A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1454914 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:05 pm »

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/click-for-a-full-transcript-of-trumps-first-solo-press-conference.html

"I mean I watch CNN, and it's so much anger, hatred, and just the hatred, I don't watch it anymore because it's very good — he's saying now, it's okay, Jim, you'll have a chance. But I watch others too. You're not the only one, don't feel badly. But I think it should be straight. I think it should be, I think it should be frankly more interesting."

"Well, you look at your show that goes on at 10 in the evening. You just take a look at the show. It's a constant hit. The panel is almost always exclusive anti-Trump. The good news is he doesn't have good ratings, but the panel is almost exclusive anti-Trump, and the hatred and venom from his mouth. And hatred from other people on your network. I'll say this. I watch it. I see it. I'm amazed by it. And I just think you'd be a lot better off. I honestly do. The public gets it.

You go to rallies, they're screaming at CNN, they want to throw their placards at CNN. You know, I think you would do much better by being different. But you just Take a look. Take a look at some of your shows in the mornings and evening. If a guest comes out and says something positive about me, it's brutal. Now, they'll take this news conference, I'm actually having a very good time, okay, but they'll take this news conference — don't forget, that's the way I won. I used to give you a news conference every day and made a speech, which was every day. That's how I won, with news conference and probably speeches. I certainly did not win by people listening to you people. That's for sure.

But I'm having a good time. Tomorrow, they will say, Donald Trump rants and raves at the press. I'm not ranting and raving. I'm telling you you're dishonest people, but I'm not ranting and raving. I love this. I'm having a good time doing it, but tomorrow's headlines are going to be Donald Trump, rants and rants. I'm not ranting. "

He should have just stuck to naming his Labor Sec nominee.  This has evolved into more than just a dumpster fire now.  Wow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:46 pm »

He should have just stuck to naming his Labor Sec nominee.  This has evolved into more than just a dumpster fire now.  Wow.

He didn't give a damn about nominating a new Labor Sec today, this was all about his unhappiness with how Spicer treats the press and communicates Trumps messages. Trump wanted to go and fight the press, so he did. I think we are going to see MORE of this insanity. I don't think anyone can talk to Trump.

It's getting harder and harder to find people that admit to being Trump supporters anymore. He's sinking fast.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2017, 07:15:36 pm »

I did, and what I have been saying lines up pretty square with what Brooks said.

Did I once say Trump is great. I said Trump could be good for the country, but not in a way that means he is good at what he does. Without Trump, I don't believe Washington gets fixed, or at least not nearly as fast as it will with him. There is a difference. Nuance is a thing.

We didn't read the same editorial then. He doesn't fix anything. He has a well known history of failing actually. But do go on....

onward...through the fog
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2017, 07:19:37 am »

We didn't read the same editorial then. He doesn't fix anything. He has a well known history of failing actually. But do go on....

Ego must be in YOUR way, as you obviously didn't read what I said.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2017, 08:05:31 am »

Ego must be in YOUR way, as you obviously didn't read what I said.

Yes, we get it, burn it all down. And screw anyone that may rely on services from the government and if he crashes the economy or stars a pointless war that gets a lot of people killed, oh well.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2017, 09:26:53 am »

This just isn't funny anymore. Soldiers in the streets of American cities rounding people up. This isn't fascist at all. Nope.

Trump Weighs Mobilizing National Guard for Immigration Roundups

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (GARANCE BURKE)
February 17, 2017, 9:19 AM CST
(AP) -- A draft memo obtained by The Associated Press outlines a Trump administration proposal under consideration to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants. Millions of those who would be affected in 11 states live nowhere near the Mexico border.

The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana. If the proposal is implemented, governors in the affected states would have final approval on whether troops under their control participate.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2017, 11:37:13 am »

Enough leaks to sink even the Titanic.

This has got to be pretty unprecedented. Of course I say that with basically no way of measuring what so ever.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:24 pm »

This just isn't funny anymore. Soldiers in the streets of American cities rounding people up. This isn't fascist at all. Nope.

Trump Weighs Mobilizing National Guard for Immigration Roundups

Four states that border on Mexico are included in the proposal — California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas — but it also encompasses seven states contiguous to those four — Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

Governors in the 11 states would have a choice whether to have their guard troops participate, according to the memo, written by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said the AP report was "100 percent not true" and "irresponsible." ''There is no effort at all to utilize the National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants," he said.

Glad he plans "massive infrastructure spending" because those tanks are going to be hard on our roads and bridges.  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »

Enough leaks to sink even the Titanic.

This has got to be pretty unprecedented. Of course I say that with basically no way of measuring what so ever.

Unsurprising response from you.

Leaks.  I thought Trump LOVED leaks.  Wikileaks to be sure.  He even encouraged Russians to hack further to find Hillary's emails.

Oh, unless it affects him.  Then he hates them.

This President is dangerous.  You can call the previous president aloof, whatever.  After yesterday's display I'm at a loss to see how much further it can go down in flames.  I've got friends of mine now who voted for him openly telling me they made a mistake.  They wouldn't have voted for Hillary, but now they regret voting for this meat-head.

If the leaks bring out in the open some untoward actions by the administration (and sofar there seem to be many of them, from Kellyanne promoting Ivanka's goods, to the Flynn dismissal, to his potential replacement turning down the job offer, to the Labor Secretary removing himself from nomination...and finally, elephant --or bear -- in the room...what does the president know about Russia and what ties does he have) that would be a good thing.  Instead, you have Chaffetz doing two things.  Investigating the leaks (that should be done) but refusing to investigate the Russia ties.  And his continuation of the investigation of the Hillary emails.  The rank and file Rs have lost their damned minds.  Guys like McCain, Graham and a few others give me hope, however.

