A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:10:54 pm
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1464061 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1320 on: June 15, 2017, 06:56:46 am »

So the deputy AG can still fire Mueller for "just cause". I got to figure leaking smile to the press would fall in that category. Mueller is just f'ing with everyone now in my opinion. Comey's revenge. I mean how many people are in the special counsel's office? Smoke them out. Or just as likely The Post is making it up as they go along based off of who they are interviewing (which is no indication of anything really), then CNN "corroborates" it.

And I guess we have moved on from collusion?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1321 on: June 15, 2017, 08:09:51 am »

Or just as likely The Post is making it up as they go along based off of who they are interviewing (which is no indication of anything really), then CNN "corroborates" it.

At least it's two different entities this time.  Better than what Fox News used to do. Plant a story in the morning as a passing comment, and then later in the day have one of their news people firm it up by saying "sources have said", when it was their own people who made it up in the first place...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1322 on: June 15, 2017, 08:10:21 am »

So the deputy AG can still fire Mueller for "just cause". I got to figure leaking smile to the press would fall in that category. Mueller is just f'ing with everyone now in my opinion. Comey's revenge. I mean how many people are in the special counsel's office? Smoke them out. Or just as likely The Post is making it up as they go along based off of who they are interviewing (which is no indication of anything really), then CNN "corroborates" it.

And I guess we have moved on from collusion?

But of course...the RWRE Trumpy's will always believe the Fake Fox News lies over ALL of the national intelligence agencies...NSA, CIA, FBI,....  It's "alternate facts" they believe, like Kellyanne explained before.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1323 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1324 on: June 21, 2017, 12:01:38 am »

With the latest GOP victories in S.C. and Georgia, I think it is important that we all re-live November 8, 2016, this time through the eyes of the Young Turks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWY0iRLV94

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1325 on: June 21, 2017, 06:48:41 am »

With the latest GOP victories in S.C. and Georgia, I think it is important that we all re-live November 8, 2016, this time through the eyes of the Young Turks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWY0iRLV94

Part of me still thinks people voted for Trump just to see stuff like this on television. You can't make up stuff like this. The network telecasts that evening were pretty much the same without the curse words.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1326 on: June 21, 2017, 07:08:08 am »

The Georgia 6th has been solidly Republican for ages and Trump carried it easily last year. Ossof's showing in this special election, while not beating his opponent, can be regarded as merely a fluke or as a harbinger of things to come. Read the tea leaves for yourself. My take is that as Trump sinks ever deeper in the polls and gets mired in almost continuous scandals, Ossof's campaign will be seen as a turning point.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1327 on: June 21, 2017, 08:37:49 am »

The Georgia 6th has been solidly Republican for ages and Trump carried it easily last year. Ossof's showing in this special election, while not beating his opponent, can be regarded as merely a fluke or as a harbinger of things to come. Read the tea leaves for yourself. My take is that as Trump sinks ever deeper in the polls and gets mired in almost continuous scandals, Ossof's campaign will be seen as a turning point.

Especially given that Handel's campaign outspent Ossof's by more than 4 to 1.  That tells me, in a deep red district, that the GOP knows it has problems moving ahead.  That and the fact that Handel distanced herself as far from Trump as she could.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1328 on: June 21, 2017, 10:38:39 am »

She ran against his youth and the fact that he didn't even live in the district.

I suggest they get a better candidate next time that old people trust and you has been there a while.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1329 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:30 am »

She ran against his youth and the fact that he didn't even live in the district.

I suggest they get a better candidate next time that old people trust and you has been there a while.

To be candid. I didn't really track this thing. I was compelled to tease a few out of control Trump haters

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1330 on: June 21, 2017, 11:31:22 am »

Especially given that Handel's campaign outspent Ossof's by more than 4 to 1.  That tells me, in a deep red district, that the GOP knows it has problems moving ahead.  That and the fact that Handel distanced herself as far from Trump as she could.

Source that? 

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/jon-ossoff-spent-six-times-more-than-karen-handel-but-complains-about-money-in-politics/article/2626628

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1331 on: June 21, 2017, 12:06:28 pm »

To be candid. I didn't really track this thing. I was compelled to tease a few out of control Trump haters troll
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #1332 on: June 21, 2017, 12:31:34 pm »

I agree. I hadn't seen 6 to 1 before, but I thought I had read that upwards of 50 mill were spent on this and that the better half came from the Democrat. I could be wrong though. The NYT this morning had a piece about where the funds came from but it wasn't perfectly clear as to the total, but it didn't appear particularly lop sided either way, at least not 4 or 6 to 1 in either direction.

This was a district that the long time incumbent won over 60% of the ballots dating back to 2004. Romney won by double digits over Obama in 2012. But Trump only carried it by less than 2 points less than a year ago. I don't know what that really says about the district to be honest. I figure two new candidates would be much closer than a long time incumbent. That would have been something had Price had a close one (if you call 6 points close). I don't really look at this as a harbinger of national politics. Especially since I am told repeatedly by Democrats that local politics don't always equate well to the national level. Why else would we have a sizable majority of states controlled by Republicans.

I honestly chalk most of these notable losses (including Clinton) up to just poor candidates running. For many, there was no real reason to vote for Clinton except to stop Trump. Apparently obstructionist agendas only work for Republican candidates. I guess we will see in the 2018 midterms. I fully expect gains for Democrats. But if that does NOT happen, then there really will be hell to pay in the DNC.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1333 on: June 21, 2017, 02:06:07 pm »

This entire thread began as trolling. Nothing but a platform to whine, complain, and make fun of the president. Don't act so offended.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1334 on: June 21, 2017, 04:40:57 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org