A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:12:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455374 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #525 on: March 04, 2017, 11:57:10 pm »

The way he talked about his phones being tapped was out of 1960's era spy movies. Comical and childish.

i didn't catch the inflection since it was done 140 characters or less at a time

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #526 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:48 am »

This could get very interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/05/trumps-evidence-for-obama-wiretap-claims-relies-on-sketchy-anonymously-sourced-reports/?utm_term=.00635692426f
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:04:12 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #527 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:39 am »

Perhaps he got it from the National Enquirier? 

This guy gets more bizarre by the day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #528 on: March 06, 2017, 11:00:05 am »

i didn't catch the inflection since it was done 140 characters or less at a time

This specifically:
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

That sounds like they went into his office and put a bug in his desk phone and are across the street in a van listening it. That’s not how it works. If they are listening to your calls, they (FBI, NSA, whoever) present a warrant to your telecom providers and are logging into the phone switch remotely and are copying all the data that flows to and from your phone, not just phone calls. They don’t care where in the world you and phone are, be it cell phone or land line. Trump Tower isn’t “tapped”, Trump Tower is irrelevant.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #529 on: March 06, 2017, 11:40:16 am »

Let me preface this by saying that what I am about to say is in no way making a claim one way or another on the matter at hand.

That being said, I find it quite comical to read an article decrying anonymous sources from the Washington Post. Come on, now that's funny stuff right?

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #530 on: March 06, 2017, 11:53:14 am »

That being said, I find it quite comical to read an article decrying anonymous sources from the Washington Post. Come on, now that's funny stuff right?

You mean the very thing the Washington Post talked about in the article?

It’s certainly ironic that the Trump White House — which has heavily criticized articles relying on anonymous sources — now relies on articles based on anonymous sources that cite information that has not  been confirmed by any U.S. news organization. It would be amusing if it were not so sad.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/05/trumps-evidence-for-obama-wiretap-claims-relies-on-sketchy-anonymously-sourced-reports/?utm_term=.325e7b820d55

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #531 on: March 06, 2017, 12:18:27 pm »

Exactly.

They are complaining about something that in the same breath they are doing. Just funny that's all.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #532 on: March 06, 2017, 12:41:24 pm »

Exactly.

They are complaining about something that in the same breath they are doing. Just funny that's all.

Completely a false equivalency.  The Post examined the claim in detail.  They don't just laugh it off because the source isn't revealed.  They look at available evidence, other outlets attempts at finding sources, and the credibility of the outlets citing the anonymous sources.

A major news outlet like the Washington Post, BBC, New York Times, CNN, the WSJ or Fox News puts its credibility on the line even when using trusted anonymous sources. When they are wrong it costs them credibility, damages the brand, reduces viewership/readership, loses revenue, and people can get fired.   They are wrong sometimes and are forced to eat crow, but the vast majority of the time they turn out to be correct. It usually makes news when they are wrong - their competitors love to point it out.

When fringe news sites repeat conspiracy theories with no evidence, they suffer no consequence when they are wrong.  Day in and day out, the internet shrugs and moves on.  An outlet citing anonymous sources for captive aliens at Area 51 does not have the same credibility as the Wall Street Journal reporting insider trading, just because they both cited anonymous sources.  Its a false equivalency. 

Seriously, go read the article I linked.  Ready any article on it that tries to unravel the "sources" of the "Obama wire tapped me" claims. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/examining-trumps-wiretap-claim/
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/media/mark-levin-joel-pollak-breitbart-trump-obama/

Also worth noting that your response is lock-step with PR machine of the administration:

Both Sanders and Conway said the president is the victim of a double standard, in which reporting on ties between individuals close to Trump and the Russian government is allowed but the allegation of illegal wiretapping by Obama is dismissed and criticized. Conway complained that anonymous sources are too often given credence in negative stories about the president and then ignored “when it may be something positive or exculpatory.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/donald-trump-wiretapping-obama-aides-response-235719

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #533 on: March 06, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »

I personally would like to see Trump’s evidence. Does he keep that evidence in the same folder with his voter fraud evidence? Because after all this time it would be good to see that too. You know the evidence of 3-5 million  fraudulent votes that he gave to Pence’s blue ribbon investigation team that he announced a month ago. You know, that could be serious, like make every election nationally invalid serious.

We need a Do Over here.

Maybe he’s also got all that stuff on Obama’s birth certificate there too?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #534 on: March 06, 2017, 01:42:55 pm »

When fringe news sites repeat conspiracy theories with no evidence, they suffer no consequence when they are wrong.  Day in and day out, the internet shrugs and moves on.  An outlet citing anonymous sources for captive aliens at Area 51 does not have the same credibility as the Wall Street Journal reporting insider trading, just because they both cited anonymous sources.  Its a false equivalency. 

And why wouldn't the alien source be credible??  It's on the internet - and they can't lie if it's on the internet....

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #535 on: March 06, 2017, 05:15:10 pm »

Perhaps he got it from the National Enquirier? 

This guy gets more bizarre by the day.

National Enquirer nailed Clenis. just sayin.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #536 on: March 06, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »

Perfectly rationale behavior. Language warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLfCHF3skk

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #537 on: March 06, 2017, 05:38:55 pm »

I keep conjuring Captain Queeg.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #538 on: March 06, 2017, 05:52:57 pm »

All humor aside, Trump has done nothing to endear himself to the intelligence community and DOJ which seems pretty dangerous to me.  Our national security depends on a good and reliable relationship between intel and the executive branch, something that does not appear to be the case now.

The other part is, I imagine the intelligence community knows far more about Trump and his past than just the allegations of playing around with Russian hookers.  I don’t think I’d love with these guys if I were him, even if he thinks it’s serving a purpose of distraction, something he seems to be a master at.

This was a pretty good op-ed I read over lunch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/03/06/daily-202-wiretapping-allegations-accomplished-what-trump-wanted-but-may-backfire-bigly/58bca8bde9b69b1406c75d42/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_daily202-1045a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.4b829b7cbd65

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #539 on: March 06, 2017, 06:00:40 pm »

Yesterday, Sunday, my family went to church at my wife's parents church as part of spending the day with my wife's mother, it was her birthday. It's a small Native American church, American Baptist. They had a group of visitors from Bacone College, kids studying ministry at Bacone.

All these kids are from Burma, immigrants, refugees. They came to America to escape the persecution of Christians and the poverty in Burma. They shared stories about their lives before they came here. Houses with no beds that rainwater just moved right through. Lack of food, no doctors. Soldiers destroying make shift homes and killing relatives, running for their very lives and never seeing their families again. It was very moving. I was inspired that these young people had overcome so much and now are on the verge of graduating from college. That they came here and can be part of our great American experiment is our strength as a country.

And today Trump put back into place his refugee ban.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:02:31 pm by swake » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org