A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:39:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1455481 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2017, 06:10:56 pm »

FIFY, because we know what an anachronism strong journalistic integrity is these days.

A man ahead of his time......

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »

FIFY, because we know what an anachronism strong journalistic integrity is these days.

As an example (excuse the drift) here's how local TV stations reported news of police freaking out when a street person hopped into an undercover cop's car:

TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Police took a suspect in custody in a possible attempted robbery. Officers responded to the QuikTrip at 51st and Harvard around 7:15 p.m. Monday, January 9, 2017.
Officers say a man hopped in the back seat of the detective's blue Ford and said, "take me somewhere." The door was unlocked, according to police.
The officer said the man refused to leave, so he called for backup.
"He told the officer to get out of the vehicle and to take him," said Sergeant C. Hardaway, Tulsa Police. "He said, 'take me, just take me with you.' And the officer felt like he was in fear, and the subject kept pounding his fists and just making like he was going to assault him.

http://www.newson6.com/story/34220677/tulsa-police-suspect-tries-to-rob-detective-in-unmarked-car

Officers responded to the QuikTrip near I-44 and South Harvard around 7:15 p.m. They say Cpl. D. Filak requested assistance over the radio after Anthony Haley opened the unlocked rear driver's side door, got in the backseat and refused commands to get out.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/man-accused-of-jumping-into-backseat-of-unmarked-tpd-car-in-custody-allegedly-threatened-officer

But you cant beat another station's hysterical "hostage situation"

Man allegedly takes officer hostage
 by: Sara Whaley Updated: Jan 10, 2017 - 6:04 AM
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
    Police arrested a man near the QuikTrip at 51st and Harvard.
    The man reportedly took an officer hostage in his unmarked car.
    He allegedly demanded the officer surrender the car; he was believed to be on PCP

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2017, 10:35:19 pm »

As an example (excuse the drift) here's how local TV stations reported news of police freaking out when a street person hopped into an undercover cop's car:

TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa Police took a suspect in custody in a possible attempted robbery. Officers responded to the QuikTrip at 51st and Harvard around 7:15 p.m. Monday, January 9, 2017.
Officers say a man hopped in the back seat of the detective's blue Ford and said, "take me somewhere." The door was unlocked, according to police.
The officer said the man refused to leave, so he called for backup.
"He told the officer to get out of the vehicle and to take him," said Sergeant C. Hardaway, Tulsa Police. "He said, 'take me, just take me with you.' And the officer felt like he was in fear, and the subject kept pounding his fists and just making like he was going to assault him.

http://www.newson6.com/story/34220677/tulsa-police-suspect-tries-to-rob-detective-in-unmarked-car

Officers responded to the QuikTrip near I-44 and South Harvard around 7:15 p.m. They say Cpl. D. Filak requested assistance over the radio after Anthony Haley opened the unlocked rear driver's side door, got in the backseat and refused commands to get out.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/man-accused-of-jumping-into-backseat-of-unmarked-tpd-car-in-custody-allegedly-threatened-officer

But you cant beat another station's hysterical "hostage situation"

Man allegedly takes officer hostage
 by: Sara Whaley Updated: Jan 10, 2017 - 6:04 AM
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
    Police arrested a man near the QuikTrip at 51st and Harvard.
    The man reportedly took an officer hostage in his unmarked car.
    He allegedly demanded the officer surrender the car; he was believed to be on PCP

What the he!! does any of this have to do with Trump? Your highjacking every thread with your anti-cop diatribes is really tiring . And I say that as something that thinks police in this country are often awful.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »

And yet his supporters/apologists still dismiss this behavior out of one side of their face while bleating plaintively about their religious beliefs from the other...

Not as funny this time but hit the relevant topics:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/donald-trump-press-conference-cold-open/3454408?snl=1

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2017, 07:16:23 pm »

What the he!! does any of this have to do with Trump? Your highjacking every thread with your anti-cop diatribes is really tiring . And I say that as something that thinks police in this country are often awful.
It was very clearly an on-topic response about media intergrity that just happened to involve a police story as an example -- it was handy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:34:26 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:54 pm »

10 minutes dealing with the stupids around me, and I start using the F-bomb like a comma!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2017, 10:57:49 am »

Smells like Victory...What a great day.....!!!!

rebound
City Father

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2017, 11:06:23 am »

...And I Feel Fiiiine...     (REM, 1987)

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2017, 11:30:07 am »

...And I Feel Fiiiine...     (REM, 1987)

Daddy took Smokey's iPhone away.
http://gizmodo.com/national-park-service-banned-from-tweeting-after-anti-t-1791449526

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »

And now, in the first of what promises to be a long series of lunatic ideas, Newt Gingrich wants to change federal law to allow our new Fuhrer-in-Chief the authority to fire civil servants who voted for Clinton.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/19/newt-gingrich-sounds-like-wants-turn-civil-service-back-patronage-system/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2017, 08:31:39 am »

Professionals are important to run anything.  At the moment, we do not have anyone in charge of the DC National Guard, the Nuclear Safety Commission,  or most of our embassy's.  Luckily, we have professional staff as caretakers.  If all federal jobs were political, even the most basic functions of government wouldn't get done.

Ron Swanson would approve, but practically speaking...nothing good happens.

(this isn't to say firing federal workers, or any worker, for incompetence or malicious intent shouldn't be allowed)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:20 am »

Some people have jobs you know.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2017, 10:19:30 am »

But I thought that picture on the right was 1.5 million people?

Huh

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2017, 11:08:09 am »

What?? I thought the economy is so bad 93 million people are out of work.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2017, 11:49:01 am »

What?? I thought the economy is so bad 93 million people are out of work.

I think you missed the joke.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org