A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:31:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455526 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2017, 06:51:06 pm »

And today Trump put back into place his refugee ban.

Sans the Iraqis.  We must have suddenly improved the vetting of travelers from Iraq.  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #541 on: March 06, 2017, 07:18:08 pm »

Sans the Iraqis.  We must have suddenly improved the vetting of travelers from Iraq.  Roll Eyes

No, he banned ALL refugees for 120 days. He banned all travel by those six countries.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #542 on: March 06, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »

No, he banned ALL refugees for 120 days. He banned all travel by those six countries.

Sorry, I can’t keep up with all his frenetic activity.  Can you blame me?  I mean this admin is kind of a walking fustercluck.

WaPo is reporting our annual quota will be cut from 110K established by Obama to 50K. 

It’s not like there are not other countries with the capability to humanely host more refugees.  We have gone beyond broke being the first to offer aid and offering to be the world’s top cop.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #543 on: March 07, 2017, 11:34:13 am »

It’s not like there are not other countries with the capability to humanely host more refugees.  We have gone beyond broke being the first to offer aid and offering to be the world’s top cop.

The interesting thing is the world hates him so much when he does something they seem to respond in the opposite manner.  Like the money he withdrew from any sort of international family planning education.  Somebody else increased their spending what we decreased it.  It paid for part of his weekly Florida trips.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #544 on: March 07, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

Let me preface this by saying that what I am about to say is in no way making a claim one way or another on the matter at hand.

That being said, I find it quite comical to read an article decrying anonymous sources from the Washington Post. Come on, now that's funny stuff right?

There was only one source.  The other stories cited as a source were derivative of the first.

What a twist of irony that a move meant to distract from the Russia controversy would end up pointing to an alleged Trump server processing illegal payments from Russia.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:14:56 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #545 on: March 07, 2017, 02:32:31 pm »

That sounds like they went into his office and put a bug in his desk phone and are across the street in a van listening it. That’s not how it works. If they are listening to your calls, they (FBI, NSA, whoever) present a warrant to your telecom providers and are logging into the phone switch remotely and are copying all the data that flows to and from your phone, not just phone calls. They don’t care where in the world you and phone are, be it cell phone or land line. Trump Tower isn’t “tapped”, Trump Tower is irrelevant.

The current state of affairs is that any Podunk PD can have a "cell tower simulator" for the asking as long as they keep it secret.
Apparently they come with the keys to the new MRAP.

Now maybe Trump will come out against unwarranted mass-surveillance of Americans?

In the case of a tool called “Weeping Angel” for attacking Samsung SmartTVs, Wikileaks wrote, “After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a 'Fake-Off' mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on, In 'Fake-Off' mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.”

"The argument that there is some terrorist using a Samsung TV somewhere – as a reason to not disclose that vulnerability to the company, when it puts thousands of Americans at risk"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/03/07/why-the-cia-is-using-your-tvs-smartphones-and-cars-for-spying/

...or not.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:30 pm »

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #547 on: March 12, 2017, 10:27:57 am »

So of course Trump fired him.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/drain-swamp-supporters-say-fired-prosecutor-bharara-was-doing-it-n732331

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #548 on: March 12, 2017, 11:44:46 am »

The same could be said for prosecutors each previous admin has fired.  Clearly the press is trying to pile on as if this is something significant or unusual for Trump to do since they don't mention until five or six paragraphs in the fact all admins tend to replace US Attorneys with their own appointees.

I'm still no fan of Drumpf, but the constant stream of hit jobs from what was once considered more MSM is getting tiresome.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #549 on: March 12, 2017, 12:51:31 pm »

The same could be said for prosecutors each previous admin has fired.  Clearly the press is trying to pile on as if this is something significant or unusual for Trump to do since they don't mention until five or six paragraphs in the fact all admins tend to replace US Attorneys with their own appointees.

And yet they do mention it.  I would think a hit-job wouldnt.  Nor possibly include this:

New York State Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin, a Republican who was an adopter of Trump's "drain the swamp" pledge, Tweeted "Definitely not a wise move at all." 

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #550 on: March 12, 2017, 02:09:54 pm »

Roger Stone now admits to contact via Twitter direct messages with Guiccifer 2.0, says the messages were "innocuous". Guiccifer of course being Russian Intelligence.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/03/11/trump-confidant-roger-stone-admits-to-speaking-privately-with-dnc-hacker/21880014/

So we know that Russia hacked the election. Even Trump admits that. We know that many people in the Trump Campaign had contacts with Russia. Two so far have been proven to be lying about those contacts and now we have admitted direct contact between the Trump campaign and Russian Intelligence. 

Fake news huh?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #551 on: March 13, 2017, 08:28:39 am »

I'm still no fan of Drumpf, but the constant stream of hit jobs from what was once considered more MSM is getting tiresome.

No. Don't fall for this.  THIS ISNT NORMAL.

First, it is true that most US Attorneys are replaced.  Not only is that good because a new administration can put in US Attorneys with their goals in mind, but it is also good that US Attorneys don't create fiefdoms.

But it is unusual for them to be dismissed so suddenly when replacements aren't even being considered. That is true across the board here, most of the positions that the administrations have dismissed in all agencies sit vacant.  No list, no appointment, no path towards confirmation.  Just major governmental posts told to immediately leave, and many positions unoccupied.  Nearly 2000 of them (most do not require confirmation).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-vacancies/

Second, this guy was told he could keep his job. Donald Trump told him he could keep his job, then told him to quit. That's not normal.

Third, The Donald tried to contact him directly.  To maintain the independence of US Attorneys, they are not allowed supposed to be in direct contact with the President (lest everyone say XYZ investigation was tainted with political pressure).  The subordinate had to dodge a "you're fired" call from the President of the United States to avoid an ethics violation.  That's not normal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/politics/preet-bharara-us-attorney.html?_r=0

Lets see if his investigation into Fox News goes away under the new appointment...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #552 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:30 am »

Exactly what the RWRE wants you to feel.  When you become "numbed" to it, it becomes a "chicken little" event and you can comfortably sit back and declare it is tiresome and just put it out of your mind as ongoing MSM stuff.  And they win.  The tactic the RWRE is using is a fire-hose of s*** so exactly that response occurs.  Sad to see a recovering Republican sliding back into the apathy....

Another hit job on Scott Pruitt - macabre humor being tragically true;

https://www.facebook.com/edsteinink/videos/1435540643131872/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: March 13, 2017, 10:51:14 am »

No. Don't fall for this.  THIS ISNT NORMAL.

What is unusual is telling or strongly implying that you are going to extend the term of a US attorney into the new administration and then arbitrarily demanding his resignation. That is what Preet Bharara, the camera-ready and highly charismatic US attorney for the Southern District of New York, claims that President Trump did to him, and Bharara is plenty angry about it...
The investigation of possible ties between members of the Trump campaign team and Russian officials, and the President's claim that he was wiretapped in Trump Tower on orders of President Obama, will all lead back to the Southern District of New York.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/opinions/trump-beware-after-firing-bharara-callan/index.html

i.e., Bharara may have been investigating (or about to investigate) Trump.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #554 on: March 13, 2017, 02:54:05 pm »

CBO has finished it’s scoring of Trumpcare. Implementing Trumpcare as proposed will mean that 24 million people will lose healthcare coverage by 2026.

24 million, that’s like the entire state of Texas. That’s fully 10% of our non-retired population.

It would save about $300 billion over the next decade, which is about half the amount Trump wants to increase military spending by.

Priorities people, it’s all about priorities.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cbo-congressional-budget-office-score-ahca-trumpcare-2017-3
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org