A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:31:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1468832 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #510 on: March 03, 2017, 02:10:49 pm »

I think they are probably going to get a big fat swing and a miss on this one. I'm no lawyer, but I don't see the perjury here. He was asked about a scenario involving Russian involvement in 2016 election. He said he didn't talk to them about that (in not so eloquent of way). Can you all prove that he did. He was a sitting Senator who more than likely has talked with dozens if not hundreds of different ambassadors throughout his tenure. I don't have time to find the link to the story, but the scenario at the RNC that he "met/spoke" with the Ruskie was set up by the justice department I believe (I could be wrong, so don't crucify me). And this same fellow has made the rounds including dozens of white house trips. Unless you can somehow conjure up some evidence that Sessions was conspiring with the Russians, he is well within his role to be talking with them about a slew of topics I'm sure.

I'm no fan of Paul Ryan, but I think he nailed it when he said the hooplah over this is going to result in a big fat "nothing burger".

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #511 on: March 03, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »

On September 8th  2016, Sessions who has been an adviser to the Trump campaign for well over a year at that point meets with the Russian Ambassador.

FRANKEN: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so, you know.
But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?
SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Franken never asked Sessions if he had been in contact with Russia. Sessions volunteered that he had no contact with Russia, and did not qualify that statement in any way. He volunteered that he indeed was involved with the campaign and stated he had no contact with Russia and therefore he had no information. No qualification about no contact regarding the campaign, he stated “I did not have communications with the Russians”. His statement is very clear. And was a clear and documented lie.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #512 on: March 03, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »

On September 8th  2016, Sessions who has been an adviser to the Trump campaign for well over a year at that point meets with the Russian Ambassador.

Franken never asked Sessions if he had been in contact with Russia. Sessions volunteered that he had no contact with Russia, and did not qualify that statement in any way. He volunteered that he indeed was involved with the campaign and stated he had no contact with Russia and therefore he had no information. No qualification about no contact regarding the campaign, he stated “I did not have communications with the Russians”. His statement is very clear. And was a clear and documented lie.

Hmm...in legal parlance, isn't that called perjury when under oath?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #513 on: March 03, 2017, 05:30:07 pm »

"harlot du jour" just caught this. love it!

I usually get censored using that word and the "whore" word when referring to Newt Gingrich's latest future ex-Mrs. Gingrich.  I guess it was missed this time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #514 on: March 04, 2017, 02:50:48 am »

Wasn't Trump the one who said he wouldn't be taking any golfing vacations because he'd be 'too busy'.  Yeah, like I thought that's how it would play out.

I keep hearing Danny DeVito's Penguin character from Batman Returns "You gotta admit, I played this city like a harp from hell" when I hear of stuff like this.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #515 on: March 04, 2017, 10:46:52 am »

Time for the next distraction:

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone.

Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #516 on: March 04, 2017, 11:01:37 am »

Desperate desperado.

Sources? Facts? Trump don't need no stinkin' sources and he has his own facts! Is it just coincidental that Obama, one of the best organizers ever, now has the time and the relationships necessary to do some real political organizing, thus another in a long list of enemies to the liar in chief? I think not.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #517 on: March 04, 2017, 11:08:06 am »

Looks like the resident drive-by poster is up posting at all hours of the morning.  Hmm...wonder who else has that same habit?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #518 on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:06 am »

Time for the next distraction:

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone.

Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

This guy....LOL.  What a maroon.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #519 on: March 04, 2017, 11:20:12 am »

Organizing For Action is getting traction and Obama is involved. That's why #45 has a bad case of blue balls.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #520 on: March 04, 2017, 12:14:11 pm »

Organizing For Action is getting traction and Obama is involved. That's why #45 has a bad case of blue balls.

You win the Internet today for that....

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #521 on: March 04, 2017, 03:35:59 pm »

So either Trump has been informed of a formerly secret FISA warrant against Trump and company as part of a FBI investigation and he and/or his campaign are about to formally accused criminal activity relating to Russia and the election or he's lying again to deflect criticism.

Either way, it's time for Trump to leave office.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #522 on: March 04, 2017, 08:16:46 pm »

So either Trump has been informed of a formerly secret FISA warrant against Trump and company as part of a FBI investigation and he and/or his campaign are about to formally accused criminal activity relating to Russia and the election or he's lying again to deflect criticism.

Either way, it's time for Trump to leave office.

That or he found the "wiretap" button on the Presedential phone set.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #523 on: March 04, 2017, 09:38:34 pm »

That or he found the "wiretap" button on the Presedential phone set.

The way he talked about his phones being tapped was out of 1960's era spy movies. Comical and childish.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #524 on: March 04, 2017, 11:42:38 pm »

The way he talked about his phones being tapped was out of 1960's era spy movies. Comical and childish.

Agreed.  Photoshoppers have been hard at work over this news:

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org