agent. - STOP PICKING ON THE PRESIDENT!!!

Fun fact, 79% of Trumpers say he should stay in office even if it is proven that he colluded with Russia to gain power in the United States:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/357995-dem-pollster-vast-majority-of-trump-voters-say-he-should-stay-in

But we really need to deal with Hillary because reasons...

We get it CF. Trump=Bad/Russian spy/Traitor. Hillary=ignore. I mean, it wasn't like Hillary and the DNC paid for a dummied-up dossier made with the cooperation of the RUSSIANS to hit Trump. Or does that not count. Or that her foundation profited by millions and that Clenis got a cool $500K for one speech after the Uranium One deal was approved. Pshaw. coincidence.   

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452972/uranium-one-deal-obama-administration-complicit-not-just

Or that Obama got all chummy with the Russian foreign minister, telling him he would have more flexibility to work with Russia after the 2012 election.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/2012-flashback-obama-whispers-message-putin-after-my-election-ill-have-more

Or let's go further back..Teddy Kennedy actively seeking out Russian help to oust Reagan.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-the-left-longed-for-russian-political-interference

Although I find this old allegation suspect, it's enough to make this point given CF has no evidence that Trump knew anything about whatever his "coffee boy" was doing or Manafort's alleged tax cheating BEFORE he worked on the Trump campaign. Kinda left that part out CF. For shame. Maybe read the Manafort indictment next time?

I don't know how CF is going to survive the next 7 years with Trump around. But it sure has been glorious to watch the slow, disconnection from reality many in this place are going through. Blinded by such butt hurt, can't appreciate the improving economy (I can see that result) and the decrease in unemployment (if you accept those govt figures).

But there is always RUSSIA, which is to say the least amusing. I grew up in the era of fallout shelters, and was in the military in the 80s, when the Cold War was still a thing and the Soviet Union was the enemy. YOU are more freaked about Russia than I am.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1934 on: November 03, 2017, 11:08:04 pm »

We get it CF. Trump=Bad/Russian spy/Traitor. Hillary=ignore. I mean, it wasn't like Hillary and the DNC paid for a dummied-up dossier made with the cooperation of the RUSSIANS to hit Trump. Or does that not count. Or that her foundation profited by millions and that Clenis got a cool $500K for one speech after the Uranium One deal was approved. Pshaw. coincidence.  

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452972/uranium-one-deal-obama-administration-complicit-not-just

Or that Obama got all chummy with the Russian foreign minister, telling him he would have more flexibility to work with Russia after the 2012 election.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/2012-flashback-obama-whispers-message-putin-after-my-election-ill-have-more

Or let's go further back..Teddy Kennedy actively seeking out Russian help to oust Reagan.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/when-the-left-longed-for-russian-political-interference

Although I find this old allegation suspect, it's enough to make this point given CF has no evidence that Trump knew anything about whatever his "coffee boy" was doing or Manafort's alleged tax cheating BEFORE he worked on the Trump campaign. Kinda left that part out CF. For shame. Maybe read the Manafort indictment next time?

I don't know how CF is going to survive the next 7 years with Trump around. But it sure has been glorious to watch the slow, disconnection from reality many in this place are going through. Blinded by such butt hurt, can't appreciate the improving economy (I can see that result) and the decrease in unemployment (if you accept those govt figures).

But there is always RUSSIA, which is to say the least amusing. I grew up in the era of fallout shelters, and was in the military in the 80s, when the Cold War was still a thing and the Soviet Union was the enemy. YOU are more freaked about Russia than I am.

Blinded by butt-hurt?

Trump is about the most un-presidential person we could have in office.  They guy has no sense of dignity, no scruples, and I think he'd tell a lie even when the truth sounded better. This is a guy who spent his lifetime gaming the system to his own personal advantage.  While I've seen corporate administrators turn out to be really good public servants, the same cannot be said for Trump.  There's a lot of stuff he could do outside the public eye with his business empire he simply cannot do as an elected official.  His whole administration has been nothing short of a clown show.  The guy makes Jiminy Carter look like a fantastic POTUS.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:59:38 pm by Conan71 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org