Yesterday he was in full campaign mode.  His supporters eat that up.  His approval ratings continue on the decline.  He has gone to his vacation home each of the weekends he has been in office.

This camp....err.....administration is a train wreck on fire with dumpsters on the load cars.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »

I had visions of brown shirts cruising the streets.

Turns out, Spicer is denying the White House has any such knowledge of the plan.  Here's an article with a pdf of the memorandum which originated from John Kelly, the DHS secretary.  If this happened without Trump's prior knowledge I suspect Kelly might be sacked soon.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-document-trump-national-guard-draft-memo-20170217-htmlstory.html

And yes, this admin seems to be leakier than the SS Minnow.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2017, 03:30:31 pm »

Unsurprising response from you.

Leaks.  I thought Trump LOVED leaks.  Wikileaks to be sure.  He even encouraged Russians to hack further to find Hillary's emails.

Oh, unless it affects him.  Then he hates them.

This President is dangerous.  You can call the previous president aloof, whatever.  After yesterday's display I'm at a loss to see how much further it can go down in flames.  I've got friends of mine now who voted for him openly telling me they made a mistake.  They wouldn't have voted for Hillary, but now they regret voting for this meat-head.

If the leaks bring out in the open some untoward actions by the administration (and sofar there seem to be many of them, from Kellyanne promoting Ivanka's goods, to the Flynn dismissal, to his potential replacement turning down the job offer, to the Labor Secretary removing himself from nomination...and finally, elephant --or bear -- in the room...what does the president know about Russia and what ties does he have) that would be a good thing.  Instead, you have Chaffetz doing two things.  Investigating the leaks (that should be done) but refusing to investigate the Russia ties.  And his continuation of the investigation of the Hillary emails.  The rank and file Rs have lost their damned minds.  Guys like McCain, Graham and a few others give me hope, however.

Yesterday he was in full campaign mode.  His supporters eat that up.  His approval ratings continue on the decline.  He has gone to his vacation home each of the weekends he has been in office.

This camp....err.....administration is a train wreck on fire with dumpsters on the load cars.

The clairvoyance is strong with you.

Where now my stating a rather meaningless fairly obvious observation has ulterior motives.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2017, 03:49:31 pm »

I had visions of brown shirts cruising the streets.

Turns out, Spicer is denying the White House has any such knowledge of the plan.  Here's an article with a pdf of the memorandum which originated from John Kelly, the DHS secretary.  If this happened without Trump's prior knowledge I suspect Kelly might be sacked soon.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-document-trump-national-guard-draft-memo-20170217-htmlstory.html

And yes, this admin seems to be leakier than the SS Minnow.

It's real. Now DHS is admitting the doc is legit, but was just an early, unapproved draft. It's unreal how incompetent this White House is

DHS official described the document as a very early draft that was not seriously considered and never brought to the secretary for approval
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/trump-weighs-mobilizing-national-guard-for-immigration-roundups
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2017, 10:33:52 pm »

It's real. Now DHS is admitting the doc is legit, but was just an early, unapproved draft. It's unreal how incompetent this White House is
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/trump-weighs-mobilizing-national-guard-for-immigration-roundups

Some have suggested these leaks are some sort of by-design bait-and-switch, wherein the White House gets a “Donald Trump is mulling doing something extreme” story, then denies it, leaving the news organization that reported on it sandbagged and exposed. Meanwhile, the White House is suddenly in a stronger position to do what they actually want to do.

Here’s how this would work:

1. The White House lets it be known that they might do something crazily extreme.

2. Which allows the media’s reporting to sow outrage.

3. Allowing the White House to back up onto a policy that’s less crazily extreme.

4. Leaving everyone feeling relieved about the bullet that was dodged and proud of themselves for having backed Trump down. Also, the media looks stupid.

5. But the less crazily extreme plan was what they wanted all along!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ap-national-guard-trump-media_us_58a76c45e4b045cd34c1970c

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2017, 10:37:56 pm »

Some have suggested these leaks are some sort of by-design bait-and-switch, wherein the White House gets a “Donald Trump is mulling doing something extreme” story, then denies it, leaving the news organization that reported on it sandbagged and exposed. Meanwhile, the White House is suddenly in a stronger position to do what they actually want to do.

Here’s how this would work:

1. The White House lets it be known that they might do something crazily extreme.

2. Which allows the media’s reporting to sow outrage.

3. Allowing the White House to back up onto a policy that’s less crazily extreme.

4. Leaving everyone feeling relieved about the bullet that was dodged and proud of themselves for having backed Trump down. Also, the media looks stupid.

5. But the less crazily extreme plan was what they wanted all along!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ap-national-guard-trump-media_us_58a76c45e4b045cd34c1970c

I think it's more likely that some poor brave DHS employee got the memo and was shocked by what it contained and felt the need to get it out in the public before it became an executive order.

Some of the other leaks I think are strategic between different camps in the White House jockeying for power and Trump's approval by tearing down the other side. Conway  vs Spicer/Prebius vs Bannon/Miller vs son in law.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:39:52 pm by swake » Logged
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #434 on: February 18, 2017, 07:47:36 am »

Remember that the Trump campaign floated ideas in a similar fashion, "leaking" them to gauge reaction without having to own them.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org